PDA

View Full Version : Spark but no fuels.

angryyoungnpoor
08-14-2007, 06:24 AM
I finally got spark outta the damn thing today, but we seem to be getting no fuel. The spark plugs don't smell like it and they ain't wet.

The fuel pump is on. I can hear it. I can pinch the return line and feel fuel going through. How can you test the injectors? Is there a way to find some sort of pulse of the fuel injectors when cranking the engine(similar to a timing light)? what other things should I check? The car was running and it's not now. I had to wire the injector resister pack by splicing it together, as the two connectors didn't match. I'm thinking maybe I could have wired an injector to the common. Is that possible?

What other things should I be looking for? fuel pump works... don't know if the injectors are working.. I'm guessing no. resister pack was working before. Anything would help me out. Thanks.

pitcelica
08-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Look at all the +12V wire in your 2pin connector that goes at each injector. Chech that you have +12V on all these when the key is "on". After, check if you have +12V when youre cranking.

Let me know

Sam

Luni
08-15-2007, 05:28 PM
The 12v isnt necessarily a good test on injectors, cause they actually pulse through ground which could be an issue.

There is a special tester light I forget what its called, but it helps troubleshoot injectors.

For a quick try, bridge B+ and FP in your diagnosis box and try starting it. If it starts, your fuel pump relay is the culprit.

angryyoungnpoor
08-17-2007, 02:39 AM
Fuel pump is bridged with b+ and FP which is why I know it's pumping fuel. It's just not firing. I don't know why.

Amaymi
08-17-2007, 03:07 AM
The 12v isnt necessarily a good test on injectors, cause they actually pulse through ground which could be an issue.

There is a special tester light I forget what its called, but it helps troubleshoot injectors.

For a quick try, bridge B+ and FP in your diagnosis box and try starting it. If it starts, your fuel pump relay is the culprit.

i know at my shop we call them injector diodes. The one we have has been VERY useful when diagnosing fuel problems.

Shadowlife25
08-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Injector diodes, aka. Noid lights ;) Fairly easy to build your own setup. Cheap too. Or you can use an oscilliscope if you have access to one.

Amaymi
08-17-2007, 09:12 AM
ooooh! Noids! Thats what they're called. I swear I spent like 30 mins before I posted trying to remember what they're real name was lol!

Shadowlife25
08-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Glad I could help. hehe :D