PDA

View Full Version : WTF...omfg!

89gtcon
08-11-2007, 04:50 AM
Stupid.......ehhhh....ok anyways, my plastic back "glass" on my vert has been demolished......on that note, im not in the mood for spending 200 bucks on a new replacment peice of plastic, so i plan on "fabricating" one.....my first thought was to maybe dubble up a clear shower certin or somthing and sew it to the zipper...but i dont know if it will work...anyone have any ideas???!@?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

PhillyDRFT
08-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Honestly yes a shower curtain would work.

ORRRRR.

If you goto a Wal-Mart or any fabric supply store. You can buy thick clear plastic by the square yard. Get a very heavy duty quilting needle. (There thick and U shaped.) And use the highest quality thread you can find. Fishing line works great since it's weight tested, But it will stand out and look really tacky as glossy thread in your matte black top. You'll be there for a little wile sewing by hand. It works though. Shops charge an insane amount of money for vert top repairs.

burnyd
08-11-2007, 07:34 AM
you really dont have any junkyards out there? Try on car-part.com Im sure you can find one for cheeper

89gtcon
08-11-2007, 03:14 PM
junk yards out hear are few to none......And i dident know about walmart...tehee ill check it out thanks!