PDA

View Full Version : new menber huh huh I said member huh hu

david in germany
12-03-2004, 07:08 PM
hey all just checking in! Oh no don't think I am a traitor! I don't think there is a need to give up one site for another!
Looking forward to future topics. Hey since this site is new does it make everyone newbs? ;)
Laters all, good to see you again!
David

Luni
12-03-2004, 07:10 PM
hehe nope yorue the only n00b around here f00!!

jk man glad to have you with us.

Schmleff
12-03-2004, 07:11 PM
hey all just checking in! Oh no don't think I am a traitor! I don't think there is a need to give up one site for another!
Looking forward to future topics. Hey since this site is new does it make everyone newbs? ;)
Laters all, good to see you again!
David

David,

You have the zeal that we all once did for c.net. You will learn its ways in time. I would rather see your zeal be put to good use over here.

You are not a traitor and you are welcome at CT.com.

Elektr0de
12-03-2004, 07:15 PM
welcome David... glad to have ya here :)

Blackcloud
12-03-2004, 07:24 PM
:im with Schmleff:

but welcome man

david in germany
12-03-2004, 08:02 PM
:im with Schmleff:

but welcome man

Thanks all But question for you PC, Hey does Schmleff know that you 2 are together?:eek:
don't worry I won't try to steal you away.... :D
I was just realizing what a small world this is...
Play remembers me from WAY BACK. anyone else ever spent time on toyota celica online?
David

wrongboy
12-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Hell's yeah David's here !!!! :cool:

p.s. what is up with my sig, did I screw somethign up again?

-wrongboy

Luni
12-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Hell's yeah David's here !!!! :cool:

p.s. what is up with my sig, did I screw somethign up again?

-wrongboy

I fixed it.

The tag opens with [B][font= blah blah

you opened it with [[B][font=blahblbh

just fixed the mistake, its k00

Conrad_Turbo
12-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the board David!

Luni
12-03-2004, 08:37 PM
Conrad read your PMs..

RA24_4_Me
12-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Thanks all But question for you PC, Hey does Schmleff know that you 2 are together?
don't worry I won't try to steal you away....
I was just realizing what a small world this is...
Play remembers me from WAY BACK. anyone else ever spent time on toyota celica online?
David

I remember toyota celicas online lol, its been awhile though, Last time on there was way back when my brother had his 3rd gen celica. Ahhhh memories, memories.

nuclearhappines
12-03-2004, 09:47 PM
yeah i was on there david

actually now that i think about it... didn't i ask you about scooter vinyl a few years back...

wow

HI DAVE , long time no speak.

At first it was celica.digiglosis ...etc (toyota celica online)...back then we didn't even have a Domain name it was just a board.

Then clayton invited me to celica.net .. personal invite... over aim ... he's like 'look waht i'm doing' ...

this coincidentally was almost exactly the time where my 5sfte ball was rolling so i was on c.net, tconline, toyotacelicaweb (don't know if this is still alive). mr2board before it came mr2oc ... supra forums...etc trying to gather as much info about 5sfte as possible.

This is also around the time where clay was seriously thinking about the 3sgte swap. I was seriously looking into the 5sfte work. I remember Qatar at the time had the 6th gen swap... luni was in his 7th gen still ... ken (gmage) still had the 7th gen and was thinking of selling it for the supra that he has now...

so just a bunch of people came togehter and we suggested a FI forum because every other thread in the gen forums was a turbo forum.

I think (IMHO) the FI forums is where c.net reached it's peak. I think creating that forum and collecting those people, all that knowledge and cramming it into a forum that i had never seen before ON ANY CELICA SITE before c.net was what made the leap for us from 'regular import' to serious performance and technical enthusiasts.

the 'NO WHORING' all tech policy of FI brought a new atmosphere to c.net... and we made alot of progress (think about it ... burien kits ... 5sftes .... 3s swaps.. we even had ripp mods posting in our own forum.

The other thing about c.net was the huge number of people there. something tco didn't do for me ... new people, new ideas, the explosion of blue batmobile vinyl. The final completion of the 5sfte, the completion of the 3s swap in the GT and in the ST. The turbocharging of the 7afe !!!!! (OOBE where are you?) ... The overbore TB bolt on project for the 5sfe. the 7th gen direct port nitrous kit (he owns a 350z now)...

all the body kits and the paint
all the rims

the 3sge swap and the 4age swap in the 6th gens

dude the v6 camry motor shoved in a 5th gen PASSING CA emissions inspection on the 1st try.

There is so much information associated with all of this and i'm sorry but tco didn';t deliver the way c.net did.

But i've always been one for change. and here we are today... new forums...hopefully new frontiers. and i think it's amazing our ability to retain members who do not own celicas any more

you';re welcome here david. There are no traitors. If there were, i'd be the first on the list... we all know t hat

-nuke

david in germany
12-03-2004, 09:52 PM
-nuke
now that there is a familiar name!
whoooo hoooo like a family reunion! but without the toofless cousins!
it is soo good to hear from you all!
David
wife is screaming.. gotta go warm her feet in bed! :rolleyes:
Laters

Luni
12-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Actually Id be first.

Id be a hippocrite cause I dont even own a celica but I own a celica forum.

Rayme
12-04-2004, 01:32 AM
welcome :)