PDA

View Full Version : ahhhh omfg im screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
09-15-2007, 06:00 PM
ya so just called dealer for pricing of shift cables i need for my car and uh...ya 2hundred and dad gum 10 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!! for metal string things?!?!?!?!!?!? whattttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...so gayness....so heres chris going into more debt than he already is...hooraaaaaayyy liiiifE!!!!!!!!!

NDMstang65
09-15-2007, 06:05 PM
So buy a used set...

I've got the ones from my swap some where at home i'm sure...however i'm not gonna go home for probably 3 weeks if not longer.

T-spoon
09-15-2007, 07:08 PM
You ever tried to make shift cables with chopsticks in the light of a single candle? It's not that easy. If you could do it yourself, you wouldn't have to buy them. :hehe:

91 celica st
09-15-2007, 09:12 PM
you need the shifter cables for an st?

in all probability i can goto my local junkyard and pick them up for you. youl just have to pay shipping in $10 in gas for me to drive out there cuz its like and hour and a half there and back

PhillyDRFT
09-15-2007, 09:30 PM
You ever tried to make shift cables with chopsticks in the light of a single candle? It's not that easy. If you could do it yourself, you wouldn't have to buy them. :hehe:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As not to be a post whore. You spend the 200$ not just for the part but to compensate them being in a temperature controlled warehouse for the past 17 years. Grab a used set somewhere or call a junk yard. Theres always tons of GT's around here.

Amaymi
09-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Would 4th gen and 5th gen cables be interchangeable?

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
09-16-2007, 01:12 AM
but wouldnt spending the money getting new set of cables rather then going to a junkyard and getting same aged ones?...maybe not at the same time tho...who knows...ill try it tomorrow or monday i guess...

TheNefariousOne
09-16-2007, 01:39 AM
Shift cables aren't a very common part to wear though. Mine have ~170k on them and they look 100% fine.