PDA

View Full Version : Wrx!

burnyd
07-22-2007, 06:44 AM
SO after taking my entire day fixing my alltrac I raced a WRX, I talked to alot of ctech members today about my st185. I changed the plugs,wires, dist,oil brakes, Rear trans mount, new tires and alignment, the car finally is at -19 vac after the igniton timing / afm and new plugs....after I finished everything I put the long awaited boost controller...

After I got the boost controller on this 50 trim turbonetics ct26 is a hell of alot of fun... I was running it with the tvsv capped so it would only hit 5psi.. but the turbo feels really really efficient above 10psi is fun, I think it really needs to get to around 16psi to really be efficient. But at 1st gear I can hit 6psi 2nd - 9psi - 3rd 10ish then 4th + 5th go to 12ish.. I have to get a EBC soon. But the car is so much fun.

So I took the car out after puttig alot of random work into it today, hung out with a couple of friends at a location... I was driving home and the rd I was on theres a 6 lights.. at the second light this wrx flys through it and jumps ahead of me then slows down... I looked at him and the little fucker wouldnt look at me after ricer fly bying me! So I went to the next light and reved... and he starts to rev.. he flew through that light.. so I figured he wanted to race me.. went to the next light.. I Started reving, the light went green I slipped the clutch at 4500 and dropped it... THe car took off shifted it right befre the redline.. then second I was a car length behind him, by when I hit third I was inchin and inchin... 4th gear I put a car then 2 cars... and I was going pretty damn fast at this point after I started to pull on him I shut down, and he just flew by me. I was very happy with how my car performed.

I am so happy with this st185 now that it is running great... I ant compare any car I have had with a perfectly running st185, once these things run great there awesome cars nothing compares!

Joeye27
07-22-2007, 07:52 AM
awesome! for a 90 alltrac vs the new wrx you should feel good man, you have a older car and was slowly gaining on him not bad at all. also less money spent for your car.

Cavanagh
07-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Nice.

celicatrd93
07-22-2007, 11:52 PM
sweet, that better happen, put a good name out there for us, also you got any more pics of that sweet celica of yours.

85gtsblackman
07-25-2007, 12:17 PM
< goes to mod the legacy and drop a 7m in the celica

:bowdown:

T-spoon
07-25-2007, 04:49 PM
< goes to mod the legacy and drop a 7m in the celica

:bowdown:

I'd leave the legacy stock, the 7M will give you plenty of work in the modding dept.

turbo4ag
07-27-2007, 11:39 PM
I dont mean to downplay your victory...

But, damn Celicas are slow if we're having a hard time beating WRXs. I hope to change that when I get my Celica.

I once raced a stock STI on my old setup, 16 psi 4AGTE and I thought I gave him an okay race. He only pulled me by a bus. :duh:

burnyd
07-28-2007, 12:39 AM
I dont mean to downplay your victory...

But, damn Celicas are slow if we're having a hard time beating WRXs. I hope to change that when I get my Celica.

I once raced a stock STI on my old setup, 16 psi 4AGTE and I thought I gave him an okay race. He only pulled me by a bus. :duh:

eh, I dont know what the wrx had done to it. Also take into consideration this is the street and anything can happen. Alltracs are unfortunately not gods gift to speed but a great car to drive.....

especially going from a roll race anything can happen.