PDA

View Full Version : jdm vert ... w/ usdm lenses :)

Fuelish
08-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Dunno why, but this struck me as rather humorous. http://homepage.mac.com/toshit_club/celica/ This person, in Japan, am assuming ;) , has a 5th gen vert that they've gone to the length of installing the US spec amber turn signal and front/rear corner lenses. Go figure - I guess in the land where they're clear, our ugly amber lenses must be more desireable to some...LOL. Listed under the "Data" link on the site..... and the car has very out of place looking woodgrain trim in the interior - reminds me of the fake woodgrain trim in my '75 Celica from long ago.....looked weird then, too LOL. I dunno if it was an option for the Japanese market, or if the owner diy'ed it....either way, well- it ain't my taste....

Although, who knows, if we all lived in Japan, we might be clamoring for the usdm ambers as well...heh ! I still think the clears look better.

extremeskillz
08-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Yea clear is better. But whatever floats japan's boat i guess.

90CelicaST
08-08-2007, 03:27 PM
AHAH!! Death to the nay-sayers. The people of the rising sun think our non-hatches are "so cool!"
http://homepage.mac.com/toshit_club/celica/photo/us_celica.html

geebes
08-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Then again, look at the gay wheels they have on that...jeez.

But, I'm sure if clear corners were stock here, we would all go out and get ambers, so I'm not really suprized about that.

PhillyDRFT
08-08-2007, 04:52 PM
They buy USDM fronts for their integras too!

geebes
08-08-2007, 04:55 PM
:squint: BTW, did you see the dealer option celica trash box that he had??

Fuelish
08-08-2007, 05:56 PM
:squint: BTW, did you see the dealer option celica trash box that he had?? LOL...yeah - I'd have no use for that, as my car is always trashless ....now, if they made one for my wife's '05 Corolla.....ummmm, nah - it'd be full in a day ;) Nevermind...

Mr Celica
08-08-2007, 11:02 PM
lmao wow he is excited about the coupes! those wheels are FUGLY