PDA

View Full Version : I wish my car looked like this again=(

Joeye27
07-21-2007, 09:07 AM
I look back and remember the day when i bought the car off the lot. I bought it the same day i saw it. I was the happiest person ever! it was so beautiful the car just sitting there with its shiny red paint. it was my first car.
I now look at my car and say what did i do!!!! whY??? i now know it was a big mistake ive done to this one of a kind beauty especially to the 5th gen vert look how beautiful it looks! well im older now its one life lesson learned and something i will always regret ive done...Sorry to my 5th gen vert! but i still love it! :bigthumbu

some pics off the net but its exactly how it looked..
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/Joeye27/00000mycar-1.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/Joeye27/000001mycar-1.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/Joeye27/celivert.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/Joeye27/protopaccessories_1956_19754422.jpg

Murgatroy
07-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Return it back to stock then.

JDM TURTLE
07-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Return it back to stock then.

wow u killed it

'90 CeLicA Aus
07-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah hate to say it Joey, the current Celi looks garbage :( Lesson learnt I s'pose

KoreanJoey
07-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Nods

Chris
07-21-2007, 02:29 PM
You can still return it back, as murg said. We'd thank you for it.

Shadowlife25
07-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Did you get rid of all the factory parts? (panels,hood,bumpers...)
If not, then just put 'em back. Then all you need is paint :D

Fuelish
07-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Return it back to stock then. And if ya keep it white, it'll look like mine ;)

VikingJZ
07-21-2007, 03:03 PM
eww

PhillyDRFT
07-21-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm not going to rag on you about the way the car looks.

You knew what you wanted to do to your car. Thought it would look good. And had the balls to go ahead and do it on your own.

you've just progressed to another stage in the way you view cars. I'm sure you would gain a lot of respect putting it back to a nice oem shape. I'm also sure it would make a pretty fun project. You could break it up into a couple of weekends.

I would take off the vader kit. But Depending on how it looked. I would possibly keep the fender flares and get a set of wheel spacers or some nice offset rims.

Either way. You knew what you wanted then and went for it. You know what you want now so why not go for it?

turbo4ag
07-21-2007, 04:59 PM
oh thank goodness...

I never wanted to just outright judge your car the first time I saw it... because to each his own, who am I to tell you what to do to your own car, and how to spend your money?

But now that you agree on it.... damn that car is ricey. Thats the most riced out Toyota I've ever seen in my life. The stock look is the way to go. Or if you want to mod, the JDM alltrac bumper and aerospeed lip looks sweet. Just look at bong's car.

JDM TURTLE
07-21-2007, 08:13 PM
uh oh looks like it might be tougher...i think the whole kit is molded on.

vms4evr
07-21-2007, 08:39 PM
So you started out with a clean factory car. You got the mod/bling bug. Went from modding to all ricer crazy. Now you regret it. So you have a few options.

You can find some young guy who is totally nuts about that look, and they are out there. Sell the car as it is. Buy another one clean and leave it that way.

Return yours to the stock look if it won't cost an arm and a leg.

I would suggest you not keep it and leave it like this if you now realize you no longer thing it looks cool. If you hate it you'll stop doing all the maintenance and other things you know you should do. It's hard to keep up with a car you love some times. One you hate, it won't happen.

You're young. You went through a phase. Guess what? You're going to go through more of them. Don't sweat it and beat yourself up. As long as you're into cars you are going to try different ideas. Later you'll regret some of them. Others you'll be damn glad you went with your own ideas and did something you like. You'll be fine.

