PDA

View Full Version : Transformer celica!

zmile06
08-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Hehe i know this is a members car, but it looks like a transformer to me. I mean it honestly look so far from a celica i am in amazement.

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/7/6/0/000_14122345.jpg

PhillyDRFT
08-11-2007, 01:15 AM
He's actually grown over the looks of the car and in the process of returning it to stock I believe. His name is Joeye.

There was already a thread about this and he took the verbals like a champ lol. This thread didn't need to be made if you knew it was a members car though.

zmile06
08-11-2007, 01:29 AM
I didnt know there was already a thread about his car:)

My car looks like a giant piece of rice and it has no body modifications lol.

I mean its a unique car, thats all i can say:)

I bought the celica in part because i liked the stock look it had. Thats all im saying.

I wouldn't return it to stock after all that money, even if i hated the way it looked:)

If you cant tease members who can you tease? :(

Doctor Jinxed
08-11-2007, 03:21 AM
If you cant tease members who can you tease? :(
Honda owners? lol

(j/k I know half of us own
civics and shit for the occasional time something explodes on a 5S-FE)

burnyd
08-11-2007, 04:55 AM
hahahaha

Joeye27
08-11-2007, 08:38 AM
:lolhittin lol that car ...ooh :ohsnap: thats mine!!! :nono: :sneak: haha jk

yeah i know what your saying zmile06 the Celis look really nice stock. when i see a 5th gen vert stock out in the city im like what have i done!!! :slap: :spank:
now when i go out every vehicle wants to race...vans,trucks newer cars, older car, domestics everything.
i heard almost every insult and compliment there is...

i made a post about wishing it was stock again just in case some one comes to the board and is looking to possibly change the body of the 5th gen they can read it and think about it.

Philly is right i have matured over the invader kit and the huge gtr spoiler i once had. i sold the spoiler and i just got rid of the invader back bumper...i never liked that bumper.
i put a stock one on and molded it and i also kept the flares. i took off the two end pieces to the stock spoiler, since i couldnt find a center piece any where!
but i must say it looks pretty nice now, in the back the end looks raised the car seems to have a more lower front now. i like it!
as for the rest evey thing is molded the hardest part to put on were the nsx air ducts since there right where the back window rolls down those will be the hardest to make it look back to stock, maybe sheet medal will do... but i just dont know for everything else...i love the stock look more but i still love my car :bigthumbu may have some more plans who knows or maybe not... :)

extremeskillz
08-11-2007, 03:14 PM
no offense to you but it is the ugliest kit every made. Glad your making it stock again.

vip09
08-11-2007, 05:58 PM
None of the lines flow on that car. Very tasteless body kit. Stock is definitely 100x better.

Mr Celica
08-11-2007, 06:04 PM
i think if the wheels were pushed out more towards the outside of the fender it would look better

Chris
08-11-2007, 06:34 PM
I'll be honest, I've never seen a body kit (except for the extensive ones, like that lambo for the mr2) that really do much to improve a car's look. Car companies spent millions trying to figure out what looks consumers like, and usually when they hit they usually hit pretty dead on. And then they fall through on performance. :(

vms4evr
08-11-2007, 07:10 PM
While I agree with you Chris on the manufacturer spending lots on design looks. The whole point of a body kit usually falls into 2 categories. The first is a unique look that has to do with personal taste. The second is aerodynamics. Unfortunately most of the so called aero kits have never been proven in a wind tunnel. They are typically a copy of something that works on another car.

That nose clip on Joey's car is a good example. It will improve air flow into the radiator for better cooling. But the extended lip on the top of it causes so much drag at speed that it works against the car. It's styled to move air into the brake ducts and around the car. That part is good. The bottom lip would be more effective without the bump in the middle. It's questionable as to whether that clip causes more turbulence, drag and disruption of flow. I'd bet money that in a wind tunnel the factory clip works better.

extremeskillz
08-11-2007, 07:34 PM
While I agree with you Chris on the manufacturer spending lots on design looks. The whole point of a body kit usually falls into 2 categories. The first is a unique look that has to do with personal taste. The second is aerodynamics. Unfortunately most of the so called aero kits have never been proven in a wind tunnel. They are typically a copy of something that works on another car.

That nose clip on Joey's car is a good example. It will improve air flow into the radiator for better cooling. But the extended lip on the top of it causes so much drag at speed that it works against the car. It's styled to move air into the brake ducts and around the car. That part is good. The bottom lip would be more effective without the bump in the middle. It's questionable as to whether that clip causes more turbulence, drag and disruption of flow. I'd bet money that in a wind tunnel the factory clip works better.

All you to say is that body kit is a parachute on his car :hehe: j/k

andy
08-11-2007, 07:57 PM
keep that one for backup, and buy another stock celica.

PhillyDRFT
08-11-2007, 08:32 PM
The funny part about functional Aero is that Veilside used to actually test all of their designs in a wind tunnel. And were Designed in partnership with a Designer and an Aerodynamic Engineer. They stopped doing this because people weren't putting these kits on actual race cars. They were mostly for show. So they decided to pull the plug and stick strictly to aesthetics. Good luck finding any of their performance parts anymore.

Secondly. C-West is a body kit manufacturer that revolves and prides itself on a functional aero kit. Designed specifically with the car in mind. Some of their kits have even taken into account common swaps. like the RB series engines into the S13 and S14 chassis. Ducting air in different places and adjusting down force between the front and rear bias. The problem is that they don't sell enough and I believe they aren't doing well financially for their US endeavors. A shame really.

zmile06
08-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey man don't take insults personal. People have different tastes thats all there is to it bro. Make your car look like YOU want it to, end of story.

I would personally hate everyone trying to race me, i would lose my mind. I'm normally a pretty calm laid back guy. But if some douche bag went nuts on me cuz im not "racing them" i would loose my cool pretty fast. I never really thought a body kit would attract that much attention.

Its kind of like my exhaust... Its loud as heck, and people think i did it for the sound... I actually got it for miles per gallon...

Do what you want and screw everyone else.

+1 for originality on your body kit though. If you like it what else matters:)