PDA

View Full Version : word of advice...

91 celica st
07-15-2007, 09:55 AM
never buy kragen halfshafts.
this is the 3rd one that has borken on me in a little over a year.
pictures to come
need new shaft, caliper, rotor, and probably new hub

drivers side shaft. was turning riht and it broke off where the splines meet the thread. exact same place as last time. you can see how shitty the casting is on the piece that broke off. will post pics.

3DZ
07-15-2007, 10:13 AM
i second that...
mine broke at the CV joint and destroyed everything thats with in its radius

NDMstang65
07-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Damn...noted.

I've never had a problem like that out of the axles from NAPA...life time warranty comes in handy though with a set of slicks at the strip :)..they tend to break things

91 celica st
07-15-2007, 11:36 AM
i have a lifetime warrenty as well

but there going to fucking pay for it to be towed to a shop and done. im not doing it this time.

KoreanJoey
07-15-2007, 11:36 AM
you bitch as if CV axles are hard...

91 celica st
07-15-2007, 11:47 AM

i bitch as in everything in there is tore up. axel, caliper rotor and the hub will need to be taken off and looked at.

you cant even move the car because the rotor is fucked and the front break is locked up. coupled with the fact that it is now parked 2 miles from my house and is on a nice horizontal incline.

why make it a pain in my ass to change it in the middle of the street and take the hub off when i can have them pay to have it towed and changed for freee?

celicatrd93
07-15-2007, 05:39 PM
its not hard, its just messy work.

KoreanJoey
07-15-2007, 07:45 PM
i bitch as in everything in there is tore up. axel, caliper rotor and the hub will need to be taken off and looked at.

you cant even move the car because the rotor is fucked and the front break is locked up. coupled with the fact that it is now parked 2 miles from my house and is on a nice horizontal incline.

why make it a pain in my ass to change it in the middle of the street and take the hub off when i can have them pay to have it towed and changed for freee?

Damn dude... didn't realize it turned out that bad... pics?

91 celica st
07-15-2007, 09:26 PM
i havnt been back to the car yet as it happned last night and i didnt have my camera with me. im going back today.

im pretty sure the hub is gone. it was spinning freely in the hub and i wasnt goign anywhere in 1st gear.

my rotor is toast. i can defianly see that last night. and it was bad enough that i know ill need new pads.

so at the minimum need shaft. rotor. and pads.