The good news is the guys on here didn't kick you off the forum for making the "mad tight bling yo ricer crap". And they'll help you with details on how to return it to stock looks. See, it ain't so bad :)

GT4SOM
07-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Haha I had that bug at one time when I first got my celi. I wanted to get the invader kit. Thank god the only ricer mods I ended up doing was blue neons under the dash and bought some white 17's lol. Neons are dead and threw them out.

celica91gts
07-21-2007, 09:13 PM
ive seen pics of ur car on here. i never wanted to say anything because its not my place to tell u how ur car should look. honestly though i love all cars stock looking. some cars might look better with a lip kit some might not. i used to be ricer too but i think we all went through that stage when we were in our teens. thankfully i have a couple close frineds that were also into that kind of stuff and slapped on huge body kits and wings that looked like shelves... and i learned from their mistakes not to do it. some frount bumpers just look so busy. but yeah. and then the kits start to break and paint chips off of them easy as hell and it starts looking worse and worse. i definately think it would be nice if u converted it back to stock but i know that can be a very expensive process if u dont have any of the original parts. can also be a pain in the ass lineing them back up. anyways best of luck with ur car.

celica91gts
07-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Haha I had that bug at one time when I first got my celi. I wanted to get the invader kit. Thank god the only ricer mods I ended up doing was blue neons under the dash and bought some white 17's lol. Neons are dead and threw them out.

whats wrong with white rims.... i always thought they looked really clean on red cars.

Joeye27
07-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Thanks Celica Tech i appreciate it.. although i would disagree that its the
"most riced out celica out there" ive seen worse. but i dont bash on peoples car. i respect everyones know matter what. yeah i was 18 when i got the car now im 22. i was warned by my mother a couple of other people but it was my car.
If i can i would put the stock bumpers, hood back on but yeah everythings is molded on with fiberglass. I even cut the side quarter panels for the Nsx airducts to fit sad... as for the my stock bumpers there gone, fenders gone gave away...even the middle piece spoiler gone... :(
I regret it but it was fun, i look at it and just smile thats all i really could do now exterior wise. I have to look to the future.
dont get me wrong some cars look really good with kits and some dont but as nice as the the 5th gen vert is already stock i should of left it that way.
I wanted it to look different and i succeded at that at least.
People dont even know what it is anymore they either hate it or love it.
Deep down under that car though i know its my Celi and i will always love it no matter how it looks. :bigthumbu just wish i had it the way i bought it. :(

Cavanagh
07-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Sell it to someone, like what was mentioned above, then buy another.

Chris
07-22-2007, 03:17 AM
Sell it to someone, like what was mentioned above, then buy another.

Not as easy for some of us, he's probably like me. My Celica is more than just a car, shit, it's been in the family since I was 3, it's got huge sentimental value. It's one of those rare cases where I know I won't sell the car unless I absolutely have to.

JDM TURTLE
07-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Not as easy for some of us, he's probably like me. My Celica is more than just a car, shit, it's been in the family since I was 3, it's got huge sentimental value. It's one of those rare cases where I know I won't sell the car unless I absolutely have to.

wow suprised the kit is still all together and in such good shape after fo years

burnyd
07-22-2007, 07:53 AM
sell it and buy another vert.

celicatrd93
07-22-2007, 08:28 AM
sell it and buy another vert.
i am with him on that, not worth the trouble and time to turn it back to stock, it does seem too much of what you did to the car, you can still save it with time and money, you had good idea's but way too much add ons. whats your next plan?

Joeye27
07-22-2007, 10:12 AM
I got some plans..... to many.
maybe -mid engine 3sgte
haha j/k ;) :hehe: :D

KoreanJoey
07-22-2007, 10:26 AM

Mine doesn't have the same sort of attachment as that but I know what he means. As much as I sometimes want to ditch the tricycle celi I still always go back to all the good times in that car and all the sweat, blood and money that's gone into her. Maybe someday I'll be able to shake that off but it'll be a while coming.

Ghosty
07-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Just my $0.02 here, and the opinions of others I see, but it seems like the best route would be to sell the celica to some kid who likes the looks. You'll at least be able to recoup come of the money, use that to invest in another celica.

But, this is a wild look, and the buyer might be hard to find. I'd suggest doing two things to make the car more marketable:

1) Get an OEM hood (ST, GT, GTS, just not an alltrac hood), paint it, slap it on.
That will tone down your car a LOT, and it's a lot easier than going after that fiberglass.

2) Find a middle section to your wing, paint it, slap it on.

But, I will say, I think it's admirable all the work you put into the car. Just because you aren't pleased with the final product doesn't mean you should beat yourself up over it.

You had the skills to do it. And that's a LOT more than what most others can do.