PDA

View Full Version : Need advise from the people in PA

balagast
08-15-2007, 02:17 PM
The all trac just failed it inspection for not having EGR. I didn't think this shop would notice, but they did. The biggest bitch is that it passed the two tailpipe test (ironically passed by like a 50% margin for NOx), which shows how effective the EGR is.

Anyway, I need to find a shop in the greater philadelphia region (i'm about 45 mins north of the city), that will be a little more lenient.

Thanks

burnyd
08-15-2007, 03:09 PM
just graban egr valve from something... you can still have your mototr the way it is how the egr isnt there like on the side of the intake manifold but as long as somehting looks like its plugged into a sensor and has some vac lines plugged into it... all it is is a visual, as long as its there... they are by law not allowed to test that egr valve or go any further at all... as long as its there for a visual.

balagast
08-15-2007, 03:39 PM
JDM engine ... should I just zip tie it on there?

burnyd
08-15-2007, 04:50 PM
JDM engine ... should I just zip tie it on there?

lols, as long as it appears to be a egr valve then it will pass... All it is is a visual.

PhillyDRFT
08-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah like burnyD said. It's all visual.

My EGR is existant for visual inspection. But there is a Dime epoxied into the EGR pipe. And Various sized Vac caps and Self tapping screws blocking off the vac lines. Everything appears to be hooked up perfectly. I'm gonna go for inspection this week.

balagast
08-15-2007, 06:20 PM
its JDM, so I'm going to have to creatively put the EGR from my GT on there, because the head/intake manifold weren't designed to have the EGR. I was just wondering mostly if anyone know of a shop that is less tight-assed.

As well (correct me if I'm wrong), but if you are not in the state where your car needs to be inspected, then can you not get a ticket for it? Only reason I ask is I leave for school in upstate NY on the 20th, so I can most likely skate by till then, if I don't have to worry about it till December again.

TheNefariousOne
08-16-2007, 05:17 AM
That would make sense, but you never know. It might depend on agreements states make with each other or some money making scheme. I would call NY DOT and see what they have to say, just to be safe. It would suck to be up there with bad inspection if you could potentially get a ticket cause then you'll have to drive all the way back here to get it done.

burnyd
08-16-2007, 05:18 AM
its JDM, so I'm going to have to creatively put the EGR from my GT on there, because the head/intake manifold weren't designed to have the EGR. I was just wondering mostly if anyone know of a shop that is less tight-assed.

As well (correct me if I'm wrong), but if you are not in the state where your car needs to be inspected, then can you not get a ticket for it? Only reason I ask is I leave for school in upstate NY on the 20th, so I can most likely skate by till then, if I don't have to worry about it till December again.

well Im pretty sure like that one screw is still there on the intake manifold to screw in an egr valve... Im nt 100% but I think its there?