PDA

View Full Version : burian toyota turbo kit

celica91gts
08-01-2007, 08:30 AM
a few years back i found a turbo kit for the 5sfe. thier old website was www.poweredbytoyota.com im trying to relocate them. ut thats not their website anymore. anyone know where i can find them?

PhillyDRFT
08-01-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't believe there in business anymore. At least I know they don't make the 5sfte kit anymore. It was discontinued since no one bought it, due to it being far overpriced for an incomplete kit.

Any reason you're trying to locate one? Aside from contemplating a 5sfte?

burnyd
08-01-2007, 08:37 AM
that kit they made years ago for the camry lol.. it was like 4500 bux and everyone blew up their car.

celica91gts
08-01-2007, 09:35 AM
that kit they made years ago for the camry lol.. it was like 4500 bux and everyone blew up their car.

seriously? when i checked it was 2500, for the incomplete kit.... only thing i remember it didn't have was a turbo timer and a couple small things if i remember correctly. and yeah. im in a bit of a jam. ever since i crashed my car. yeah it runs fine and all and its just cosmetics and stuff. but my dad wants to get me a new car after one year of college. i really like my car and i want the 3sgte swap but my dad wants me to get a newer car so that i wont have to maintain it and keep fixing small stuff (by the way.... my right door handel broke today.... i can only open it from the inside.) but back to the point. he wants me to get a newer car that can last me through college. and it has to be newer. he told me getting the swap wont solve maintaining it. cuz i also have to think of other things that are worn out on it such as suspention ect. so it would be easier to just get a new car. im currently looking at the bb6 (5th gen prelude) newer, honda so its dependable. pretty good gas mileage and also has a good amount of speed. or a 7th gen gts. but i hear thier trannys are like plastic.... so i donno. sure thing is. i cant keep my car unless i really want to and i cant get the swap for it. its pointless for me to keep the 5sfe even if i got it rebuilt. its very outdated and i have a hard time keeping up with small time cars like accords and civics. 5sfe just dosent cut it. there are few things i could do for it to make it quicker such as a new clitch and flywheel. i already have a dry kit on it and im sick of depending on how full my bottle is for speed. so i was hoping to get the 5sfe turboed because i really want to keep it. but i guess i cant now.... i hope when i grow up i can be able to buy another 5th gen and do the swap. i envy u guys out of college and with stable jobs..... damn u guys.

KoreanJoey
08-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm in college and I envy you for having a dad that will buy you a newer car!

Murgatroy
08-01-2007, 10:41 AM
I never had anything bought an given to me. I worked for everything.

Wait till you catch up with life. ;)

Go with a newer car, if the Celica is nickel and diming you to death, let it go. If you can't afford the upkeep, get something that requires less.

PhillyDRFT
08-01-2007, 04:24 PM
If reliability is an issue here, you want to stay far from a 5sfte. Nothing good will come of it. just crash your car again. stash it at a buddys and swap it wile you're fixing the body. lol

bloodredgt
08-01-2007, 05:05 PM
*SHAMELESS PLUG*I will be putting my previous 5sfte set up for sale soon as I am removing it from my old 5th gen.*END OF SHAMELESS PLUG* Just try and convince your dad to let you keep the celica as a project/beater to play around with and take apart, but get you a newer car.

burnyd
08-01-2007, 05:17 PM
seriously? when i checked it was 2500, for the incomplete kit.... only thing i remember it didn't have was a turbo timer and a couple small things if i remember correctly. and yeah. im in a bit of a jam. ever since i crashed my car. yeah it runs fine and all and its just cosmetics and stuff. but my dad wants to get me a new car after one year of college. i really like my car and i want the 3sgte swap but my dad wants me to get a newer car so that i wont have to maintain it and keep fixing small stuff (by the way.... my right door handel broke today.... i can only open it from the inside.) but back to the point. he wants me to get a newer car that can last me through college. and it has to be newer. he told me getting the swap wont solve maintaining it. cuz i also have to think of other things that are worn out on it such as suspention ect. so it would be easier to just get a new car. im currently looking at the bb6 (5th gen prelude) newer, honda so its dependable. pretty good gas mileage and also has a good amount of speed. or a 7th gen gts. but i hear thier trannys are like plastic.... so i donno. sure thing is. i cant keep my car unless i really want to and i cant get the swap for it. its pointless for me to keep the 5sfe even if i got it rebuilt. its very outdated and i have a hard time keeping up with small time cars like accords and civics. 5sfe just dosent cut it. there are few things i could do for it to make it quicker such as a new clitch and flywheel. i already have a dry kit on it and im sick of depending on how full my bottle is for speed. so i was hoping to get the 5sfe turboed because i really want to keep it. but i guess i cant now.... i hope when i grow up i can be able to buy another 5th gen and do the swap. i envy u guys out of college and with stable jobs..... damn u guys.

