PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal please help

JDM TURTLE
07-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Im looking at an 01 celica GT. It has 102,000 miles on it. 5 spd...maybe leather dont remember. Is $6800 a good price? Also do these cars need any maintence like tb or wp around these miles? Need to know soon im looking at it in a few hours.

THANKS
JD

geebes
07-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Doesn't seem too bad of price, depends on the condition of the car. How did the previous owners take care of it? If u are looking at one of the 7th gens, hold out for a GTS...more powah!!!

in south jersey eh...check craigslist out...check this one...http://southjersey.craigslist.org/car/372167540.html

Cavanagh
07-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Werd, you'll deffinetly be happier if you get a 6spd GTS.

JDM TURTLE
07-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Werd, you'll deffinetly be happier if you get a 6spd GTS.

Id love a GTS but i dont have the money. My dad is paying for the car and my limit if 5gs so the GT is a stretch. Im not even set on a celica i just want something fun stick under 100kmiles and reliable and have always liked the look of the celica.

JDM TURTLE
07-21-2007, 09:52 AM
going to bed at 4:51 AM
bump

PhillyDRFT
07-21-2007, 05:01 PM
If you're not completely set on a 7th gen. Why not look into a 5-6th gen celica. There both equally fun.

Getting a 5th gen under 100k might be a stretch for you. But I'm sure you'll find a 6th gen under 100k. Probly around the 5k mark. If you get a GT you'll have a 5sfe which is a tank of an engine in stock form. They break in at 100k you'll definitely get a lot of life out of one. The ST's have a 7afe? I believe. I've never worked with one but from what I've heard they get great MPG and are pretty solid motors to boot.

JDM TURTLE
07-21-2007, 08:09 PM
If you're not completely set on a 7th gen. Why not look into a 5-6th gen celica. There both equally fun.

Getting a 5th gen under 100k might be a stretch for you. But I'm sure you'll find a 6th gen under 100k. Probly around the 5k mark. If you get a GT you'll have a 5sfe which is a tank of an engine in stock form. They break in at 100k you'll definitely get a lot of life out of one. The ST's have a 7afe? I believe. I've never worked with one but from what I've heard they get great MPG and are pretty solid motors to boot.

i dont like the looks of any other celica besides like the 80's one that looks like the supra of that gen.

celica91gts
07-21-2007, 09:25 PM
well.... if ur looking for a faster celica.... dont get a 5th or 6th gen. unless u get a 5th gen gt4..... im pretty much sick of my car's speed. waiting for enough money for the swap. if i were u id go for a 7th gen gt for more speed. vvti 140 hp. i raced a 05 civic si in a friends celica gt (also stick) and the si beat me by a fender. kept up with a 160 hp car with ivtec. not too shabby.... also its more recent and have a lot more aftermarket parts for it.

Cavanagh
07-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Oh ya, i guess you could get a GT, and then later on down the road turbo it.... Lord, please dont look at preludes. My buddy had a 90' and had a shit-ton of problems, hes now buying a 98' lude and im worried for him. :ugh: hopefully this one wont be problematic.

burnyd
07-22-2007, 01:27 AM
if your looking for a nice looking car to daily drive and get great fuel economy etc... then its a great car.

JDM TURTLE
07-22-2007, 06:53 AM
if your looking for a nice looking car to daily drive and get great fuel economy etc... then its a great car.

Great fuel economy is a big part of what im looking at. I doubt many cars will get good mpg with the way i drive though....i hope celicas can handle redlline a few times a day.

zmile06
07-22-2007, 07:10 AM
the GTS has a plastic transmission... You will HATE the GTS because of the tranny problems. the GT is pretty fast dont sell it short 140 hp and what less then 2600 pounds?

You can always drop a bigger badder engine later...

JDM TURTLE
07-22-2007, 07:25 AM
the GTS has a plastic transmission... You will HATE the GTS because of the tranny problems. the GT is pretty fast dont sell it short 140 hp and what less then 2600 pounds?

You can always drop a bigger badder engine later...

how reliable are the GT engines? Can they handle a good beating?

burnyd
07-22-2007, 07:34 AM
how reliable are the GT engines? Can they handle a good beating?

there not fast heh, but you can beat on it and have it last a long time its a toyota motor.

But the trans in the gts's are not really the greatest and depending on year of the car the gts's have their fair share of motor problems...but there also more sxpensive.

celica91gts
07-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Oh ya, i guess you could get a GT, and then later on down the road turbo it.... Lord, please dont look at preludes. My buddy had a 90' and had a shit-ton of problems, hes now buying a 98' lude and im worried for him. :ugh: hopefully this one wont be problematic.

5th gen preludes are very nice. ive had one. pretty reliable and the h22 is the shit