PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen engine and trans swap.

dragonsrage86
08-22-2007, 08:28 PM
i have an 86 celica gt hatchback with the shetbrick that is the 2-se. that car is wrecked but the engine and transmission are fine. i am buying an 1989 celica gt-s coupe with what i believe is the 3s-ge engine that is dead.

my question is this:

is it possible to put the 2-se engine and transmission into the gt-s? and if so what primary parts will need to be swapped?

4thgenceli
08-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah it's possible.

Why you'd wanna do that I don't know. But you should be able pull engine/tranny and drop in (along with wire harness/ecu)

Kiasis
08-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Do you hafta? Is $350 for a used 3sge out of the question? I know you're used to the 2-se, but like you said, it's a shetbrick. You'll love the pull of the 3sge, plus avoid having to swap over wiring harness, ecu, exhaust, tranny, etc. Try and talk down the current gts owner by another $350 or so and get a good used 3sge. You've got access to lots in Florida. I see almost as many in Florida as out here in CA. Please don't kill the spirit of the GTS if you can possibly avoid it.

dragonsrage86
08-22-2007, 11:33 PM
its just a quick fix. trust me if i could get the 3s-ge running i would. according to the seller his elderly father ran it without water and overheated it. i cant talk him down another 350 because he's selling it to me for only 300. my hatchback ill work on later and ill probably rip the 3sge apart and fix it while looking in cofers for the 3s-gte. then maybe ebay the 2-se as a replacement engine. money's tight as i just started my new job and theres a meet comin up sept 29th... after the meet ill save up and give the gt-s the attention and horsepower it deserves.