PDA

View Full Version : replacing fuel inectors?

zmile06
09-09-2007, 08:39 PM
How hard is it to replace the fuel injectors on a 1993 toyota celica ST 4afe engine. My car hesitates until 4200 rpm then just goes insane with power.

Some times i can press fully down on the gas and it wont accelerate at all!

I'm going to replace the fuel filter next weekend and see if that helps out maybe? Any ideas?

juggernaut
09-10-2007, 03:55 AM
most likely the fuel filter. have fun with it. theyre a pain in the ass

celicatrd93
09-10-2007, 04:22 AM
really????? i think they are easy as hell, specially on a 4afe, real simple, there are two long bolts on top of the fuel rail conecting to the head. just un-bolt thoughs and go from there, and do not forget the o-ring seal around the injector, don't forget it, or you will be leaking gas everywhere, and not the type you get after eating taco bell......

juggernaut
09-11-2007, 03:08 AM
well i wasnt talking about the injectors, i wa talkin about the fuel filter. mounted on the firewall. atleast it was on mine.. i replaced it while i put a clutch in it. with the tranee out its much easier lol

angryyoungnpoor
09-11-2007, 03:34 AM
fuel filter was easy to replace, once I had the engine out.

There's a lot oof other things you need to consider before replacing the injectors. There's timing.. plugs plug wires etc.

andy
09-11-2007, 06:31 AM
pull the plugs man. post pics of them up.

Shadowlife25
09-11-2007, 07:14 AM
^^ Agreed, your plugs will tell you alot about what's happening in there. Also, check the coil and ignitor, check your cap and rotor as well as your wires. Make sure your grounds are good, then replace the fuel filter. It's a PITA, but you may as well since it won't hurt you much to have the car down for a day while you do it ;) (this is why my days off are never really a break from working, lol )

Post back and let us know!

-Mario

zmile06
09-12-2007, 03:40 AM
The fuel filter looked easy in the Haynes book. Its getting replaced because it needs to, and might be the problem. I'm going to pull the spark plugs and post the pics up this weekend. I checked the connection on the wires they were slightly loose, but still had to problem.

The weird thing is it goes on for like an entire day some times two, then goes away for a couple weeks some times months!

the spark plugs will get replaced and so will the wires with NGK's, i put bosche on there last time i did a tune up, and those things foul out, and just run like crap.

Thanks for the help guys, sorry i didnt reply sooner ive been working crazy hours. I will update this weekend and let you guys know! Pics coming soon!

Rix86
09-13-2007, 09:34 PM
does it kinda pop and backfire?