PDA

View Full Version : GT vs GT-S diffrence?

zmile06
07-23-2007, 02:36 AM
I tried to do a search on celicatech and the internet to find out the diffrence but i really cant. All i can figure out is the GT-S had optional leather, and a wide body.

Can anyone else tell me what else COULD or IS the difference? I would greatly appreciate it.

extremeskillz
07-23-2007, 03:50 AM
Well theres: For the GTS

Wide body
All wheel disc brakes
Leather interior or cloth
the alltrac wheels
3piece wing
Dual tip exhaust
I believe auto tranny was optional (not sure)
Power everything
Moon Roof

Basically you get all the perks of the alltrac without the 3sgte and AWD.

Doctor Jinxed
07-23-2007, 04:22 AM
Well theres: For the GTS

Wide body
All wheel disc brakes
Leather interior or cloth
the alltrac wheels
3piece wing
Dual tip exhaust
I believe auto tranny was optional (not sure)
Power everything
Moon Roof

Basically you get all the perks of the alltrac without the 3sgte and AWD.

The GT-S comes standard with these things, though you could get a GT with these options sans the widebody, dual muffler tips and all wheel disc brakes.

But I also heard the GT-S had different springrates suspensionwise?

aballz
07-23-2007, 04:31 AM
GTS has auto-climate control, power lumbar support, 92+ system 10 i believe was standard

burnyd
07-23-2007, 04:39 AM
this is a weekly thread search it

Cavanagh
07-23-2007, 04:49 AM
haha word, it really is.

Chris
07-23-2007, 04:49 AM
The GT-S comes standard with these things, though you could get a GT with these options sans the widebody, dual muffler tips and all wheel disc brakes.

But I also heard the GT-S had different springrates suspensionwise?

I think you could get all disc brakes, if I remember correctly that's what mine has.

Murgatroy
07-23-2007, 05:31 AM
GT comes with rear discs optional.

There are numerous threads about this.

celicatrd93
07-23-2007, 06:08 AM
i only have 500 posts and i have seen at least 5-6 threads about this, think of you guys, its become a annoying to guys i bet.

geebes
07-23-2007, 06:26 AM
What gen GT vs GTS are you asking about?

extremeskillz
07-23-2007, 01:15 PM
^5th gen.

Yea so like everyone else said. THeres a full library of stuff on this topic here. Just do some reasearch.

Chris
07-23-2007, 01:51 PM
GT comes with rear discs optional.

There are numerous threads about this.

Yeah, I know there have been, I was just throwing that out there because I was pretty sure they were optional.

geebes
07-23-2007, 10:12 PM
^5th gen.

Yea so like everyone else said. THeres a full library of stuff on this topic here. Just do some reasearch.

He never said 5th.

And indeed, search my young padawan! :bigthumbu

Fuelish
07-23-2007, 10:38 PM
He never said 5th.

True, but he did mention "wide-body" .... were there other wide-body Celis ??? Me no know ... ;)

Mr Celica
07-23-2007, 10:56 PM
yea they came with different shocks, too.

vms4evr
07-23-2007, 11:54 PM
It would be nice if their was a sticky that covered the ST, GT, GTS differences or a tech/garage area with the specs on each year/gen. Then it wouldn't get asked all the time.

extremeskillz
07-24-2007, 01:28 AM
True, but he did mention "wide-body" .... were there other wide-body Celis ??? Me no know ... ;)

That what i based my guess off of!

turbo4ag
07-24-2007, 02:18 AM
I have looked at a number of GT Celicas, and test drove atleast 10-15. And I have never seen a GT without rear discs. Maybe you guys are mistaken with ABS, which was optional. Rear discs are standard on GT and GTS.

Does anyone have a picture of a GT with drums. Cause thats the only way I will believe it.

BTW, only the GTS and Alltrac came widebody. Overall width is 1.6" wider. Info source: Consumer Guide Booklet.

zmile06
07-24-2007, 02:31 AM
I know this is a daily topic but i honestly couldn't find anything specific about it when searching.

Do the GT-S have ABS? When you say power everything, do they have power seats? Stupid question i know.

The suspension is different?

I know this is probable annoying for many of the senior members here, but trust me i wouldn't ask if i couldn't find it myself.

