PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new toy!

phantom240
07-18-2007, 11:08 PM
She's a 93. Paid $1500 for her. She's got an auto tranny (all the verts were auto), 109k miles, and needs brakes. All in all, I think I'm in love. 1 of less than 9000 ever produced for the north american market. I feel special!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/phantom240/P1010014.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/phantom240/P1010015.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/phantom240/P1010016.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/phantom240/P1010017.jpg
Thats my buddy, Alex in the last pic.

burnyd
07-18-2007, 11:38 PM
wow thats retardedly clean.. under the rockers how much rust is there? Yah and unfortunately those things are always atuos... what are your plans for it?

2kSnakEater
07-18-2007, 11:54 PM
LS1 swap with a 6speed and call it a day.

phantom240
07-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Plans for it? Fix that nasty rear window, bolt on a couple mods, and call it a day. I have a perfectly good fastback shell waiting for me at my dad's shop. Thats gonna be my project car. This one is gonna be a DD. Being so rare, I'm going to try my hardest to keep it out of harm's way.

GT4SOM
07-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Pretty clean but 9000 is alot of verts! Lol Do a r32 conversion on it. That would be bad ass!

phantom240
07-19-2007, 12:29 AM
r32 conversion? Do explain. Coming from years in the 240sx scene, i know all too many things that can be described as an 'r32 conversion'.

and 9000 isnt many at all, considering the total number of 240s that were built for north america from '89 to '98 was 251410.

Lets say that in the years since they were built that 50% of them have survived to this day. 8320 divided by 2 = 4160

Now, if they were distributed between the 50 states and canada's 10 provinces (in a perfect world, that is) then we are left with 69 cars per state.

Naturally, they arent distributed evenly. Most of them are in the southwest, where 240sx enthusiasts flourish. So lets say that there are MAYBE 30 in my state, running.

1 out of 30 is pretty rare to me.

PhillyDRFT
07-19-2007, 12:41 AM
He means R34 skyline. probly just the RB swap.

It's not THAT rare that you couldn't mess with it. It's not a bad find though. The rarest 240's were 93 SE's that came with HICAS and VLSD. It'll make a fine daily driver for you. I would do a 5speed swap if it were me. I like the verts. They look really nice with a silvia front too but thats a big jump if you're planning to keep it stock. Aside from that. Intake, OEM cam swap, z32 fuel filter and a few degrees of timing. You can even out your power band and add some nice throttle response all for around 100$.

Bushings! Invest now. It'll feel like a brand new car. A lot of people go with the energy suspension kit. I just went all OEM. A very noticeable difference.

phantom240
07-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Yep. Im going with energy poly bushings, as well as my fastback's AEM intake and DC header, some nicer wheels, and we'll see where we go from there.

Belive me, I know much more about 240's than celicas. Ive had them for about 5 years now.

andy
07-19-2007, 01:29 AM
no need to get all salty!

HAHAHAHHAHA
thanks philly for that. its now a daily term.

alltracman78
07-19-2007, 02:32 AM
r32 conversion? Do explain. Coming from years in the 240sx scene, i know all too many things that can be described as an 'r32 conversion'.

and 9000 isnt many at all, considering the total number of 240s that were built for north america from '89 to '98 was 251410.

Lets say that in the years since they were built that 50% of them have survived to this day. 8320 divided by 2 = 4160

Now, if they were distributed between the 50 states and canada's 10 provinces (in a perfect world, that is) then we are left with 69 cars per state.

Naturally, they arent distributed evenly. Most of them are in the southwest, where 240sx enthusiasts flourish. So lets say that there are MAYBE 30 in my state, running.

1 out of 30 is pretty rare to me.

should I tell you how rare my car is? :hehe:

angryyoungnpoor
07-19-2007, 03:24 AM
Agreed. 9000 is quite a few considering how many 90-93 alltracs were made? 1000-ish? 81 in 93.

TEAMFaint
07-19-2007, 04:12 AM
Here is what you need to do:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/ONCE_cam/verts/240F3-4a-n.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/ONCE_cam/verts/240F3-4b-n2.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/240droptop/s13-2.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/240droptop/s13-1.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/240droptop/s13.jpg

And get an RB series swap, call it a day.

