PDA

View Full Version : rusted floor.

zmile06
08-21-2007, 10:14 PM
So where my feet go on the drivers side(the flat part in front of the seat) is rusted... There is a baseball size hole straight thru! The rubberish thing that was covering it broke apart. I'm going to get someone to weld some new metal in, then blast it with a ton of undercoating. It was where the rubber plug was from when they imported the celica.

My question is where can i find a replacement protective matt. I think thats what its called... It was a hard rubber thing on the slant under the carpet. I want to put another one there, and then im going to put new carpet, and sound deadening.

Thanks!

vip09
08-21-2007, 10:17 PM
The protective mat that you speak of is sound deadening. If you are really worried about it, you can get some of that stick-on sound deadening that car audio guys use. (Dynamat, etc.)

celicatrd93
08-21-2007, 10:27 PM
i seen a buddy of mine use thick fiberglass on a small hole on the floor, it worked out great for years, damn how did that hole happen?

zmile06
08-21-2007, 10:46 PM
My heater core was leaking like crazy... I think thats how it happend.

92CelicaST
08-21-2007, 10:54 PM
my grandfather back in the day used street signs like stop signs and stuff like that because its rust proof.....

but stealing is bad..... if you get caught its really bad.....

zmile06
08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Haha street signs! The guy who did my exhaust said he would fix it for around 30 dollars if i pulled the carpet back. So now big deal, 30 bucks + some under coating and im good.

Anyone know a good site to get carpet and good sound deadening?

zmile06
08-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Ok i need help again... I heard sheet metal will just rust again. So what should i do? Fiberglass sheet metal, or what?