PDA

View Full Version : modding headlight mech

Cecile-91'GTS
08-08-2007, 05:38 AM
how would i go about modding the headlight only to move up and down half way. is there a way to keep them from going fully to the top?

Shadowlife25
08-08-2007, 05:42 AM
I think if you do a search there is a write-up on how to do the "sleepy-eye" mod. Good luck!

Galcobar
08-08-2007, 06:32 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Slider
08-08-2007, 08:31 AM
how would i go about modding the headlight only to move up and down half way. is there a way to keep them from going fully to the top?

You can crawl under the bumper and adjust each manually using the knob, usually there's a rubber thing over each knob. You could buy a adjustable sleepy eye headlight controller so you can put them at whatever height you want. Or you could wire one up yourself by wiring up a momentary switch to the headlight motor fuse so you raise them up however high you want. All of this has been done before so if you search "sleepy eyes" a bunch of stuff should come up.

Fuelish
08-08-2007, 06:12 PM
how would i go about modding the headlight only to move up and down half way. is there a way to keep them from going fully to the top? At the risk, I suppose, of somewhat added wear/tear on your headlight motors and your light switch, they can be lowered (from the open position) to any level by the careful timing of the shutting off/back on of the light switch just as they start to go down. If timed correctly, two or three times of switching will lower them right nice....but it's all in the timing - I can lower mine all the way down, but not to the point the light shuts off - lights will be on, but fully retracted (fogs can be on with lights down :cool: ).
When using this method (I call it "using what Toyota gave ya" ;) ), lights will go down fully and turn off when switch is turned to full off.
As noted, it takes some practice to get the timing down, and you will use your switch/motors a lil more than standard, but .... so far, I've had no problems, and the price is right - free, other than investing several minutes to learn the split second you need to switch off.
Give it a try, it is easily enough learned :cool: