PDA

View Full Version : Got to ride in an S2K

partyball
08-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Never been a big honda fan but after riding in my friends new S2000 i was very impressed. He just got it its and 01 with 34,000 miles its supercharged running 9 psi. It is insanely fast and handles like a dream. In my opinion it is worth every penny of the price. Ill post some pictures of his car and mine after mine gets painted. That is all.

T-spoon
08-03-2007, 03:14 PM
That better be decently fast @9psi, heh. Sounds fun

balagast
08-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I've driven one that wasn't boosted. Definitely a fun to drive car that revs till forever. I can imagine that thing being really quick if its running 9psi

The Captain
08-03-2007, 03:39 PM
I've driven one. Ring it like a motorcycle and it's fun. Get caught in the wrong gear coming out of a corner and it couldn't pull a greased needle out of an elephant's @ss. But man does it handle. Should have had forced induction from the factory.

balagast
08-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I can definitely see how a SC would clean up the fact that the car has like no power before 5 grand. An S2K with low end torque and revving like crazy would be a great combo

T-spoon
08-03-2007, 04:18 PM
I can definitely see how a SC would clean up the fact that the car has like no power before 5 grand. An S2K with low end torque and revving like crazy would be a great combo

Hopefully it wont' go boom. If I'm not mistaken the stock CR on the s2k motor is pretty high.. higher than the 2zz?

balagast
08-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Ya ... I have never seen a boosted one. I believe the CR is like 11.1 if I'm not mistaken, so you are tittering on the end of disaster with boost.

celicaGT90_05
08-03-2007, 06:28 PM
I've driven one. Ring it like a motorcycle and it's fun. Get caught in the wrong gear coming out of a corner and it couldn't pull a greased needle out of an elephant's @ss. But man does it handle. Should have had forced induction from the factory.

Doesnt that go for many cars though? And whats not to like about honda? Those cars last forever and my mom has a CR-V, you'd be surprised how well that thing handles. Like I always say, it's not honda's fault people rice out civics

T-spoon
08-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Doesnt that go for many cars though? And whats not to like about honda? Those cars last forever and my mom has a CR-V, you'd be surprised how well that thing handles. Like I always say, it's not honda's fault people rice out civics

It doesn't go for all cars to the same extent. Peakier engines require different styles of driving. Revs have to be up and all that jazz. It's the same issues with properly driving a 7g GTS.

No offense, but CR-Vs don't really do anything like I would call handling well. The camry we owned handled better. One about rolled itself clean off the road trying to turn with the Spyder. My buddie's 4runner handles better. One of the stupidest things I've ever seen from a driver in my life. I was very glad they were to the outside of us.

Slider
08-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Great handling car, wouldn't mind owning one. The power is a little low but the focus of the car is handling.

celicaGT90_05
08-03-2007, 07:35 PM
No offense, but CR-Vs don't really do anything like I would call handling well. The camry we owned handled better. One about rolled itself clean off the road trying to turn with the Spyder. My buddie's 4runner handles better. One of the stupidest things I've ever seen from a driver in my life. I was very glad they were to the outside of us.

No believe me, they handle exceptionally well, maybe you guys were driving a 1st gen? My moms is a 2nd gen, and I've tested it's handling which is surprising. With as quick as I've taken that thing, mind you not to the extreme, it honestly never felt like it was about to roll, that car feels like it'll go in to a skid long before a roll and it'll take some complete dumbass to skid it on dry pavement. But anyway I dont mean to jack up this thread, I got to drive an S-2000 once....backing it up in to a show room :(

burnyd
08-03-2007, 07:37 PM
there such nice cars

rwd and vtak!

Cavanagh
08-03-2007, 08:28 PM
there such nice cars

rwd and vtak!
Serously, what else do you need?