T-spoon
07-19-2007, 04:32 AM
Holy crap, that's about the ugliest wheel setup I've seen on an otherwise nice looking car. YUCK.

This is in reference to teamfaint's post, not the OP.

burnyd
07-19-2007, 04:56 AM
Plans for it? Fix that nasty rear window, bolt on a couple mods, and call it a day. I have a perfectly good fastback shell waiting for me at my dad's shop. Thats gonna be my project car. This one is gonna be a DD. Being so rare, I'm going to try my hardest to keep it out of harm's way.

its not rare, Im not trying to shot down your dreams or anything its just a 240. Its clean. But your better off swapping this or doing anything with this... I know its a vert but it would be way different and much cooler.

burnyd
07-19-2007, 04:59 AM
Bushings! Invest now. It'll feel like a brand new car. A lot of people go with the energy suspension kit. I just went all OEM. A very noticeable difference.

Yes bushing and suspension on that car is just unbelieveable... the bushing kits Im sure you know this run around 200+... the labor to put it in takes hours but its totally worth it. Its so stiff and it feels brand new after driving after your done.... Just takes a very very long time.

hobbie2k
07-19-2007, 05:11 AM
I miss my S13 'vert. :sadcry:

Stupid damned Toyota truck drivers and their policy of rear-ending me.

phantom240
07-19-2007, 05:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Did she have a name? I'm trying to think of a name for mine. My black fastback was named 'Darkness' because the tails and the lights (other than headlights) were smoked black, was painted satin black, and had 5% tint on all the windows. Many a drunk tripped over my car.

In any case, yeah im going to do something nice with the car. Not quite sure yet. My biggest fear for it is our weather, other drivers, and the fact that there are so many trees by my house and I don't want limbs going through the top.

PhillyDRFT
07-19-2007, 06:05 AM
I bought all OEM bushings. I had someone at Midway hook me up through aquaintences I only spent about 100$ shipped for all of them. I would read around about energy's stuff before I invest the 200$. Some people have had problems with premature wear and tear on the bushings. Thats why I went OEM because you can't go wrong with stock. The only downside is you have to order every one of them separately which can be a pita.

I've kicked around the idea of putting the Kouki S14 front on my hatch. I still think about it from time to time. I think it's just as sexy as the Sileighty. Almost everything bolts up with minor modification the only big parts are the fenders, but Raceon USA and I think Origin make conversion fenders. Hell on earth is badly molded fiberglass fenders though.

RB swaps aren't worth the money unless you're trying to build an all out drag car. If the goal is a reliable 300-350hp a Lightly Modded SR is your better bet. A KA-T will do it too with a lot more torque but at the price of needing internals and a good tune. With the RB swap too much has to be changed just to get the damn thing in there. Not to mention the price on front clips / conversion kits for mounting and wiring. I've been in RB swapped 240's there fast and sound incredible but I can see the money spent on better projects. Just my honest opinion.

Good find though. It looks like a clean vert. I'm not going to get in a pissing contest over rarity. Things have different values to different people. I'm sure what you got is special enough to you.

ronin
07-19-2007, 12:00 PM
that looks like a 180 front end and s13 back end... onevia or sileighty?? or is that a marketed model over there?

Playfortoday
07-19-2007, 03:26 PM
should I tell you how rare my car is? :hehe:

Yep. alltracman78 and I have 1992 Celica All-tracs at a total of 271 ever imported into all of North America. Considering All-trac deaths, exporting to Central and South America and the Middle East, plus rally conversions, and other specialty junk, we are super happy fun time ultra super crazy super rare.

A total of 9000 verts is not rare. Consider that almost any make/models that offered a convertible option. Convertibles only ever accounted for a small fraction of the total unit sales. The exclusion to this rule are cars that were marketed to the consumer as or most as convertibles like the solara and sebring and miata.

I give your car a rating of mildly hard to come by.:hehe: You want a rare convertible. The MKI MR2 is a rare convertible.

