PDA

View Full Version : corolla coilovers

import playa d
08-05-2007, 08:56 PM
my friend has a set of coilovers for a 96 corolla.do yall think they will fit my celica.92 gt.

**EDIT**
or can they be modified to fit my car.tha reason for this is because i already have a 2' drop on lowering springs.but its not tha results that i want.i want to be lower.and tha corolla coilovers can drop down to 4'.

Mr Celica
08-05-2007, 09:01 PM
dude thats so low...

import playa d
08-05-2007, 09:10 PM
i got tha 04 celica gt wheels.15's and a 2' drop aint really do shit.i still got a 2 finger gap all tha way around.

PhillyDRFT
08-06-2007, 12:31 AM
It would be a waste of your time and money to bother modifying the Corolla coilovers to your current suspension setup. It defeats the purpose of adjustable coilovers just for lowering the car. I'm sure you don't care about ride quality if a 2 finger gap (2 inches at most?) is too much for you. Your wheels will rub against the fender wells with dips/potholes in the road and you will scrape over speed bumps. Most tow trucks won't pick you up ither if you're under a certan ride height.

But not to be a troll. In solution to your problem take the springs that you have out, cut them down slowly, take only a few inches off at a time. (try to think about compression once theres weight back on.) Cutting your springs is the easiest and cheapest way to achieve your goal. I'm assuming you want a minuscule wheel gap around like 1/2" ?

celicatrd93
08-06-2007, 01:01 AM
4 inch drop would be alot, and it would be better to buy a new set instead of putting a used set that is risky as in it could not fit or it could be shitty resulting in to crappy ride.

angryyoungnpoor
08-06-2007, 01:27 AM
He's obviously doing it to get the chicks. Since you seem to show no remorse for your car, take philly's advice and cut the springs. You'll have to replace your shocks and front bumper before you need to replace the springs.

Mr Celica
08-06-2007, 02:10 AM
:slap:

import playa d
08-06-2007, 05:08 AM
It would be a waste of your time and money to bother modifying the Corolla coilovers to your current suspension setup. It defeats the purpose of adjustable coilovers just for lowering the car. I'm sure you don't care about ride quality if a 2 finger gap (2 inches at most?) is too much for you. Your wheels will rub against the fender wells with dips/potholes in the road and you will scrape over speed bumps. Most tow trucks won't pick you up ither if you're under a certan ride height.

But not to be a troll. In solution to your problem take the springs that you have out, cut them down slowly, take only a few inches off at a time. (try to think about compression once theres weight back on.) Cutting your springs is the easiest and cheapest way to achieve your goal. I'm assuming you want a minuscule wheel gap around like 1/2" ?
i dont want no gap nga.i wanna ride this hoe like uh hunduh.nah sayin.sittin low to tha earf.

Murgatroy
08-06-2007, 05:26 AM
i dont want no gap nga.i wanna ride this hoe like uh hunduh.nah sayin.sittin low to tha earf.
If you can translate that into English there is a better chance of you getting help.

Azzazzyn
08-06-2007, 05:27 AM
if thats what you want, get airbags

import playa d
08-06-2007, 06:59 AM
lol my bad.that was my friend being retarded.but yeah i really do want it to sit a little lower.tha handling has improved.but i want it to look good also.so can anyone answer tha question about it fitting and not giving me suggestions.

**EDIT**
my friends giving me tha coilovers.

burnyd
08-06-2007, 07:08 AM

:Ban1: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PhillyDRFT
08-06-2007, 05:51 PM
lol my bad.that was my friend being retarded.but yeah i really do want it to sit a little lower.tha handling has improved.but i want it to look good also.so can anyone answer tha question about it fitting and not giving me suggestions.