T-spoon
08-03-2007, 08:33 PM
No believe me, they handle exceptionally well, maybe you guys were driving a 1st gen? My moms is a 2nd gen, and I've tested it's handling which is surprising. With as quick as I've taken that thing, mind you not to the extreme, it honestly never felt like it was about to roll, that car feels like it'll go in to a skid long before a roll and it'll take some complete dumbass to skid it on dry pavement. But anyway I dont mean to jack up this thread, I got to drive an S-2000 once....backing it up in to a show room :(

No worries, to each their own, perhaps I'm over picky about handling.

The S2K handles superbly by all accounts :hehe:

Dunn
08-03-2007, 09:23 PM
S2K's are nice, but im not really a fan of RWD for some reason. id probably take an RSX-S over it despite the power loss..

T-spoon
08-03-2007, 09:43 PM
S2K's are nice, but im not really a fan of RWD for some reason. id probably take an RSX-S over it despite the power loss..

:squint: :ugh: :eek:

Slider
08-03-2007, 09:53 PM
:brick:

Fuelish
08-03-2007, 10:06 PM
.... but im not really a fan of RWD for some reason
Surely you jest .........

celicaGT90_05
08-03-2007, 10:21 PM
WHAT, I loooove manual RWDs...I guess they arent for everyone

Cavanagh
08-03-2007, 11:02 PM
:slap:

T-spoon
08-03-2007, 11:07 PM
I know it might seem strange to get chastised on a celica forum about not liking RWD, but see, a good number of Celica owners are not happy that Toyota left the Celica's roots of good ol'butt'swinging RWD and this odd thing called traction for straight line acceleration. FWD isn't the worst thing in the world, but I think a large percentage around here would have been pleased as punch had 4th-7th gens all been RWD still (apart from the alltracs of course). Me personally.. I'll tolerate FWD in Celicas because of how cool celicas are, but I prefer what RWD gives you otherwise.

Lagos
08-03-2007, 11:25 PM

i agree. my buddy bought one. he let me drive it. we kept trying to figure out whats wrong with it, because it just didnt pull. we thought that maybe the car had some type of traction control holding it back. then we realized that the problem was that it was just NA. you really have to wind that car out to 7-9k to get anything out of it. its a complete dog in the lower rpms.

still a cool car tho, and it handles well. kind of reminds me of the ae86

Cosco
08-04-2007, 01:47 AM
I'm surprised bong hasnt jumped in this yet since he just bought one.

celica91gts
08-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Never been a big honda fan but after riding in my friends new S2000 i was very impressed. He just got it its and 01 with 34,000 miles its supercharged running 9 psi. It is insanely fast and handles like a dream. In my opinion it is worth every penny of the price. Ill post some pictures of his car and mine after mine gets painted. That is all.

u got a ride in the ap1, the ap2 is a lot better. has an f22 and in my opinion the vtec hits harder in the f22.

Shadowlife25
08-04-2007, 09:18 PM

:Ban1: :Ban1: :Ban1: :Ban1: :Ban1: :squint: :squint: :squint: :squint: :squint:

and.............

best Donald Trump impression...

You're Fired.

andy
08-04-2007, 09:45 PM
^ agreed, fwd is for chumps!!!!!!!! Id love for my celi to rwd and then maybe id have my first gear back again.

celicaGT90_05
08-04-2007, 10:14 PM
FWD isn't bad for every day driving, I mean it does do a lot better in snow. One year it snowed really bad and we live on a pretty steap hill. My truck could only go up the hill for as much momentum as I could gain which wasnt far, but my brothers accord went right up it no problem. For racing or drag though, RWD seems to be the better choice, once you lose the front wheels on a FWD you're screwed

andy
08-04-2007, 11:02 PM
i loose mine at 3500 in 1st. it sucks.

85gtsblackman
08-05-2007, 04:23 PM
how the hell can u like fwd over rwd, its like having a trike over a 24 speed shwinn

i drove an s2k, it was fun but, the thing i like about the 3rd gen is its got torque , which if your on a short track type course(or the dragon) then, its gonna help, plus 3rd gens despite the size are not heavy (celica supras on the other hand....)

my suspension is pretty much done, my car handels like a dream,all i need now is sway bars and its done