yaaaahhh a turbo celica 5sfte or 3sgte is a hell of an unreliable vehicle.

geebes
08-01-2007, 05:39 PM
http://www.burientoyota.com/ thats their website, although no sign of the turbo kit...try calling them though.

celica91gts
08-01-2007, 10:49 PM
i already asked him if i could keep it. we have room for it, my sister moved out and we have room for it in the garage but my dad said its a waste of money to keep it.

burnyd
08-01-2007, 11:10 PM
i already asked him if i could keep it. we have room for it, my sister moved out and we have room for it in the garage but my dad said its a waste of money to keep it.

I would honestly take a new car over a 5th gen gts. All though I do love those cars. Unless your really buidling a project car out of it I wouldnt keep it and get a new car. You can always pick one up later down the road maybe an alltrac maybe and build that afterward.

angryyoungnpoor
08-02-2007, 03:24 AM
http://www.burientoyota.com/ thats their website, although no sign of the turbo kit...try calling them though.

Not the same thing. thought it was burian, not burien.

geebes
08-02-2007, 03:39 AM
Its burien. I had that website bookmarked...for a period of time I really was interested. Do a yahoo search.

celicaGT90_05
08-02-2007, 03:40 AM

Are you serious? Man if they are gonna make a turbo kit, they need to only make it so that it makes only enough boost of what the car can handle stock. Having a 5SFE though, turboing it doesnt feel right, it just doesnt feel like a motor I'd want to turbo, I'd rather just drop in a 3sgte

PhillyDRFT
08-02-2007, 04:34 AM
At very low boost I'm going to say you could safely turbo a 5sfe. Around a 50hp gain. But for the cost of parts, and the time to install / tune. It would NEVER be worth the time or money to do it.

A 5sge head swap and the basic 5sfte setup could possibly be a cheaper junkyard frankenstine. Could work. who knows. But it's a lot of work.

celicaGT90_05
08-02-2007, 05:00 AM
dude there was a kit on ebay for my truck for $650 shipped that made low boost, that to me is about all its worth. They dont sell the kit as a whole now, but still offer the header so I can still build the kit, it'll just be a little more than what it was before. Still within a grand

burnyd
08-02-2007, 05:31 AM
At very low boost I'm going to say you could safely turbo a 5sfe. Around a 50hp gain. But for the cost of parts, and the time to install / tune. It would NEVER be worth the time or money to do it.

A 5sge head swap and the basic 5sfte setup could possibly be a cheaper junkyard frankenstine. Could work. who knows. But it's a lot of work.

Stop being a cheep KA owner!

celica91gts
08-02-2007, 06:50 AM

i read taht u could push 7psi with the burien turbo

bloodredgt
08-02-2007, 08:28 AM
You can safely run a 5sfte set up @ 7psi. The 5sfe feels good when it's turbo. It has a nice pull right when the ct26 spools up. I gotta say, it feels like a nicely beefed up motor. The pull feels righteous in a FWD Celica. Gotta say it's the most fun I got out of my celi. Great to have as a project car. People give you mad props when they find out you got a custom set up.

celicaGT90_05
08-02-2007, 08:58 AM
^^ dont most turboed motors have a nice pull when the turbo spools?

KoreanJoey
08-02-2007, 09:30 AM
No intercooler was what made their kit unsafe, and yes it is Burien Toyota. I've been there many a time, and oh yeah, you can get a discount if you say you're part of MR2oc (their our partner site so we could probably be ok with saying that).

celica91gts
08-02-2007, 09:23 PM
You can safely run a 5sfte set up @ 7psi. The 5sfe feels good when it's turbo. It has a nice pull right when the ct26 spools up. I gotta say, it feels like a nicely beefed up motor. The pull feels righteous in a FWD Celica. Gotta say it's the most fun I got out of my celi. Great to have as a project car. People give you mad props when they find out you got a custom set up.

u still have the 5sfe turbo kit?

Rix86
08-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Burien toyota USED to be TRD NW headquarters.
don't know (or care) if they still are or not.
last I heard, their "5sfte" camry looked like shit under the hood, and IIRC, blew up a few times.