PDA

View Full Version : Clutches Argghhh!!

Keyroo
02-09-2005, 10:35 PM
ok so for my welcome home present i get a ...fucked gt-4

the dam clutch has been playing up, but i get home from japan, and ti's being a real ho to get into gear and it gets stuck in second and won't release the clutch at high revs, i just have to let it wind down to 3g then it pops out,

so the pedal has a really squadgy "i have fucked seals in my master cylinder' feel to it, so i ran down the break shop and got a seal kit for the clutch master and slave cylinder, wasn't that hard, just fidly adn time consuming and 'im sick as a dog atm so i really wasn't in teh mood for doing it, anyhoo so i got them done, put it back together, bled the dam thing myself using a car stand and a battery to hold the clutch down when doing the final bleed (maguiver strikes again)

start the car, nup, wont' go into gear at all, so after having a sook and a hissy fit, swearing at hte car in german, japanese and ukraniun and throwing a few tools around, i decided to investigate some more, right up under teh dash the mount for the clutch pedal had a small crack in it ages ago, which we welded up, but now thats cracked again and not only that it weakened teh whole top section where it bolts up to the main support under teh dash, the whole thing is nearly in two peices, which would explain teh really nasty feeling the pedal, so today i gotta go and rip teh whole bloody thing apart, weld it back together nad stick ti back in and hope that fixes it so i can get to work in teh city tomorrow which is where im' supposed to be today!!!

ok sorry, had to vent,, grrrrr

robbie
02-10-2005, 04:37 AM
:(

Keyroo
02-10-2005, 05:45 AM
ok so it was a bit of a slut to get out but not THAT bad, jsut one nut at hte top that gives u sfa room to get a spanner in there, i had to bend it out the way where it was cracked nad undo it, shit it was tight, yeah got it out, now to weld it and put it back in, i' m no confident enough with my welding so my old man is gonna help me he's been welding for years, gonna put some plates on it and strengthen teh bastard right up!

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~keyroo/photos/DSCN2437.JPG

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~keyroo/photos/DSCN2438.JPG

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~keyroo/photos/DSCN2440.JPG

Keyroo
02-10-2005, 05:46 AM
oh yeah no going out for me tonight! bah! if i get it done at a reaseonable time i'll catch up with everyone, be nice to have a gearbox that works

Keyroo
02-10-2005, 10:47 AM
ok so dad welded it up for me (he's better at welding i didnt' wanna bodge it) went to put it back in and already the pedal didn't feel right, realised teh dam bush that connects to the master cylinder was rooted aswell, so we turned a new one up on the lathe, and stuck it in, put the bastard back together, and i adjusted some tension out of it, feels good as good, took her for a spin, i forgot how quick she is sincei have been babying her due to the clutch for a couple of months, went down this road that leads to the resevour it's pitch black, man it was kaning, and blew a couple of flames too, could see them flash off the trees in teh rear view hehe,,
so all done,

although when putting the master cylinder back on i noticed a rusty water mark coming out of a heater hose and i was low on water,, bah, job for another day,,

Matty

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
02-10-2005, 12:39 PM
its a never ending story isn't it :)

Keyroo
02-10-2005, 09:33 PM
i know! freakin things, and i'm not doing it up anymore, just maintenence now

my aim is to get her running perfect (bar the turbo) before i go back to the snow, so i got 4 months, for full service, to fix the dash lights, make an alumium diff cushion, weld a broken bracket in the door, finish putting my bov on, hide all the illegal crap, fix an oil leak, and now fix a water leak,

shouldn't be too hard

Classique71
02-12-2005, 02:12 AM
so shes off the road for the tsunami cruise - ? would have been good to meet up mate - hsee if you can drop in on the meet anyway if you get a sec .. I like to put faces to names

Keyroo
02-12-2005, 03:41 AM
na she's back on teh road man, but money is tight and i got other plans for tomorrow anyhoo, sorry dude, we can always organise another meet tho

Classique71
02-12-2005, 06:54 AM
if money wasnt tight id say come to the ballarat custom car show next weekend ( 20th )

love to see a few decent cars that are show worthy rock up :)

Thinking of putting mine on the oval - safe and secure parking you see ;)

Stu

Keyroo
02-12-2005, 12:24 PM
thinks the guys and girls and i are going camping next weekend, u know nice and cheap and stuff,

if u want decent cars to rock up, u dont' want mine there man :P she's got too many issues, hehe

Luni
02-26-2005, 11:40 PM
At least you didnt spin a bearing and throw a rod the exact same day you got your new turbo and alternator in after spending 800 dollars on everything...

Your car is a champ in my book Matty.

Luni
02-26-2005, 11:41 PM
However I will say in Mattys defense he bought this new car, loved the fuck out of it and blew his headgasket after having it less than a month or some shit.

Mattys experience is what prompted me to preemptively replace my head gasket at 120k miles.. Now 175k miles and the bottom end gave out.

Luni
02-26-2005, 11:42 PM
God not to be a whore but i just thought about it.

Ive known ALOT of the f00z on this board for like... in excess of 3 years..

Its cool.

Keyroo
02-27-2005, 12:31 AM
na man, not headgasket, completely clogged cooling system, and it overheated so bad it warped the head beyond repair, and it was a week after i got it! hadn't even popped the hood yet i was so busy with work! oh well

yeah man i've known ya years now!

Classique71
02-27-2005, 02:36 AM
heh a week for a head gasket

i had 7 days for a busted driveshaft ;)

one week after purchase - i nearly lost a wheel coating into my street - castle nut had snapped clear of the hub studs - the caliper was the only thjing keeping the wheel intact

headgasket blew hmms - 10 months down the track - followed by the clutch .

Lotsa money and a year later im NEARLY back to having a drivable gt4 again

eddiedover01
02-27-2005, 02:40 AM
Must be something about the 300k+ club. I had to change my clutch about 2 weeks ago cause it was slipping like a bitch. Also had to do cv's at the same time. Lucky I finally found a mechanic in Melboure that i trust and the fact that his little sister works for me helps.
Ben.