PDA

View Full Version : Trailblazer SS

T-spoon
07-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Cruising home on the freeway and this black shape comes roaring up on me, passed me on the right. Brand new Trailblazer SS (has the new vette motor) with a custom plate that read "FaSSt". Well.. couldn't pass that up.. Gradually caught up (he was about +10MPH when he passed me), then when I got to his quarter downshifted and blew by him. I figured that would interest him, and it did. He hit it to catch up so I let off. As he approached my back again I downshifted and took off again and just strolled right away. So yeah, very first person to ever try anything with me in the supra, which is kind of suprising. Everyone wanted to race the celicas and MR2s.. rarely does anyone get near the old supra. Thought it was entertaining anyhoo.

vip09
07-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Good kill! Those SS Trailblazers are pretty quick. I still don't see why an SUV needs a corvette engine.. sounds like a death machine to me.

What turbo are you running? psi?

Anything done to the engine itself?

You are running the MAP ecu right?

T-spoon
07-20-2007, 02:14 AM
Good kill! Those SS Trailblazers are pretty quick. I still don't see why an SUV needs a corvette engine.. sounds like a death machine to me.

What turbo are you running? psi?

Anything done to the engine itself?

You are running the MAP ecu right?

Ya know, I don't even know what the exhaust side is on my turbo, it was built by majestic turbo and purchased by a previous owner, so I don't know! But the instake side I believe is a 60ish trim. (it may be based on a GT60 turbo kit, but I'm really not sure)

Engine itself.. is stock other than of course ARPs and a MHG (short block is an updated version ~20k miles on it).

I'm at 12psi right now until I figure out the MAPecu2s boost controller. I'm around 360 RWP.

celicatrd93
07-20-2007, 02:17 AM
nice kill, i did not know they had a vette motor in them, thats pretty sweet, but not as sweet as the older supra.

vip09
07-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Are you planning on a 1/4 mile track day? I want to know what she runs!! :D

extremeskillz
07-20-2007, 02:27 AM
yea the ss is fast but a gasoline drinker. You not only have the speed to keep him away from you but better gas mileage. He'll regret owning one unless he's rich.

T-spoon
07-20-2007, 02:33 AM
yea the ss is fast but a gasoline drinker. You not only have the speed to keep him away from you but better gas mileage. He'll regret owning one unless he's rich.

ROTFL, better gas mileage? Not me sir.. I wish.. I just got about 14.5 mpg on my last fill up.. and have to use 93. BUT.. what I can also do better is corner :hehe:

Track day? Yeah, I'd like to. I have some odds and ends to tie up first, and I'd like to have the option to run higher boost for the track, not there quite yet.

extremeskillz
07-20-2007, 02:37 AM
Actually i just thought about it. Yea you have a point. Thats still better then the trailblazer. I think 14 mpg is its best day.

Galcobar
07-20-2007, 02:38 AM
That's still better than his larger engine hauling around an unaerodynamic SUV body with all that extra weight.

T-spoon
07-20-2007, 03:18 PM
That's still better than his larger engine hauling around an unaerodynamic SUV body with all that extra weight.

True enough. I had no idea what it really was when I saw it, just figured the SS package for a blazer would be something goofy like appearance and suspension or something. Got home and looked it up and had a chuckle.

2kSnakEater
07-21-2007, 05:01 AM
Trailblazer SS Comes with the Corvette LS2 rated at 400hp with the 4speed Auto. The SUV comes in RWD or AWD and is rated by the EPA at 14 mpg city and 17 mpg highway.

Its an incredible truck and something I would love to own in the future, your Supra getting 14.5 mpg gets about the same as the 400hp SUV.

Newer V8s > alot of the older 6s and some 4s.

I get 28mpg on the Highway with my 320hp LS1, how much do you get on your Celicas?

T-spoon
07-21-2007, 05:19 AM
Heh, yeah well, I'm quite sure the SS is putting less power to the ground than my 360 (which comes from a good load based dyno, not a factory estimated crank horsepower rating). I would expect it to have better gas mileage running completely off factory tuning. You lose some fuel economy when you're tuned to a fuel curve to make boost safe, meaning, a bit rich. I'm fine with the trade-off. My friend's 93 supra made about 400-450 HP on 12psi and got 30MPG on highway trips though, so I wouldn't generalize about the uberness of the LS series in terms of power vs mpg though they are definitely good motors as far as that goes :hehe: :)

2kSnakEater
07-21-2007, 05:51 AM
damm man not bad! still got the stock 7mg? I also wouldnt doubt it for your buddies supra since in 93 the 6spd was offered.

T-spoon
07-21-2007, 05:12 PM
damm man not bad! still got the stock 7mg? I also wouldnt doubt it for your buddies supra since in 93 the 6spd was offered.

Yeah, the turbo's not stock, the motor itself is pretty much.

Newbster
07-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Ive driven one of those new SS's and man are they quick. It was jumping at every stop sign. If you have a vehicle that can beat that then wow.