PDA

View Full Version : Celica finished

5S-FE
09-05-2007, 05:14 PM
I was heading north into the intersection at about under the speed limit, once i entered the intersection the light turned yellow but I didn't have time to stop because I was in already and a SUV in the front lane took a left right infront of me, he didn't even see me I tried avoiding it but couldn't, basically the car will be written off. It's clearly not my fault right? I have witnesses who saw the whole thing.

Azzazzyn
09-05-2007, 05:21 PM
number one, it was a yellow for you, and even with a red there is still a delay before they get a green. I dunno who's fault it is here.

corvelx
09-05-2007, 05:23 PM
I was heading north into the intersection at about 50-55km/h under the speed limit, once i entered the intersection the light turned yellow but I didn't have time to stop because I was in already and a SUV in the front lane took a left right infront of me, he didn't even see me I tried avoiding it but couldn't, basically the car will be written off. It's clearly not my fault right? I have witnesses who saw the whole thing.

The SUV in front of you...? So do you mean in the opposing lane the SUV was making a left turn, crossing your projected path?

geebes
09-05-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't think it should be your fault. And I think you are fine on the yellow light since you were in the intersection already.

5S-FE
09-05-2007, 05:25 PM
opposing lane sorry yeah she was going to take a left and go east of where i was heading. yeah you got it corvelx

i was already in the intersection when it turned yellow i just saw it and next thing i new she was taking her turn bleep fast

the witnesses said it was her fault, im pretty sure she didnt even look in my direction

corvelx
09-05-2007, 05:32 PM
opposing lane sorry yeah she was going to take a left and go east of where i was heading. yeah you got it corvelx

i was already in the intersection when it turned yellow i just saw it and next thing i new she was taking her turn bleep fast

the witnesses said it was her fault, im pretty sure she didnt even look in my direction

Sounds like it was her fault... tough to say.. I have no idea what the cops will think if it was during a yellow light.

If it's obvious she turned right in front of you, leaving you very little reaction time, it will be her fault.

5S-FE
09-05-2007, 05:36 PM
yeah she did turn right infront of me, the cops seemed like it was in my favour aswell, i don't see what i did wrong I was in the intersection there was no way for me to safely stop since i had entered the intersection already when the light changed and she took her left without looking at all. i have a few witnesses who gave there statements to police

corvelx
09-05-2007, 05:38 PM
yeah she did turn right infront of me, the cops seemed like it was in my favour aswell, i don't see what i did wrong I was in the intersection there was no way for me to safely stop since i had entered the intersection already when the light changed and she took her left without looking at all. i have a few witnesses who gave there statements to police

Good, then you should be fine.

Hopefully you didn't get banged up a lot.

5S-FE
09-05-2007, 07:34 PM
back hurts thats all what do u guys think? is it her 100% fault or 50/50? I think its her 100%

Idiot Stick
09-05-2007, 08:00 PM
My opinion says hers, 50/50

T-spoon
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
It would be hers, she should be cited for failure to yield. If she turned left, she probably had a left turn yield on green. It wouldn't be a protected left turn arrow because yours couldn't be green/yellow if that were the case. So reguardless of anything else, if your light was not red, she failed to yield. Do you know if she was cited? There is no way in the world it would be a 50/50 fault unless you were doing like, 130mph with your lights off at night.

5S-FE
09-05-2007, 09:02 PM
it was the middle of the day, great weather, theres no way i had a red, i entered the intersection in a green and then it turned yellow this intersection was large in size compared to the average intersection. she was sitting behind the line to take a left turn not in the middle or anything

T-spoon
09-05-2007, 09:15 PM
it was the middle of the day, great weather, theres no way i had a red, i entered the intersection in a green and then it turned yellow this intersection was large in size compared to the average intersection. she was sitting behind the line to take a left turn not in the middle or anything

Well, if they didn't cite her then it'll be an insurance fight, which are lame and sucky. If they cited her, you're good.

5S-FE
09-05-2007, 09:28 PM
what do you mean cite? like sighted? the witnesses saw everything if thats what your asking and they clearly said she was at fault completely.

TEAMFaint
09-05-2007, 09:30 PM
She had a solid green that turned into a yellow as well then, she did not have an ADVANCED GREEN, meaning she STILL needs to yield to you.

100% her fault.

5S-FE
09-05-2007, 09:35 PM
ok lets see if im understanding all this

when your sitting for a left turn, you yield to oncoming traffic, you take your turn when it's safe, right? if you turn and cause an accident with an oncoming vehicle, it's because of your mistake in judgement, so it should be 100% fault for that person. one witness who tried to help the suv said I was speeding, when I was actually doing under the limit. does that mean anything? i don't want false accusations right

T-spoon
09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
ok lets see if im understanding all this

when your sitting for a left turn, you yield to oncoming traffic, you take your turn when it's safe, right? if you turn and cause an accident with an oncoming vehicle, it's because of your mistake in judgement, so it should be 100% fault for that person. one witness who tried to help the suv said I was speeding, when I was actually doing under the limit. does that mean anything? i don't want false accusations right

Speed is completely irrelevant within reason (as I said, if you were going like 100+ then she wouldn't have had a way to expect you to get there that quickly, but even then, still at least partly her fault for judging badly). Yes, the first part is correct, if you do not have a protected left, it is your responsibility to wait for an opening that you can get through without causing an accident. The ones going straight through the intersection (you) have the right of way, the turning must yield.

By cite I mean, write a citation, give her a ticket for failure to yield. If the cop didn't, then they didn't feel like dealing with it and are leaving it up to you and thereby insurance to fight it out. Witnesses are irrelevant unless you have to go to court, though the cop can use witness information to help them make a decision concerning what they are going to do. Did the cop write the lady a ticket or not?

5S-FE
09-06-2007, 02:54 AM
no he didnt write a ticket, the lady left in an ambulance because of "shock" no injures though