**EDIT**

I already did answer. No they won't just fit. You will most likely have to modify every part under there. It's a waste of your time and parts to fit a coilover to your car just to lower it. Thats not what there main purpose is. If everything you're getting is free then go for it. You can probly hack up your existing shocks and struts to possibly hold the coilover setup. No coilover kit is going to get you THAT low without locking the spring at it's lowest point. Making it one solid mass under there. Defeating the entire purpose of having a spring and gas shock setup.

Your question was answered already, and you were given suggestions as to a better route. Try making a post like yours on ANY other car forum. Then try telling people who don't have to try and give you a scrap of good advice that it's not wanted. You'll find a much different result.

If you didn't want to know how to do it the RIGHT way. Then I don't know why you bothered to ask people on a mechanical forum. I'm done with this thread.

Kthanxbai

Mr Celica
08-06-2007, 10:52 PM
^ x2

Cavanagh
08-07-2007, 01:18 AM
I wish i was an Import Playa. :(

PhillyDRFT
08-07-2007, 03:54 AM
I wish i was an Import Playa. :(

You should make that your sig Cav! lol

Or just ride low to tha earf.

import playa d
08-07-2007, 05:59 AM
preciate teh help guys.i got them on with no problem.looks good right now.ill post pics later.cars kinda dirtayy

PhillyDRFT
08-07-2007, 06:09 AM
preciate teh help guys.i got them on with no problem.looks good right now.ill post pics later.cars kinda dirtayy

Very cool then. Post up as many pics as you can. of Everything. Could be a good discovery.

andy
08-07-2007, 07:10 AM
riding low can cause road salt, making one salty. it happens. philly i want a real philly cheese steak. im commin to live with you.

PhillyDRFT
08-07-2007, 07:35 AM
riding low can cause road salt, making one salty. it happens. philly i want a real philly cheese steak. im commin to live with you.

Learn it and love it. Yes if you fuck up they will send you to the back of the line.
It gets LLLLOOONNNGGG on weekends.

http://www.slashfood.com/media/2006/02/cheesesteakoff_pats_howto.jpg

import playa d
08-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Very cool then. Post up as many pics as you can. of Everything. Could be a good discovery.
i should have pics posted by tha end of this week.ima be busy til then.

burnyd
08-07-2007, 07:46 AM
the rolla needs teh b donked out!!!!

andy
08-07-2007, 08:00 AM
"donks" werd

vms4evr
08-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Does this website have an Ebonics or Gangsta filter?

Just wondering if I missed it. That way me and Murg can figure out WTF you boys are talking about :ugh: :hehe:

Cavanagh
08-07-2007, 08:22 PM
C'mon now VMS! just ride low to tha earf and you'll understand.

Fuelish
08-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Learn it and love it. Yes if you fuck up they will send you to the back of the line.
It gets LLLLOOONNNGGG on weekends.

http://www.slashfood.com/media/2006/02/cheesesteakoff_pats_howto.jpg
Man, I haven't had a real cheesesteak in awhile.... last one worth mentioning was a year or two back, when my dad could still get out and about - we headed north to visit him and my old stomping grounds (Bristol) and HAD to stop at Cesares for my hometown cheesesteak :cool: Hey PhillyDRFT ... do you know if Cesares is still in business ??? (since I see Bristol co-listed w/Philly for yer location...) Man, I spent many evenings and many $$$ in there growing up (am an old phart, here - just about 50 - and remember Cesares since I was a kid :) ) Dad's living in a retirement community in Bensalem, now, so any trips north are spent there, as his health doesn't really allow him to go out and hop in the car for a trip, unfortunately.

Mr Celica
08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
from coilovers to cheesesteak in the same thread! gotta love c-tech!

PhillyDRFT
08-07-2007, 11:17 PM
The thread has more creditability in sliced beef and finely aged cheese whiz than in mechanical engineering.

YES! Cesares is still open. There right down the street from me. All of the bars in the area changed names though. Astros Is the only one that hasn't changed.

KoreanJoey
08-08-2007, 08:10 AM

**EDIT**

You're dumb...