If you guys can give anymore info on the diffrence i would appreciate it!

I think stickies do need to be made.

Hiko
07-24-2007, 02:40 AM
The 92-93 gt had rear disk's standard. The 90-91 gt didn't have rear disks at all. My 90 gt has rear drums, and I can take pics to prove if necessary ;)

I didn't buy into the idea that the suspensions were different, but a quick look on 1sttoyotaparts shows that they are in fact different.

And another vote to sticky a good list of known differences.

turbo4ag
07-24-2007, 02:43 AM
If you go here you can input all the Celicas and compare them yourself
Anything from overall weight and width, to most features and what came standard

http://www.autotrader.com/research/compare/index.jsp?restype=used

Useful to get general ideas. Full details can only be speculated (spring rates, etc). I only trust a Consumer Guide or Car and Driver or some other notable vehicle test drive company. Either that or just plain pictures.

turbo4ag
07-24-2007, 02:50 AM
The 92-93 gt had rear disk's standard. The 90-91 gt didn't have rear disks at all. My 90 gt has rear drums, and I can take pics to prove if necessary ;)

I didn't buy into the idea that the suspensions were different, but a quick look on 1sttoyotaparts shows that they are in fact different.

And another vote to sticky a good list of known differences.

You sure its an original GT? :shrug:

Somehow I still dont want to believe. Maybe its just luck all the ones I've seen over the years, or they were 92+. Oh well.

extremeskillz
07-24-2007, 03:21 AM
I know this is a daily topic but i honestly couldn't find anything specific about it when searching.

Do the GT-S have ABS? When you say power everything, do they have power seats? Stupid question i know.

I know this is probable annoying for many of the senior members here, but trust me i wouldn't ask if i couldn't find it myself.

Yes they did come with ABS and unfortunatly mine does not work at this time. ONe senser shit the bed so im gonna go through the whole system to get it working again as this is starting to nag me.

My question is where do i buy ABS sensors at a reasonable price?

wizzards581
07-24-2007, 05:40 AM
92-93 GTS is alittle different from 90-91 GTS. bumper is different. brake calipers are too.

geebes
07-24-2007, 05:40 AM

Somehow I still dont want to believe. Maybe its just luck all the ones I've seen over the years, or they were 92+. Oh well.

X2 on the 92-93 disc...and 90-91 drums.

And x2 on the sticky for differences.

burnyd
07-24-2007, 06:04 AM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5792/beatdeadhorse3lk.jpg

Cavanagh
07-24-2007, 06:15 AM
It would be nice if their was a sticky that covered the ST, GT, GTS differences or a tech/garage area with the specs on each year/gen. Then it wouldn't get asked all the time.
It will still be asked, trust me.

vms4evr
07-24-2007, 03:56 PM
It will still be asked, trust me.

No doubt. But at least the info would be in one place and easy to find. I see this on a lot of forums. The people who have been around keep on saying that it's been beaten to death. The Search function on these vbb bulletin boards sucks.

So instead of searching for and reading through a 100 disparate threads trying to piece the answer together. You find it in 1 place.

Then when someone asks you point to the top of the page and call it a day...

The information on make/model/options/generations is not organized or readily available on any Toyota board I have looked on.

Here is an example using the Corvette (doesn't matter if you like them or not, it's an example). Look at the details you can find out. Organized in 1 place. That is what I go looking for.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/index.html

Here is an example of a FAQ for the C5 Z06. See how much detail is in one place.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1187875

Then instead of posting pictures of someone beating a dead horse you can actually point them to something useful. And give them shit for being lazy and not looking around the forum in the 1st place :hehe:

aballz
07-25-2007, 11:03 AM
They do have power seats..somewhat. Just the lumbar and side bolsters were powered.

Doctor Jinxed
07-27-2007, 04:25 AM

Mine has drums too. :( I've seen writeups around for drum to disc swaps for GT's on random sites too.

TEAMFaint
07-27-2007, 04:31 AM
The next time this is asked, the only thing that I'm going to say is

The "S".

burnyd
07-27-2007, 05:33 AM
The next time this is asked, the only thing that I'm going to say is

The "S".

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27495&highlight=gt+gts
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26359&highlight=gt+gts
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23748&highlight=gt+gts