PDA

View Full Version : seat belt prices??!?!

atrac7gts
07-21-2007, 09:31 PM
hey guys i haven't posted here in awhile i was back in my home country of bangladesh and the internet there was down to teh shits....i now know the meaning of third world country....

anyways, my seventh gen celica has really shitty seatbelts, very loose and they never retract like they are supposed to...on newcelica.org a guy is parting out and is offering both the driver and passenger side....how much should i pay for these...? he, himself, admits he doesn't know how much to ask for as he doesn't know much about belt pricing, so he asked me to name a price and he'll see what he can work with, i was just wondering if any of you guys had an insight on this...thanks :)

atrac7gts
07-21-2007, 11:30 PM
....anyone....? :( :(

Murgatroy
07-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Got to give folks some time to spot the thread.

How much are they worth to you? If he is open to any price, figure in the weight and shipping. Offer him $50 for the pair.

atrac7gts
07-24-2007, 08:01 AM
sorry lol, i didn't mean to sound impatient...the guy said he called toyota, this is what he emailed me:

"I actually just called toyota to see how much brand new seatbelts are. They are 207 a piece, for new seatbelts. Tha'ts alot of money so you are seriously getting a deal if I sell these for less than 200 which I am willing to do. Honestly after seeing that they are 200 per, you getting them for 50 a piece is more than a steal. So I am really hoping you can afford 115."

i had no idea seatbelts were so expensive OEM! :( :(