PDA

View Full Version : How Could YOU?!?!

Ricksta
08-25-2007, 03:47 AM
i dunno i just see these people driving decent cars and they discust me. seen a gt drive by the other day with a horrid lookin vader kit. if your gonna have that kit it needs to be done right from the get go. i mean wtf is the point of putting the body kit on when you dont even have the money to paint it?!!?!? and the other day i saw a talon with a hugggggggeeeeeeeee terminator spoiler mounted ontop of the stock spoiler. fucking retards i tell ya do they not know what "shit" looks like?

i sold my terminator wing to some kid local. had a nice gts. if i didnt need the money as bad as i did i would have refused to sell the wing to him after i found out what he was gonna do with it. its a gts people its beautiful w/o any mods, i guess hes ricing out the gts with that wing. i think he said he was gonna put it right on top of the stock wing too lol. i wanted to slap him.

Mr Celica
08-25-2007, 04:21 AM
fucking ricers.

it will never end

celicaGT90_05
08-25-2007, 04:29 AM
well honestly, I dont mind that they dont paint them at times, its when they let them go forever like that. I mean, some times if you are getting the whole car repainted, why not just throw it on? Theres a kid with a focus, my neighbor who has a kit on, but he bought the car without the bumpers from a scrap yard so thats understandable that he didnt paint it, but it also hasnt' been painted for months...

Ricksta
08-25-2007, 04:40 AM
if you paint yourself it'll only cost you like 300 bucks tops to do your own car. if you can afford the kit you can afford the paint damnit.

celicaGT90_05
08-25-2007, 04:44 AM
unless you work minimum wage, but then you dont have to put it on til you're ready to paint unless in my neighbors circumstance

Mr Celica
08-25-2007, 04:55 AM
i think what hes saying is to not put the kit on unless you're going to be painting it right away. i agree. just have patience do it all at once and do it right.

celicaGT90_05
08-25-2007, 05:00 AM
yeh but people get excited to see how it'll look, oh well it's their car...I wouldnt do it except when I get a new bumper and hood for the celica its going right on cuz it looks pretty messed up right now lol it has a lot of work ahead of it anyway

Kiasis
08-25-2007, 05:17 AM
I'm getting the aeroform kit for my 88GTS. As much as I wanna see it on the car, it waits until the whole thing gets reshot. I Just don't get how anyone thinks an unpainted kit makes a painted car look better. I coulda sworn the point of the body kit was to create longer, flowing lines on the car for a more aerodynamic appearance. The choppy look of an unpainted kit does the exact opposite (IMO).

angryyoungnpoor
08-25-2007, 05:21 AM
My rc bumper isn't painted yet. :( That's because I have a bunch of other stuff to do to the car. I still haven't put the car on the road, and right now, painting a bumper is the least of my concerns.

Yes, ricing out a car is completely rediculous and serves no purpose, but to get you attention from cops.

PhillyDRFT
08-25-2007, 06:00 AM
if you paint yourself it'll only cost you like 300 bucks tops to do your own car. if you can afford the kit you can afford the paint damnit.

Thats If you have all the right tools.

celicaGT90_05
08-25-2007, 06:24 AM
or a good friend

Cavanagh
08-25-2007, 06:01 PM
I thought the F&F Ricer epidemic was over, but fart cans are still all over springfield, those i think will NEVER end. IMO

turbo4ag
08-25-2007, 06:58 PM
I actually enjoy riced out cars. It just makes my cars look better and be worth more money when I sell it.

