PDA

View Full Version : Sitting for two years

Dlux4life
09-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Hey guys-

You might remember me as having the celica of doom (AKA the celica from hell). Car has been sitting for about a year and half while comming up wiht the funds to have some of the issues finished with it. Im looking to turn the engine over for the first time in a while. Besidese changing the oil and swaping out the old gas with some new gas, is there anything else I should do? Also, how involved/ long of a process is emptying the gas tank?

Murgatroy
09-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Remove the plugs and turn the engine over to prime the oil pump.

I hope you can get it up and going. I remember how much hassle you have had already with this car.

Good Luck.

Sean
09-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Wow man, been a long time! Welcome back!

Dlux4life
09-14-2007, 09:43 PM
If you waited for 2 years to have your car finished, then the day you got it done, got into an accident, you would need a break too. HA..i just hate to see the car sitting as it is and finally am comming accross the funds to get it put together. Here is the list of what needs to be done as of now:

1.) Headlights dont work. Neither light up. one motor seems to be frozen.
2.) FMIC pipes need to be bent.
3.) New hood / hood pins are needed. looking into a stock style CF hood.
4.) Small dent in driver side front fender needs to be fixed. Both fenders painted.
5.) CF bumber needs to be put on and painted.
6.) Passanger side door latch is broken.
7.) Koni shocks need to be put on with new strut mounts / swaybar endlinks.
8.) Exhaust needs to be built from DP back.
9). Alignment, Camber adjustment ect.
10.) Oil pan needs to be resealed/ leak test done on motor.
11.) E-break cable has snapped and needs to be replaced.

That pretty much sums what needs to be done. Not all on the list needs to be done before I can get the car on the road, but it would be nice. I am hoping that I can get this all done for about 2k, but feel as if that wont be the case. Is there anyone in the NH / MA area with any suggestions for a reliable, honest mechanic / exhaust shop?

extremeskillz
09-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Crap i would recommend someone to you but your far away.