PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Dragon at your own risk...

Toyota_Todd
08-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Bad news for those that like to cruise the Tail Of The Dragon.....

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/24/tennessee-cracking-down-on-tail-of-the-dragon/

I think that Jay, Murg, Luni, & Borinal will be the first to shed tears of this news. :(

Luni
08-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah I saw that.

Theyre turning into nazis bad.

zmile06
08-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Nothing like the governor giving permission to "super troopers" to be worse. They are suppose to protect and serve the public right? Not harass and annoy... Its pretty stupid when the public cant even defend them selfs from bogus harassments by crappy cops.

PhillyDRFT
08-25-2007, 02:11 AM
Build an overpass. Make the dragon into a privately owned business, Charge 10$ admission. The overpass will pay for itself.

Just a thought!

A shame, I was really looking forward to getting down there eventually.

Hookecho
08-25-2007, 02:17 AM
asshole cop's!

Luni
08-25-2007, 02:21 AM
Carry doughnuts :p

Murgatroy
08-25-2007, 02:48 AM
Old news.

It is not that bad. It will end in October. There have been several fatalities in the recent months. That is the reason why. There is at least one wreck a weekend up there from someone getting in over their head.

The road is still fun at the speed limits. Once the tourist season is over, it will be ready for the locals again.

I honestly don't go up there in the Summer months unless there is a meet. It is no fun. Too much traffic, too many idiots.

I don't mind them cracking down on the idiots, but some of the tickets are bordering on harassment. That is bogus, but the more publicity it gets, the fewer the tourists.

Ricksta
08-25-2007, 03:49 AM
so what are you tryin to say toyota todd you want me and murg to kill these officers?!?!

Shadowlife25
08-25-2007, 06:15 AM
That whole situation is completely lame. At least they'll hope fully be done with that trash soon... Harassing the locals is total crap too.

celicaGT90_05
08-25-2007, 06:32 AM
that's just a load of crap, you know there are some cool cops out there, why can't they all be like that? I'm glad I dont drive the road considering its damn near impossible to not at least touch the yellow line or have a cop ride my ass which isn't that illegal? Of course cops are above the law since they are the law....

Blackcloud
08-25-2007, 06:50 AM
gay

MCcelica
08-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Thats just like everything else in life. Anything that is fun must be eliminated.

MoralWarfare
08-25-2007, 02:20 PM
asshole police, that sucks! Sounded like a really fun road to cruise.

vms4evr
08-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Too many people getting killed. A politician steps in... no surprise what happens next. Once the politician gets his points for decreased fatalities the troopers will get moved off to other duties. Tourists are easy revenue. I have yet to run the Dragon. A lot of friends have. Mostly "club weekend cruise events".

Shadowlife25
08-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Too many people getting killed. A politician steps in... no surprise what happens next. Once the politician gets his points for decreased fatalities the troopers will get moved off to other duties. Tourists are easy revenue. I have yet to run the Dragon. A lot of friends have. Mostly "club weekend cruise events".

But he'll have major kudos for the upcoming election..... :brick:

It disappoints me. Why would the Police want to give this impression of hostility?
It leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Harassing locals or tourists, is harassment period. Intimidation and scare-tactics just show the people what their elected officials and hired authority figures think of them. Martial law anyone??? :thumbsdow

zmile06
08-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Its really hard for a citizen to get a cop in MAJOR trouble. You can fill out a police complaint forum. The complaint will probable stay on there record forever. The bad part is it gets looked at by someone that knows the officer, and they can do whatever they feel like with that piece of paper...

Cops can do whatever they want, without must consequence...