PDA

View Full Version : gas\brake line sizes anyone?

Idiot Stick
08-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Im trying to find out what size lines I have to get for my 92 celica GT. I called Toyota and the guy was a useless tit. Was on the phone for 20 minutes with him while he tried to speak english, and he didnt understand that i needed teh sizes of the tubes, but no he gave me the Part Numbers for them THEN told me he couldnt get the sizes. waste of damn time.

So if anyone knows what size lines the gas and brake lines are thatd be great so I can get them all replaced tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks

1990CelicaGT-S
08-31-2007, 03:11 AM
I'll PM you the exact sizes of the brake lines, vent lines, and main gas lines tomorrow. They're at the top of my mind right now but I don't want to give you any wrong information.

1990CelicaGT-S
09-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Your main gas line is 3/8", the vent and return lines are 1/4" lines, and the brake lines are 3/8". Use copper line for your gas lines. It's a lot easier to bend and it will last longer than the car.

Idiot Stick
09-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Whats strange is I went out and measured the lines and the main fuel line was 5/16th, return was 1/4 and brakes were 3/16th...

Regardless im going to just bring it to a garage. When I posted this it was before i got a cheque from the gov't for a good sum of money (enough to cover this + bodywork+some audio equiptment), so I'm just going to have them do it next week so it gets done faster/right.