There is one guy that goes to my college that has racing stripes over a green sparkly paint job, spinning chrome hubcaps, the riciest wing and muffler ever, the ugliese interior job I've ever seen, and I even think he has a banner on the windshield. I think he did it like that on purpose though. I dont think he likes it, he did it to be funny though. I will post pics on monday.

celicaGT90_05
08-25-2007, 07:04 PM
at least the paint is sparkley. I wunna make the biggest rice mobile ever and actually have a good fast motor in it. Would be funny as hell

Hookecho
08-25-2007, 07:55 PM
yeah, i definately need paint and rims on mine. the bad thing is that i tend to want to spend my money on the motor and suspension whenever funds become available. just like i could have painted it a couple months ago but decided to by a nitrous kit and a couple accessories.

i did at least mould in the body kit and prime the car. so it's all one color.

90CelicaST
08-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Ricky, you sold the wing to him. What do you think he was gonna do with it? Sell it to some other kid? Mount it on his wall? Of course he is going to throw it on his GTS, isn't that the point in buying a piece made for your car?

celicaGT90_05
08-25-2007, 09:13 PM
i did at least mould in the body kit and prime the car. so it's all one color.

The problem with that is is that primer is ridged and holds water, which leads to rust. You'll wunna get it painted fairly soon so you can help prevent that

zmile06
08-26-2007, 12:30 AM
i saw an eclipse with a MASSIVE front bumper kit on it. The funny part was he was missing 1/3 of the front bumper LMAO!!! It was unpainted. I was laughing my ass off.

celicaGT90_05
08-26-2007, 12:33 AM
my biggest peeve is when they only put the front bumper of a kit on...it always looks so stupid, especially since most kits lay lower than stock

Hookecho
08-26-2007, 03:19 AM
The problem with that is is that primer is ridged and holds water, which leads to rust. You'll wunna get it painted fairly soon so you can help prevent that

there's paint under the primer.

turbo4ag
08-26-2007, 04:41 PM
my biggest peeve is when they only put the front bumper of a kit on...it always looks so stupid, especially since most kits lay lower than stock

I think this is the worst looking thing ever. Especially if they paint it.
Like you didn't realize the rest of the car is fucking mismatched? Idiots. But like I said, it makes my car look better.

The only thing I really get disgusted is buying a car because its so much cheaper than the rest because of all the stuff on it, then having to de-rice it. Im considering this Accord in the Autotrader its a 97 with only 68,000 miles for $3000 as a switchup for my older daily driver Civic. But it has rice headlights, taillights, tints, and atleast a 3" drop all around.

celicaGT90_05
08-26-2007, 05:13 PM
accords are pretty nice, you can find replacement stuff at a junk yard real cheap but the springs might be a bit pricey, but it'd be a hastle to return it to stock height. I'll bet it rides bouncey as hell with 3 inches of drop though, accords are already pretty low to the ground

turbo4ag
08-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Im guessing it has coilovers since in the picture the tire is under the wheel wells and the it has 17" wheels, so I'd guess it has to raised at some point. Here a pic of the one Im considering:

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2007/8/24/228/922/2736853327.228922342.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.563x421.jp g

Actually its only 2850 and comes with a V6 and leather. I just might get it.

celicaGT90_05
08-26-2007, 09:20 PM
that cant be a 3 inch drop, must be a 1.5. It's not bad lookin, I like the color, but those wheels dont look that good on it

turbo4ag
08-27-2007, 12:46 AM
The rear is around 3" since the lip of the wheel is pretty much level with the fender.
The front is probably around 1.75".

Either way the struts will bottom out unless he has shortstroke full coilovers, which I highly doubt due to the cheap looking wheels.

celicaGT90_05
08-27-2007, 01:07 AM
haha well it looks like its in pretty good condition, so I say go for it, they make pretty good cars. I'd deffinately take it if it is a 5-speed

extremeskillz
08-27-2007, 01:22 PM

Or if you can't paint, don't put it on ahahahah. F'in ricers.

To me it seems they spend there money without realizing what they are doing. They go to the local autozone and pickup a new set of neons all souped up. Makes me laugh and then they see my car and they like "how come its so clean". ahahahah

Blackcloud
08-27-2007, 01:36 PM
says the kid that bought a car with a horrid looking body kit :hehe: