PDA

View Full Version : im addicted to toyota

zmile06
07-28-2007, 09:05 PM
For some reason i cant bring myself to buy anything but a toyota.. At one point i was trying to talk myself into a really good 92 prelude SI deal. I honestly couldn't do that because i just dislike anything but toyota...

I kinda dislike Honda because of the major rust issues there early 90's cars have.

I can always find a reason to dislike a competitor of Toyota, but i cant find enough reasons to dislike Toyota.

Let me put it this way, my perfect car is a 93 Toyota MR2 Turbo, hard top with a teal factory paint job. Of course hand tops are super rare, and the teal paint job is probable even more rare.

Anyways just kind of rambling, does anyone else have this issue?

T-spoon
07-28-2007, 09:09 PM
*looks at his own car history* Nooooo.. I have no idea what you mean.. :sneak:

Fuelish
07-29-2007, 02:45 AM
Have owned a couple other manufacturers cars in my lifetime - Ford, Buick, Eagle (Mitsubishi) - but none with the build quality and reliability of Toyotas from my perspective. Am on my fourth, now (we currently have my '92 vert and wife's '05 Corolla S), having previously owned a '91 Tercel (beat the living crap outta that car and it NEVER died...) and my first car, my old '75 Celica ST :cool: ) Having moved to east TN from suburban Detroit (aka Ford country :rolleyes: ), am pleased to see these here folks a lil more open minded about imports, in general.

2kSnakEater
07-29-2007, 02:50 AM
Right now Im more into almost anything made by GM, and alot of the Older Toyota stuff.

Toyota has brought nothing good to the table in the last few years IMO.

burnyd
07-29-2007, 02:59 AM
its a problem I agree with you. I tried to tell myself I liked 240s.. and somehow I woke up with an alltrac happy.

'90 CeLicA Aus
07-29-2007, 03:17 AM
burny can you PLEASE post more pics of your new GT4. I wanna see more :( You're depriving me lol.

celicatrd93
07-29-2007, 03:21 AM
i grew up with toyota's, when i was a kid my mom had a mr2 my dad had a supra, from there on my dad had a 89 convert celica for 6 years, learn to drive stick on that , then sister had a celica, then i owned a red gt,green gt-s and now a white st, on top my father owned a red,black,burgundy,blue, white and more celica's over the years, mostly buying them fixing them and selling them, so there has been at least over 14 celica's 4 mr2 and 3 older supra's in my family basically father,mother,sister and me. and lets not forget a bunch of camry's, corolla's and trucks my father owned.(mechanic on the weekends for extra cash) so toyota has been in my life for a long time and i do not plan on changing my car to another car soon(unless a banging ass sports car which is not happening soon) so with that said I LOVE TOYOTA!

andy
07-29-2007, 03:24 AM
i have a huge love for toyota. so does my family we own 4 toyotas and a honda. hahahha
ill have nothing else but a yota. maybe a subie

zmile06
07-29-2007, 04:26 AM
People say new toyota has nothing to offer, they own Lexus and Scion give me a break. Some of the new lexus vechiles have true dual exhaust, and 300 horse power, park them selfs, they are great!

The Scion TC is actually pretty nice, i would own one if i could afford it.

The actual Toyota brand has a 6 speed camry with enough horse power to satisfy me.

I will admit the lexus brand has some of the only styling i like, and is way too expensive for most people.

Toyota will eventually wise up and throw some nice poor peoples sports cars in the line up.

Most my family like domestics, pontiac chevy etc. I just got addicted to toyota by researching them, and seeing some pretty clean toyotas in person. My buddy has a 92 toyota mr2 turbo, which is just amazing. Its in mint condition. Then jarrel has a 91 celica st swap 4agze.

I would just rather have a toyota over anything because you know it will stand up to the test of time pretty well.

geebes
07-29-2007, 06:17 PM
There aren't too many cars that you can buy with 115k miles, and know that they will last for at least another 150k or more. I still am so amazed that in 3 years I have only had to replace the axles on my car...I LOVE IT!

The only other car I would do is a subaru...(unless something was a really good deal.)

I hope they start to focus more on the toyota cars soon, they have kindof put the spotlight on scion for now. Although if given the money or oppertunity, I would rock an FJcruiser in a heartbeat.

Cavanagh
07-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Right now Im more into almost anything made by GM, and alot of the Older Toyota stuff.

Toyota has brought nothing good to the table in the last few years IMO.
Yea, GM is my favorite, espically with there floating gas gauges and plastic intake manifolds. The quality is there. :USA: