PDA

View Full Version : Traded in MRS

T-spoon
09-09-2007, 02:38 AM
So try to guess what we traded in the MR2 for today.. I'd be suprised if someone gets it right off.

Oh, and as to why? Well this will be kind of a clue to the above question, but eh. In preparation for some changes in location and career, cutting back costs. Needed lower insurance and monthly payments and less maintenance for the wife's daily driver. Also, we found out that before I bought the car it was in an accident that required a unibody rack to pull it back out on the driver side. Yuck.

celicatrd93
09-09-2007, 02:45 AM
nooooooo..... well the way you put it sounds nice. another toyota? i hope

Sean
09-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Well, let me be that person.

A tundra?

I dont know, what brand is it at least :)

T-spoon
09-09-2007, 02:48 AM
Well, let me be that person.

A tundra?

I dont know, what brand is it at least :)

Heh, well, it's a Toyota, but no Tundra. If I were getting a truck, that'd be it though.

car
09-09-2007, 03:30 AM
YARIS!!
I hope not...

celicaGT90_05
09-09-2007, 03:38 AM
a Prius! No those cars are ugly...but pretty cool, anyone ever drive one besides me? Maybe a 5th gen celi? :D

T-spoon
09-09-2007, 03:56 AM
YARIS!!
I hope not...

Bahahahah. You win a cookie. But yes, it fit everything we needed. At least it's a 5spd :P

vip09
09-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Can't beat it for a new, reliable, cheap daily driver.

wizzards581
09-09-2007, 09:36 AM
my bro has a Yaris-S with all options...

u didnt get the xD?

PhillyDRFT
09-09-2007, 11:11 AM
If I were in the market for a newer reliable car. The Yaris would be high on the list. It would be a toss up between that or paying the extra 3k for a TC.

The yaris is nice none the less. The interior reminds me of a saturn/VW though. The center mount Gauges are the only thing I don't like. I love that the gas gauge reminds me of the battery icon on my cell phone though.

85gtsblackman
09-09-2007, 11:46 AM
< at a loss of words but im getting about the same gasmilage on all my rides

truck 26mpg......in old man mode, aka 1 barrel , 2 bbll is diffent story

celica 30mpg...some tanks....some tanks it seems like 20..... i need an o2

turbo subaru 23 city and 28-30 highway....yes thats right :wiggle:

1990CelicaGT-S
09-09-2007, 01:28 PM
The Yaris is a nice little car. I'd get one for daily driving.

85gtsblackman
09-09-2007, 09:02 PM
is that the one that looks like a little camry

celicaGT90_05
09-09-2007, 09:53 PM
the yaris isn't all the sporty or anything, but its a good every day car. I kinda like the fit from honda, dont know if I'd ever go get one though lol

T-spoon
09-09-2007, 11:56 PM
< at a loss of words but im getting about the same gasmilage on all my rides

truck 26mpg......in old man mode, aka 1 barrel , 2 bbll is diffent story

celica 30mpg...some tanks....some tanks it seems like 20..... i need an o2

turbo subaru 23 city and 28-30 highway....yes thats right :wiggle:

The MRS got 30mpg in the city, without granny driving, but that wasn't the point. In any event the Yaris will still get better gas mileage, if that was a factor. The difference will likely be higher in highway driving. The MRS has short gears comparitively.

Cutting insurance in half and dropping the monthly payment, as well as not worrying about buying a new top, new high performance tires etc. were big motivaters. The Yaris isn't FAST, but it's not horrifyingly slow either (and lets face it, when she really wants to go fast, I'll let her take a spin in the supra). I can't say enough about the rear knee and head room on this hatchback. It lacks a tach, which is poo, but the gears are tall enough she hasn't found redline yet anyway. It was much cheaper than the alternatives. The new wave of Scions have gone up a few thousand. The old xA would have been competative in price, but the new crap isn't. Due to the body damage that we apparantly bought the MRS with, we had to roll over negative equity (our payoff was right around blue book trade-in which we didn't get because they'll have to sell it to auction), so a more expensive car may not have even lowered our payments and had less optimal financing. We basically bought it at dealer cost + (negative equity - down payment).

burnyd
09-10-2007, 12:12 AM
So try to guess what we traded in the MR2 for today.. I'd be suprised if someone gets it right off.

Oh, and as to why? Well this will be kind of a clue to the above question, but eh. In preparation for some changes in location and career, cutting back costs. Needed lower insurance and monthly payments and less maintenance for the wife's daily driver. Also, we found out that before I bought the car it was in an accident that required a unibody rack to pull it back out on the driver side. Yuck.

A new tundra.

TheNefariousOne
09-10-2007, 12:54 AM
A new tundra.

Reading > you.

The MRS got 30mpg in the city, without granny driving, but that wasn't the point. In any event the Yaris will still get better gas mileage, if that was a factor. The difference will likely be higher in highway driving. The MRS has short gears comparitively.

Cutting insurance in half and dropping the monthly payment, as well as not worrying about buying a new top, new high performance tires etc. were big motivaters. The Yaris isn't FAST, but it's not horrifyingly slow either (and lets face it, when she really wants to go fast, I'll let her take a spin in the supra). I can't say enough about the rear knee and head room on this hatchback. It lacks a tach, which is poo, but the gears are tall enough she hasn't found redline yet anyway. It was much cheaper than the alternatives. The new wave of Scions have gone up a few thousand. The old xA would have been competative in price, but the new crap isn't. Due to the body damage that we apparantly bought the MRS with, we had to roll over negative equity (our payoff was right around blue book trade-in which we didn't get because they'll have to sell it to auction), so a more expensive car may not have even lowered our payments and had less optimal financing. We basically bought it at dealer cost + (negative equity - down payment).

car
09-10-2007, 03:20 AM
I want my cookie, My dad was looking for yaris'. He ended up keeping his car. I just don't like the center mount speedo, not so sure whats so good about it...

celicatrd93
09-10-2007, 04:17 AM
so you are not going to miss that sweet 2 seater drop top anymore? i heard your yaris is getting riced out, body kit, rimz,stickers, a nice fart can, lets not forget the big metal wing, its a must......j/k enjoy your new car