PDA

View Full Version : removal of doors

squall leonhart
08-16-2007, 06:20 PM
sorry, i'm sure there's a post about this somewhere, but i searched a few different times, and i always come up with posts about removing the interior trim panel, and system 10 stuff, etc.

so my question is just about actually taking off the door itself. i'm going to buy one at the junkyard for my st185. now i know the two main load bearing hinges have two bolts apiece holding them to the door. no problem. my question is about the brass hinge in the middle. it goes inside the door, and inside the frame i think on the other end. there is a pin in the hinge section.

i'm guessing that pin has to come out? is there a specific way for doing this or do you just hit it with a hammer, or what's the deal?

just wanted to know before i go to the junkyard instead of taking forever, and looking like a fool trying to get the door off.

thanks!!

PhillyDRFT
08-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Hammer it up from the bottom, You'll see the pin is mushroomed a bit at the top.

You can clamp it with some vice grips or Grab it with a pair of needle nose pliers and tap upwards on the pliers with the hammer, The pin will pop right out.

squall leonhart
08-16-2007, 07:33 PM
cool, that's what i had assumed from looking at it, but i just wanted to make sure.

PhillyDRFT
08-17-2007, 03:05 AM
Np, Gl putting the doors back on. If you have a buddy around to help you out it makes the job SO much easier. Hinging doors solo is a Pita. They even sell little armatures to hold the doors up wile you work.