PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my celica

zmile06
07-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Well i went to the junkyard bought 2 seats, turns out there grey not blue, so im out 125 dollars unless i want 2 seats that dont match my interior. Then i cant get the rear brake light under my coupe rear window to lock in, on top of that i broke the back rest bolt on the rear seat OFF, i broke the bolt inside the hole, so now the back part of the rear seat wont mount without wiggling all over the freaking place. On top of all that my drivers side window lever keeps rubbing the door. I dont know how to fix any of these problems and im about to sell my celica because im getting so frustrated with it. I'm losing my mind....

celicaGT90_05
07-27-2007, 08:04 PM
sounds like you're just having a blast with that car

celicatrd93
07-27-2007, 08:16 PM
sorry to say, but how do you buy seats for 125 and not check them out before buying them , don't you usually check them out before you buy them, so if you seen there where different colors why did you buy them. what kinda of seats are they? to lock up the rear coupe light is to tuck in the wires under really tight and push it right it.

zmile06
07-27-2007, 08:21 PM
I dunno how i didnt notice it, they look really similar to the blue in my celica. I'm talking about the little ledge next to the rear glass, i cant get the cover trim to go around the brake light.

I would rather drop an engine in a celica right now then deal with all these little problems im having, i have NO idea why my handle is rubbing the door, all i can guess is i bent something and i need to replace the internals in the car door. Which will cost me like 75 bucks. The bolt im gona have to drill out and then locate another bolt to put in there. I'm just so fed up with my car right now i just want to sell it and buy something different. I put easily 1,500 in the car, but im done dealing with all these little things that end up nickel and dimming me to death.

PhillyDRFT
07-27-2007, 08:45 PM
You need to step back from the car. Take a really deep breath and handle it ONE problem at a time. Deal with what HAS to be done first and work your way on from there. Be creative on the way you fix things. For broken mounting tabs, 2 part epoxy and metal L brackets can do wonders. Drilling and re taping a hole is no big deal, 20 minutes tops.

You can also try to get a powerful hand drill and try to back it out with one of those reverse cutters. Spray it with some good penetrating lube. let it sit for a few hours. come back give it a spray and have at it with the easy out.

Why can't you return the seats? Alternatively, Are you that attatched to your blue interior? why not go grey? or just Blackout the interior. You can do your doors, dash and rears for about 35$ in paint. Use Krylon matte black or satin black for the plastics and Dupliocolor for the vynel.

These are little problems, not worth selling your car over. Just pick one at a time to go after and you'll feel really accomplished once you start seeing progress. Since you've gotten to this point of frustration.

zmile06
07-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Its just the stupid bolt broke off in the mounting hole... The junkyard has a 25 percent restocking fee so its not even worth returning. The problem is i got the rear and passenger seat, my drivers seat would still be blue. I just bought custom fit seat covers off ebay, some diamond plated floor mats, so i should be ok once they arrive.

The only thing that reall bugs me is the mounting bolt broke off, and the window lever hitting the door. I have NO idea how to fix the window lever, and im tired of it leaving marks on the interior panel.

I will be ok once i cool off, im just fed up with my car right now, every time i try to make it look better i get screwed over.

PhillyDRFT
07-27-2007, 09:16 PM
you could always convert to power windows!

zmile06
07-27-2007, 09:57 PM
you could always convert to power windows!
universal power window kits look like ass, and i already converted to power locks and dont feel like buying power celica doors and having the 75 i spent on power locks go to waste.

celicatrd93
07-27-2007, 10:59 PM
phillydrfit gave some good advice about how to fix the small rear seat problems, also you never told us what kinda seats are they, gts/alltrac or regular seats? leather or non leather?

Shadowlife25
07-28-2007, 12:43 AM
or what year his car is....

zmile06
07-28-2007, 01:59 AM
1993 toyota celica ST... The mounting bolt for the back rest of the rear seat snapped off in the hole... Its literally gona have to be drilled out or something similar, then i have to find another bolt to mount it with and hope it dosent snap off, i think the mounting hole is cross threaded.