PDA

View Full Version : need input

zak062
09-04-2007, 05:04 PM
okay guys so i've been looking for a DD for a while now. I have a grand to put down which is probobly all i need. Now i found this 90 gt-s not to far from me. Its a dealer selling it. The cars exterior is white and has every power option there is including the sun roof and auto climate control. It comes with the 5sfe and sadly is auto but i dont care about that. Only thing it doesn't have is system 10. Only problems i could tell is a rust issue around the hatch seal but theres no water in the hatch. Looks like the guy sealed it with some stuff.... She started up fine, rpms went to 2k then drop down to 1k after 10 seconds. Shes got 150k on her. I dont think theres a warrenty on her either.

Now the dealer is asking 4k total for the car, 1k down 70$ a week so 280$ a month. Financing charges will equal about 300$ which isn't bad. This averages out to about 11 months of financing. Im thinking its not half bad of an idea but i would like to drag the financing out a little longer, maybe make 200$ payments a month which is a year and half with 450?$ in financing charges.

So what do you guys think? good deal? bad deal?

geebes
09-04-2007, 05:38 PM
I think you could do better on the price, but it isnt too bad.

burnyd
09-04-2007, 05:41 PM
280 dollars a month for a car thats 17 years old and has 150k on it eh? honestly its not a good deal you can find private owners locally selling way better deals. Might not be a nice 5th gen but better to go that route.