PDA

View Full Version : Owning a nice car comes with a nice price tag

VikingJZ
09-01-2007, 06:03 AM
So...my passenger side door will not open from either side.

I'm left saddened and in disbelief.

But hey it's okay because at least it isn't the driver side door.

Thoughts an suggestions?

MoralWarfare
09-01-2007, 06:18 AM
problem with the lock actuator. any way to get the door panel off without opening the door?

VikingJZ
09-01-2007, 06:28 AM
The lock still locks and unlocks...at least it moves the flipper on the door.

I haven't completely looked, but I MIGHT be able to get the panel off....but I'm betting not.

Mr Celica
09-01-2007, 03:50 PM
hold the handle open and kick it from the inside, hahaha. that sucks man.

PLapping12
09-01-2007, 04:27 PM
thats odd, id seriously try what mr celica said. Have you had any problems with it? Maybe the latch is just ceased up

PhillyDRFT
09-01-2007, 05:47 PM
which car is it?

You can try and make a slim jim to shimmy the door open. It could work if the arms poped off of their mounting points.

Worst case scenerieo. Take the fender off and you'll be able to get to the hinge bolts. If you unhinge the door, you can probly angle it to slip out of the lock. It is a shitty situation. Most likely you'll have to brake something in the process if the latch itself is malfunctioning.

Murgatroy
09-02-2007, 01:32 AM
I would have to lean towards the suggestion of holding the handle and kicking the door open. I have done this before. Then remove the panel and troubleshoot the problem.

Otherwise deal with it. Regardless of the make and model this is a bitch situation that needs to be dealt with.

car
09-03-2007, 02:22 AM
My Dad's Honda Passport has this problem with the rear passenger door, it used to open from the inside only, now we can't even open it from the inside, But if we open BOTH handles at the same time it usually works...Maybe you could try that?? Then fix it?

VikingJZ
09-03-2007, 02:49 PM
This is on my SC300.

Firstly, the door would not open from the outside. I then took the door off and saw that the linkage clip was broken. Then, after reinstalling said door, it wouldn't open from the inside.

DAVAGOGO
12-29-2007, 03:25 AM
My drivers side door handle stopped working today from the outside. I have to get this thing fixed before it spreads. I'll pay someone to fix it. I don't work on cars . Maybe I'll take it in tomorrow.

Murgatroy
12-29-2007, 04:07 AM
My drivers side door handle stopped working today from the outside. I have to get this thing fixed before it spreads. I'll pay someone to fix it. I don't work on cars . Maybe I'll take it in tomorrow.
It is a $2 clip that holds the rod into the handle, it is a 10 minute job to fix. It is a dealer only part.

TEAMFaint
12-29-2007, 06:19 AM
It is a $2 clip that holds the rod into the handle, it is a 10 minute job to fix. It is a dealer only part.

BINGO!
Except the 10 minute job turned into a 2 hour job for me, because I was trying to put the wrong side into the clip haha, took a while to figure that one out.

burnyd
12-29-2007, 06:26 AM
a nice car? You have a 15 year old new body style of a glorified cressida....

KoreanJoey
12-29-2007, 11:23 AM
a nice car? You have a 15 year old new body style of a glorified cressida....

And the cressida was a sedan NA supra which then turned into a 2 door NA supra, that isn't a supra... *wha.......

donteatbugs
12-29-2007, 04:48 PM
the gs300 was the glorified cresida. the sc300 was the luxery na supra.