PDA

View Full Version : My Car is OUT of commission!

AllOutRed90
02-12-2005, 08:51 PM
My Car is OUT of commission!
Well, as almost none of you guys know I had a bit of an accident 3 months ago, right before winter started, someone loosened my lugnuts, wheel fell off i hit the ground at 60 MPH grinded down the road for 150 feet.....So i get hassled by the insurance company they try to not have to pay for as much as they can (thats normal for those fuckers) so they decide all i need a new fender and ball joint and plastic inner wheel well. they didnt bother to check the mechanical parts only the exterior....Thats all i got replaced but in reality, my transmission hit the ground, my axel end cracked, and my rack and pinion is shot. So all they did was cover for all of the cheaper stuff and said the more expensive stuff was just wear and tear, since im driving a 15 year old car, ya know. So lately ive been hearing some grinding, 2 days later, i decide to take off the wheel (front drivers side) thinking it was only the wheel bearing, or brake grinding. All the lugnuts are off, car in the air. A metal thing falls onto the ground as soon as i take off the wheel. I look at it closely, and its the end of my axel broken off. That could have caused a big accident. So now im fucked...i dunno what to do, kuz the insurance company will deny it, and i aint got the money for court costs....i dunno damnit...

InitialD93
02-12-2005, 11:33 PM
get a new axel

85gtsblackman
02-13-2005, 01:03 AM
autozone

between 60-70 w/core

AllOutRed90
02-13-2005, 01:37 AM
http://www.everythingcelica.com/gal3/albums/stuff/FU15.jpg

Mike431635
02-13-2005, 03:45 AM
Do you know who originally loosened your lugs? That is attempted murder where I live.

Anyhow, you can get the rack & pinion from a junkyard (but expect to pay well for it). And get a new axle from Autozone or something.

AllOutRed90
02-13-2005, 04:08 AM
i already got the rack and pinion got me $45 had to drive 200 miles tho....looks to be in good shape, ill get the new axle but it might be a little while, and yes i think i know who did it but there was no proving it so i couldnt do anything, nothing to worry about now, i got a lock key for my lugs....

GT4SOM
02-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear your missfortune man. I dont think autozone will take a broken axle as a core. So who do you suspect that loosened your lug nuts? Kick their ass!

jburner21
02-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Agreed... I'm sorry, but even if u couldn't prove it urself, you could at least tell the cops who did it and y/how u know it was them...

and if all else failed, if I were u I'd be stompin them senseless in the middle of the street and making sure that their hospital bill equaled or exceeded the bill to fix my ride...

ocb_dave_ocb
02-28-2005, 10:32 PM
if autozone says they wont take it as a core....Weld it, then grind the welds down slap some grease on it..Autozone wont even think about it....

wrongboy
03-05-2005, 12:50 AM
if autozone says they wont take it as a core....Weld it, then grind the welds down slap some grease on it..Autozone wont even think about it....

:slap:

And then someone can get a remanufactured axle with sub-par strength? I would like to assume that they'd check that kind of thing, but stranger things have happened......

-wrongboy