Nice find though. Very clean. :bigthumbu

extremeskillz
07-19-2007, 04:37 PM
My GT-s is rarer then that. I can't find one like mine in mint condition anywhere. I was lucky to find it 5 years ago at a dealer and ever since shes been well taken care of. Alltracs are to rare and thats why there value is high. If you were to find one either in alltrac or gt-s form they will be roughed up a bit.

Even tho you found a mint condition 240, good find by the way, they are very plentiful. But from what im seeing with formula d and other drift events these will scarce as well.

Playfortoday
07-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Alltracs are to rare and thats why there value is high.

Have you ever looked at blue book or nada for an All-trac? It is comical. They do not recognize the rarity and base the price off of fancy algorithms and data collected from other trims of the celica. It sucks trying to sell an Alltrac unless it is in bad condition. It goes something like this:

(Taken from when I sold my beautiful 1992 Red Alltrac with $2500 mint Volk wheels, not counting any other mods into my price, but or less on what other 92's in my condition were selling for):

Ring...
me: Hello?
person: Are you the person selling the 1992 Celica All-trac?
me: Yes. What questions can I answer for you?
person: (general questions you ask when buying a car)
me: (general answers to all questions as they relate to my first alltrac)
person: How much?
me: $9000 firm
person: LOLOLOL. You are nuts. The book price is $6000.
me: $9000 firm.
person: I won't pay that much.
me: It's how much the car is worth. It is a collector's market, not a dealer lot.
person: Well I know of at least 4 other alltrac out there for <insert $3500 to $6500 range here>.
me: Well go for it man. Stock All-tracs rock. You get to mod it yourself. And do all the repairs and stuff. Should be a good learner car for you. Just make sure you have about $5K in the bank to fix everything that is broken or that breaks the minute you put a boost controller on it. Also, Make sure to keep the original wheels, spare and volk te-37s clean on them and swap them out for the seasons.
person: Well, good luck selling your All-trac for 9K. You won't get it.
me: Have fun finding a red 92 alltrac in beautiful condition with 10K in mods and 80K miles that runs perfectly.

A week later a sold it. It was listed for three weeks.:D

Oh yeah, the above scenario also happens a lot when a kid calls up and asks to come look at it, and then brings along his mechanic dad/uncle/etc. That happened at least 5 times. In those cases, just insert "mechanic dad:" where "person:" is above, but add in a lot more visual inspection nitpicking and "well is sounds/looks like <insert car part here> is going to need to be changed soon.:hehe:

burnyd
07-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Have you ever looked at blue book or nada for an All-trac? It is comical. They do not recognize the rarity and base the price off of fancy algorithms and data collected from other trims of the celica. It sucks trying to sell an Alltrac unless it is in bad condition. It goes something like this:

(Taken from when I sold my beautiful 1992 Red Alltrac with $2500 mint Volk wheels, not counting any other mods into my price, but or less on what other 92's in my condition were selling for):

Ring...
me: It's how much the car is worth. It is a collector's market, not a dealer lot.
person: Well I know of at least 4 other alltrac out there for <insert $3500 to $6500 range here>.
me: Well go for it man. Stock All-tracs rock. You get to mod it yourself. And do all the repairs and stuff. Should be a good learner car for you. Just make sure you have about $5K in the bank to fix everything that is broken or that breaks the minute you put a boost controller on it. Also, Make sure to keep the original wheels, spare and volk te-37s clean on them and swap them out for the seasons.
me: Have fun finding a red 92 alltrac in beautiful condition with 10K in mods and 80K miles that runs perfectly.

this is so true.

extremeskillz
07-19-2007, 05:56 PM

Ring...

Oh yeah, the above scenario also happens a lot when a kid calls up and asks to come look at it, and then brings along his mechanic dad/uncle/etc. That happened at least 5 times. In those cases, just insert "mechanic dad:" where "person:" is above, but add in a lot more visual inspection nitpicking and "well is sounds/looks like <insert car part here> is going to need to be changed soon.:hehe:

I here ya man. I bought my GT-s in mint stock condtion for $6000 at the dealer. I had my machenic looked at it and said wow this thing is nice. That y i have it today. Oh it had 86 or 87, 000 mi (can't remember) when i bought it. It currently has 105, 3XX on it (being a strickly summer/weekend car). WIth about 5,000 invested into it im pretty happy with it so far. Im pretty strick on who sees the car and how close you should be near the car. It never leaves my site and always covered when not in use.

