PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love Those Small Town Junkyards

celicaracing71
07-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Ok, well i was informed that the junkyard in my town was gettin a 5th gen celica so i was totally excited to go out there and c how much i could strip to help fix up mine well i get out there the ppl working there didnt even kno they had a celica they thought it was a 80 something corolla so yea i was kinda wondering what it really was well i got out there in the yard and there sat a teal 5th gen GT crushed prolly from a head on collision like my friends mx6 but i opened the hood and this thing had already been completely stripped of everything except a nice black strut bar well i saw on ebay these things are what 130 something so i took that off right away and looked around the car lookin for anything salvageable only after that did i find out it had been sitting in Des Moines for like 2 years before getting shipped over here well i went into the shop told the guy behind the counter i wanted this he had no idea what it was just thought it was a piece of random metal gave it to me for 10 bucks!! best 10 dollars i ever spent this thing looks just as good as some of the ones on ebay not bent more then usuall not rusted surpriseing for sitting in the elements for 2+ years but i just thoguht i would let yall kno bout this and if u need any 5th gen parts i could take a look for ya and if itz there u could get it dirt cheap

Conor

turbo4ag
07-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Are celicas rare in your town?

At the junkyard I go to there are atleast 4-5 5th Gen Celicas at any given time. Atleast 5-6 4th Gens.

Maybe thats because I live in Miami, a major metropolitan city.

celicaracing71
07-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Are celicas rare in your town?

yea kinda ive seen 3 in my whole life around here the one i own that i get from a friend in town the teal one in the junkyard and a alltrac 3s that was in a car show around here

zmile06
07-19-2007, 02:08 AM
i cant find a celica local to save my life, and there are 10 junkyard within 15 miles of me...

celicaracing71
07-19-2007, 02:12 AM
only local is me and the junker which i guess might not be staying that long cuz it takes up too much "space" we have a like 4-5 acre junkyard and we cant keep a damn import for more then a week or 2 but we can keep some tractors for 20 sum years dont make sence tooo me

andy
07-19-2007, 03:39 AM
man, i dont think the strut bars sell for 130, if so ima go pull all 4 of them.

geebes
07-19-2007, 03:57 AM
x2.

BTW, are there no such things as periods in your town? THat was the worlds longest sentance! :)

burnyd
07-19-2007, 04:55 AM
for some reason in pittsburgh theres nothing but 6gc's.

Ads28
07-19-2007, 05:58 AM
mann i havent seen one around ma town ever..and then i find out theres on in a scarpyard here ...go there is a 91 gt...wit some decent salvagable parts on it..soo im like nice ill go back in a couple days...only to get back and find out they crushed it..totally worthless now i was pissed..

celicatrd93
07-19-2007, 06:07 PM
man i should be thankful, i was just at 4 junkyards and there were more then 10 celica's there, including 92-93 celica front bumper and tailights, red gts with red interior and a bunch of other goodies, too bad though i really do not need anything from them, it sucks cause i used to love stripping them down. i also got a strut bar for 10 bucks, i said the same thing, best ten bucks i spent. also not to mention these were 10 new celica's there, there are more but stripped down to the bone, if you ever need anything, pm for parts, i could run and get them and ship it at your expense.

d1alltrac
07-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Junkyards in texas have countless celicas, seriously row after row of 4th and 5th gens.

I actually bought my white alltrac from a junkyard. :bigthumbu

andy
07-20-2007, 12:33 AM
how does that work anyway? did they give you the title and everything.

celicatrd93
07-20-2007, 12:41 AM
funny thing there was a 88 white alltrac at our junkyard few years back, i wanted to buy it, but someone took the motor by the time i got there. yeah andy they give you the title, some sell them and some don't and some have salvage title if they got it from the insurance company, the clean titles are from the regular owners that just want to get rid of there car.

celica91gts
07-20-2007, 01:02 AM
i dont get it. what did u find? a des montes? sorry. im not really familiar with that.

Joeye27
07-20-2007, 01:57 AM
nice any one pick up a 3 piece spoiler that will fit a coupe or vert??? ill buy
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

PhillyDRFT
07-20-2007, 04:22 AM
for some reason in pittsburgh theres nothing but 6gc's.

funny because this way you NEVER see a 6th gen in the junk yard.

celicaracing71
07-22-2007, 04:56 AM
i dont get it. what did u find? a des montes? sorry. im not really familiar with that.

not des montes "Des Moines" capitol of Iowa. Sorry bout the period thing, kinda type fast and forget about that. About the $130 pricetag i didnt know for sure, just the guy i talked to said he got his off ebay for over a 100. Man i wish we had "rows and rows" of celicas or atleast one on the road or something. I wanna come to a meet or something just to see a celica that doesnt look just like mine or smashed up.

Conor