PDA

View Full Version : 87 GTS parts and body HELP!!

JBuff2112
08-06-2007, 02:35 AM
I have a 87 gts with a 3sge engine and im having trouble finding some things i want i guess because its a rare car or engine? for the engine i'd like go get a header and cant find anything for a 3sge only 3sFE. also i'd like a transmission cause i dont feel like doing a tear down on mine i just want to stick a new one in. Its a standard, and also if anyone knows od a different trany other then stock that will work that would be appriciated as well, maybe even a 6 speed? im also looking to do some body work and would love to get a body kit for it!! anyone know of any kits for my car? Any help anyone can offer would be SOO appriciated. Also posting some websites for me would be awsome to.

Futant3
08-06-2007, 03:31 AM
I can't remember any header options except I think the JDM cars had a header setup on them. For body kit there were once several options now they're are only 2 I can think of, Aeroform being the most popular. Another that starts with a K though I can't remember the name and I don't think it's available in the U.S. I know other people have done tranny swaps though I don't know the details, I think later model celica's are an option.

Vague advice I know! Look through the old threads they have more detailed answers to most of this.

Kiasis
08-06-2007, 03:58 PM
You won't find a header for our GTS's. Fortunately, the exhaust manifold is closer to a header on the 3SGE than your typical manifold. Aeroform (http://www.aeroformstore.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=celica&btnSearch=GO&Page=1) and Kaminari (http://spoilers4less.com/kabokitoce1.html) are the only body kits available to us in the USA. IMO the Kaminari is ugly and the Aeroform closest of all aftermarket kits to the Alltrac . Several other kits are still around in Europe and Australia, but I don't even know if they ship to the US, let alone what that shipping would cost.

Sorry, don't know of any 6-spd that will be a direct bolt up, but you can get a used stock tranny for a couple hundred tops from several places on the net. You've got several JDM importers in the NY-NJ area.

Also, might ask Mafix on 4gcelica.org if no one here can help w/ your 6-spde tranny question. He's a wealth of 4th Gen mod information.

Murgatroy
08-11-2007, 10:08 AM
There is no 6-speed that fits the FWD 3SGE.

tekstep01
06-14-2008, 09:35 AM
sucks dosent it, i got an 87' gts too, and the only headers i could find are at www.andysautosport.com they are a bit expensive.... clutch kit is a must to get all that hp to the street.....exaust is also a must... start there...
1.clutch
2.exaust
3.headers...... then if you got the cash custom fab. your own body kit.. you got the gts...thats an x-celent start...
buy a stock gts bump from a salvage yard and add-on to it with foam and fiber-glass... make a plan, draw it up, or photo-shop that shit.... we got a lot of limitiations due to the age of our cars.... the gts is bad fuckin ass too... dont let it get you down... if you need a little pep in that step for cheap.. take the muffler off completely... but be warned the cops and your neighbors are not gonna like it!!!!

tekstep01
06-14-2008, 09:41 AM
also fab yourself a cold air! thats worth your while... dont disconnect the mass air sensor.... just remove the box... fab a plate with a tube welded on to it... your local machine shop can hook you up if you dont got a welding device avalible.. i recomend a K&N made for a civic for a start.......... and if you dont got the tube use a civic one and cut it to size....weld it and bolt it... def. an increase in HP... 4 sure.....