I usually check on kbb. your right they do not take into effect of how well the car is maintained and how rare they are. They mostly go by miles and condition. Which is good for a stock car but not modded cars. Which i see y but sux at the same time.

celicatrd93
07-19-2007, 06:16 PM
nice new ride, love the 240sx vert, i would slap a s15 front end on that baby and of course a 5spd swap.

COLDAX
07-19-2007, 06:39 PM
My GT-s is rarer then that. I can't find one like mine in mint condition anywhere. I was lucky to find it 5 years ago at a dealer and ever since shes been well taken care of.

I don't understand what you mean. I live in the most densly populated state and have only seen two 3rd gen all tracs in 17 years. I see GT-S almost on a weekly basis and at least one 3rd gen per day. They made plenty of GT-S.

lburner
07-19-2007, 07:01 PM
nice!!! now all u need is a s-15 and your good

phantom240
07-19-2007, 07:16 PM
that looks like a 180 front end and s13 back end... onevia or sileighty?? or is that a marketed model over there?
All 240sx models over here, regardless of coupe, fastback, or convertible, had the 180sx front end on them. We never got the silvia front-end... which is most likely what i'm going to put on this one.... along with some baller ass rims and a slight drop.

Oh, and my past 3 cars (all ive owned) have been 5 speeds... With traffic sucking ass after hurricane Katrina caused an influx of people here, I'm ready to kick back with an automatic. I've still got my fastback, but she needs a motor rebuild.

alltracman78
07-19-2007, 07:21 PM
I have to apologize.

My comment was only intended as a quick joke, I didn't mean for the original topic to get sidelined.

It is a clean car, and looks to be well maintained, which is hard to find in itself.
Good luck with it.

extremeskillz
07-19-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't understand what you mean. I live in the most densly populated state and have only seen two 3rd gen all tracs in 17 years. I see GT-S almost on a weekly basis and at least one 3rd gen per day. They made plenty of GT-S.

Maybe in your area but not mine.

burnyd
07-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Maybe in your area but not mine.

I see GTS"s like all the time.. no lie theres 2 of them in the junkyard here.

As far as alltracs go other than mine I have seen one in pittsburgh... and that was the one I used to own lol.

T-spoon
07-19-2007, 08:51 PM

Heheh, well on the other side of that, you'll have people trying to get more money for them because they are rare, even if they're in shabby nic. Brother in law took me to look at a 90 or 91 around here because he wanted to buy it. The guy wanted like 6800 firm and it was a maintenance nightmare waiting to happen. I told him to offer the guy 4k, because of what it was, but condition wise.. blech. But the guy argued that it was in wonderful condition and he already had offers for 6500+. That was a few months ago, far as I know it's still for sale.

Can joo believe I sold my 90 for 5500ish? :ugh:

Cavanagh
07-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Amazingly, theres one in Springfield, i've talked to the dude and told him to join here, not sure if he has or not.

trumanpriest
07-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Brother in law took me to look at a 90 or 91 around here because he wanted to buy it. The guy wanted like 6800 firm and it was a maintenance nightmare waiting to happen. I told him to offer the guy 4k, because of what it was, but condition wise.. blech. But the guy argued that it was in wonderful condition and he already had offers for 6500+. That was a few months ago, far as I know it's still for sale.

This All-trac wouldn't have happened to be in Sugar Land and was Grey would it have been? I think I might have driven down to see the same nightmare of an alltrac if so.

T-spoon
07-19-2007, 11:54 PM
This All-trac wouldn't have happened to be in Sugar Land and was Grey would it have been? I think I might have driven down to see the same nightmare of an alltrac if so.
Yes sir, that's the one. Guy claimed it was babied and stored in a garage and was part of a toyota collection which he was selling off. I could make a LONG list of what is about to s'plode on that thing. It made me sad :(

'90 CeLicA Aus
07-20-2007, 01:53 AM

Ring...

ooooooh I wanna see this red AT!

