PDA

View Full Version : Real quick question

MCcelica
07-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Which camry is it that has the 5sfe? I tried searching for it but never found a specific model or trim. The reason I'm asking is because there has been this camry sitting in the parking lot at my apartment complex in the same spot for like 3 months now. The guy who owns it has since moved out and he wants the management to tow it away for him. If it's the one with a 5sfe I'm going to try my luck at scoring some parts off of it for my top end rebuild on the 6th gen. Parts like header, alternator, ...whatever the hell that little valve is called that goes off of the top radiator hose into that tube that goes into the head..., and uhm, I guess anything else I can find on it that I need before they tow it. That would be suh-weet if I could get a few free (or at least cheap and easy to access) parts off of it. Anyone?

Joeye27
07-27-2007, 01:42 AM
DX, LE, XLE 1992-1996,
Some models between 97- 2001 like the CE also I believe have the 5sfe.
Some LE's and XLEs have the v6

MCcelica
07-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Damn. The one outside says LS, but it doesn't say V6 anywhere.

Joeye27
07-27-2007, 07:54 AM
LS?? if you ment LE Camry check if its a auto then it might be a 5sfe..
Theres also a LE Corolla but it dosent use the 5sfe

Thats nice if you can get that, you can use some of the parts on your other 5sfe. you going to pull them off at the junk yard??? the owner dosent want it??? just ask youll probably get it for free!

MCcelica
07-27-2007, 05:23 PM
If it's the right engine, I'll just pull 'em off at the apartment complex before it goes to the junk yard. I'm pretty sure it said LS, but I'll double check. But yeah, the owner told me about a month ago that he is hoping the management will tow it because he doesn't want it anymore, and that was a few weeks before he moved out. I'll ask the property manager if they are allowed to let me do anything with it, and if I can I'll just have a look at the engine itself.

MCcelica
07-28-2007, 03:27 AM
So I lied. Apparently I can't read. It is an LE. :slap: I'm gonna really see if I can get some parts off of it now! Hell yeah!

geebes
07-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Hells yeah!

MCcelica
07-30-2007, 05:12 AM
So I molested that camry with a wrench after work today since there was nobody at the leasing office to yell at me for working on a car on the premises. I got the header, Alternator, Battery Terminals, Valve Cover, and a couple other miscellaneous parts that I can sell on ebay or here or wherever too, such as tail lights, turn signals and markers etc. :P WOOT for free parts! I'm really excited about the header! :hehe: