PDA

View Full Version : conversion kits

Rickygts
08-28-2007, 06:21 PM
dose any one know were i can find some nice conversion tail lights for a fifth gen I have been looking every were and all i can any aftermarket ones. All i can find is the stock OEM lights. dose any one know of any sites

Denver_whiteST185
08-28-2007, 06:51 PM
nobody makes aftermarket tail lights

if you want, you can tint your own. alot of 90-91 owners will switch to 92-93 tails with JDM vented corners...

geebes
08-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Thats about all you can do dude. You can get the jdm vented tail lights. and you could swap out 92-93 ones.

Murgatroy
08-29-2007, 02:30 AM
As mentioned. There are no aftermarket lights for the 5th Gen Celica. There are other factory styles that some folks go with, and there is tinting and masking.

Myself I went with tinted lights. It was cheap, easy and a nice upgrade.

VikingJZ
08-29-2007, 04:03 AM
Tinted tails look excellent on a red car....really any car.

The best bet is to mask off the reverse light and leave that clear.

There may be a few pictures of mine cruising around here.

Shadowlife25
08-29-2007, 04:29 AM
I tinted mine. They look great. Very stealthy ;)

The name of the tint is called Nightshades by VHT. Google it and you'll find a vendor easily. One can was enough to do 3 coats on all my exterior lights minus headlights. Still very visible, no hassles from law enforcement, not ricey.

VikingJZ
08-29-2007, 04:31 AM
You could do it even cheaper if you wanted, as Nightshades can get pricey depending on the store.

I used Dollar General flat black paint and a good clear coat.

I never had a problem from the police or friends/family claiming they couldn't see it. Most people that I know whom are reasonably car-savvy thought they were JDM or OEM until I told them otherwise. :)