Fuelish
07-20-2007, 03:02 AM
A total of 9000 verts is not rare. Consider that almost any make/models that offered a convertible option. Convertibles only ever accounted for a small fraction of the total unit sales. True, not THAT rare, .... but Toyota produced a whole lot more vert 5th gen Celicas than that - I have the figures from ASC, if anyone wants to know.... so I'd say it's a good bit rarer than a Celi vert... just saying ;)

Playfortoday
07-20-2007, 02:03 PM
ooooooh I wanna see this red AT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Playfortoday/Celica/TE-37s.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Playfortoday/Celica/Side.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Playfortoday/Celica/Rear-Straight-On.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Playfortoday/Celica/Rear-Angle.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Playfortoday/Celica/Front-Angle.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Playfortoday/Celica/04.jpg

'90 CeLicA Aus
07-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Oh man that is shit hot,,why the fuck would you get rid of that??!!! I would only dream of having that...sweet ride.

burnyd
07-20-2007, 04:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Playfortoday/Celica/TE-37s.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Playfortoday/Celica/Side.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Playfortoday/Celica/Rear-Straight-On.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Playfortoday/Celica/Rear-Angle.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Playfortoday/Celica/Front-Angle.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Playfortoday/Celica/04.jpg

that thing was all over celica.net like crazy!

phantom240
07-20-2007, 06:01 PM
I like the TE37's. How much did they set you back?

Playfortoday
07-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Oh man that is shit hot,,why the fuck would you get rid of that??!!! I would only dream of having that...sweet ride.

One word... Divorce.

Playfortoday
07-20-2007, 08:13 PM
I like the TE37's. How much did they set you back?

Taken from when I sold my beautiful 1992 Red Alltrac with $2500 mint Volk wheels

:slap:

burnyd
07-20-2007, 09:19 PM
play Im so confuzid... dont you still have your st185 or was that an older one you used to own?

T-spoon
07-20-2007, 09:42 PM
play Im so confuzid... dont you still have your st185 or was that an older one you used to own?

He used to have a red one, got :owned: by divorce, replaced with his teal cutie.

Cavanagh
07-20-2007, 10:25 PM
That sucks, that Alltrac is near godlike looking.

GT4SOM
07-20-2007, 11:44 PM
No I ment r32 conversion. Theres this one that comes out to the car meets around here. Its a vert just like that except it has a r32 front end on it. I like the way it looks on it. I'd just stick with a SR.

'90 CeLicA Aus
07-21-2007, 02:32 AM
That sucks, that Alltrac is near godlike looking.
I agree one-hundred percent. The divorce sucks man, that celi is the owner of all celis.

ronin
07-21-2007, 04:53 AM
All 240sx models over here, regardless of coupe, fastback, or convertible, had the 180sx front end on them. We never got the silvia front-end... which is most likely what i'm going to put on this one.... along with some baller ass rims and a slight drop.

you know. if you told someone you bought an s13 conv with a 180 front end from factory, but you were thinking of putting an s13 front end on it.. you'd probably be assaulted.. s13's have really become the cheep ricers first car (esp as there are so many NA s13's around) and while there are a heap of 180's, very few nice ones. i know of 1 orginal sileighty (they released very few from factory) in the state, but there may be more. there would be less than a handful of convertibles, all s13(as there was no 180 conv'd AFAIK) and if you get one, you pimp that shit..

PhillyDRFT
07-21-2007, 05:12 AM
The 180SX got 3/4 fronts through it's life cycle.

I'm not positive if the jdm market ever got the pig nose front. I don't think they did. I think it was a design meant for the US 240sx to resemble the silvia.

It got the Chuki front which is the 91-93 240sx that were used to in the states.

It then got the Kouki for the type-X models. (a very sleek and classy looking front, it came with sides and rear valences.) A much more aggressive front.

Nissan then made the sileighty from the factory. because drifters / racers were always destroying there front ends and the silvia front was one of the most common in japan at the time. Since they share the s13 chassis they all swapped over. The Sileighty was made by the end users before the factory decided to produce them in a very small number.

As for the cheep ricer comment. You can be as cheap as you want with any car. you just get the same end result.

