PDA

View Full Version : Got a dent in the body..how do I take out back panels/seats?

carroll6
08-28-2007, 04:49 AM
My 86 Celica someone left me a little present.. a big dent about 24-30" oval sort of dent in the side behind the driver side door.. I want to try to push it out.. it is the shallow crater type with a couple shallow creases. Locals want $300 to fix it.. many people I talk to say I could just push it out.. dunno where to start in taking the trim panels out on the side and/or the back seat. Hope to get some help or a FAQ on it.. thank you!

Shadowlife25
08-28-2007, 05:21 AM
Seat bottom comes out first, should be a couple latches on the underside of the seat towards the outside where the seat bottom meets the carpet. If the seats in the rear fold down, the you undo the 10mm bolts on the outsides of the brackets and the seat-back. If they don't fold down, then there are probably 2 on the bottom side of the seat-back, and a couple clips on the back.

With a dent that big, I would just use a suction-cup type dent puller.

Joni(FIN)
08-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Take trim panels away from trunk too, I think it would be easier.
You have to take almost whole driver side interial off from back to get that trim panel off which is next to backseat.
Sorry my english isnīt very good. :(

andy
09-14-2007, 02:20 AM
heat it up with a heat gun, then shoot it with some canned air turned upside down. it make take it out.

Shadowlife25
09-15-2007, 10:18 PM
I tried that. Never worked for me.... :shrug: