PDA

View Full Version : Rear Panel?

Dave9284
08-03-2007, 08:31 AM
The rear plastic panel on my 92 GT that is between the taillights that is around my license plate has a bunch of small scratches. Anyone have a recommendation on how to remove these. Any stuff that can buff them out, their not deep just just light scratches. Thanks.

Galcobar
08-05-2007, 03:35 AM
Either a plastic polish, available in most car care aisles, or brass polish. Just remember to use a restorer afterwards.

PhillyDRFT
08-05-2007, 05:00 AM
it's painted so he can use any car polishing compound. Plastic polish's usually say on them not for use on painted surfaces.

I dunno what you mean by small. bit length of scratches isn't really an issue it's the depth of them. If it's a gouge you'll have to use a filler. Duplicolor makes these wierd crayons that work pretty well on cracks and deep gouges. as a temp fix. If there light hairline scratches, any paint compound will take it out. I've had good results with turtle wax's compounding liquid.

Dave9284
08-05-2007, 08:33 AM
It sounds like the car polishing compound will work then. By small scratches I mean if you run your finger over them you can't even feel them. Almost like where the keys were in the trunk lock and dragged across the panel except on various parts of the panel.