In response to the sr20 .... ask burny how much he liked his.. IMO the sr20 blows and I'm not talking about the little t-25.

burnyd
07-21-2007, 06:21 AM
In response to the sr20 .... ask burny how much he liked his.. IMO the sr20 blows and I'm not talking about the little t-25.

performance wise it was an awesome motor... but to get a stock motor and have to do rocker arm stoppers, have to get a koyo rad, have to get the s14 pickup, have to get the greddy oil pan... all on a stock motor... lol...Just to run a stock motor... kind of sort of sucks real bad.. if money is not an object and I had to build a sr I would do it its just not my type of motor...

When the car was in WOT and full boost it was an awesome car.. when it wasnt it just plain out sucked.

Playfortoday
07-21-2007, 10:01 PM
My red one was just a color...red. The teal one has 5 times the mods, is in 20 times better condition, and is even rarer. I used to miss the red one alot, but the teal one kicks it's ass. Ask anyone who has seen it in person.

burnyd
07-22-2007, 01:28 AM
post up some pics

ronin
07-22-2007, 01:44 AM
i liked the later model 180.. i nearly ended up with one instead of the celi all those years ago, except insurance killed that idea real quick.

im not a huge fan of the SR.. not a bad engine, but just a bit old and too many issues.. most people i know with one has had to replace coil packs at least once. although if i found a good GTIR hatch for the right price id jump on it.. almost as quick as the rex, doesnt handle quite as well... but ugly as a bucket full of assholes, and that appeals to me haha.

phantom240
07-22-2007, 04:58 AM
The 180SX got 3/4 fronts through it's life cycle.

I'm not positive if the jdm market ever got the pig nose front. I don't think they did. I think it was a design meant for the US 240sx to resemble the silvia.

It got the Chuki front which is the 91-93 240sx that were used to in the states.

It then got the Kouki for the type-X models. (a very sleek and classy looking front, it came with sides and rear valences.) A much more aggressive front.
Nissan then made the sileighty from the factory. because drifters / racers were always destroying there front ends and the silvia front was one of the most common in japan at the time. Since they share the s13 chassis they all swapped over. The Sileighty was made by the end users before the factory decided to produce them in a very small number.

As for the cheep ricer comment. You can be as cheap as you want with any car. you just get the same end result.

--Yes. The JDM got the pig nose.
--Chuki = 91-94 in the states, 91-96(iirc) for the JDM, until it was turned to the type-x
--The type-x was the ONLY 180sx model available after 96, or maybe 95, I forget the exact year.
--Anyone who calls an s-chassis a 'cheap ricer' car, can eat faeces and cease to exist. They have a large following by enthusiasts like me, and I have been infatuated by them since about 10 years old.
--SR20 = weaksauce. SR20 = expensive, mild power adder. It is a decent platform for upgrades, but not all it's cracked up to be. The KA24 has so much more potential.
I like the RB20 myself.

I'm pretty much an S-Chassis guru as far as knowledge goes.

PhillyDRFT
07-22-2007, 05:19 AM
The Zenki front was sold in a very limited number in japan. People didn't like it. When I think Chuki the 94's don't come to mind, Just me being pretentious and thinking that it was a waste of a manufacturing year to only make convertible automatics. It was bad transition year to the S14.

It never became the Type X it was just a higher trim sold after they changed the 180 over to use the SR20DET as opposed to the CA18DET. Hence the names reflecting the engine. 1.8L - 180. 2.0L - 200SX (200sx is a sentra to us but to the Euro market it was the 180/240 with an SR20DET)

In only 1998 there were 500 Sileightys commissioned from Nissan, to be made by a small company named Kid's Heart.

but you're a guru so you already knew this.

phantom240
07-22-2007, 03:38 PM
IIRC, the zenki (pig nose) was the only 180sx with the CA18DET. When it got the chuki treatment, it got the sr20 as well.. in both NA and turbo form.

As far as the number of sileightys made, I never really cared. lol.

the 89-90 silvias came with the CA18 as well.

And don't dis the '94s... lol. Its a refreshing change to have an automatic for the first time in 5 years, especially after Katrina turning traffic into a nightmare here.