PDA

View Full Version : Lift vs. Bullitt

vip09
07-09-2007, 05:36 PM
I ran a 99-04 body style Mustang GT Bullitt last night from a 1st gear roll. Started at 30mph (just in my lift range). We stayed right next to eachother all the way to 100mph. It looked to be a stock 5speed.

I thought he was going to pull on me a little, but it turned out nicely.

I was in the '01 GT-S by the way.

His mods: Stock?
My mods: Cold Air Intake

burnyd
07-09-2007, 05:41 PM
14.7 ftw!

vip09
07-09-2007, 05:46 PM
14.7 ftw!

I'm a little faster than that now. :Ban1:

T-spoon
07-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm a little faster than that now. :Ban1:

14.69 ftw! I kid I kid :hehe:

vip09
07-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Just looked up the specs for the Bullitt.

2001 2 Dr GT Bullitt Coupe

Acceleration (0-60 mph): 5.9 sec.
Horsepower: 265 hp
Torque: 305 ft-lbs.

I bet he felt pretty bad.

celicatrd93
07-09-2007, 06:03 PM
really? the mustang bullitt has 265hp and 305lbs torque, specially off the line and the 01 celica running at 180 hp and 133lbs of torque, i think you encounter the worst driver ever. good run

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0108_2002_ford_bullitt_mustang/

vip09
07-09-2007, 06:11 PM
We didn't run from a stop. His driving looked to be good. He didn't miss any gears or anything. I ran another mustang GT of the same year back when I had my PowerFC and I pulled on it pretty good.

vip09
07-09-2007, 06:12 PM
really? the mustang bullitt has 265hp and 305lbs torque, specially off the line and the 01 celica running at 180 hp and 133lbs of torque, i think you encounter the worst driver ever. good run

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0108_2002_ford_bullitt_mustang/

You forgot to add that the GT-S 6spd weights 2450lbs and the Stang weighs 3270lbs.

800lbs is heavy.

celicatrd93
07-09-2007, 06:42 PM
true that, but the mustang has more then double the torque then you do about 172 more torque, so 800lbs on the mustang still should have not run so slow. i still think the mustang should of had you. my roomate has a 02 gts w/mods, and lots of my buddys have mustang gt's and bullit mustangs and i drove both of them, and the stangs are quicker cause of the torque so i still think the mustang driver was one bad driver or shifting at 5,000 rpm :bigthumbu

vip09
07-09-2007, 07:07 PM
true that, but the mustang has more then double the torque then you do about 172 more torque, so 800lbs on the mustang still should have not run so slow. i still think the mustang should of had you. my roomate has a 02 gts w/mods, and lots of my buddys have mustang gt's and bullit mustangs and i drove both of them, and the stangs are quicker cause of the torque so i still think the mustang driver was one bad driver or shifting at 5,000 rpm :bigthumbu

The '02 GT-S is the slowest 7th gen GT-S. Rev limiter at 7800 sucks.

A car with more torque is going to "feel fast". A car that makes all it's power above 7k rpms is not going to feel fast.

celicatrd93
07-09-2007, 07:56 PM
its not that slow, no big difference from your car. also he has alot more bolt ons then your celica and its quick, and i doubt he can take a bullitt mustang from 5mph, so just because your car revs at 8400 and his at 7800 does not been yours will beat a bullit mustang. also he has the power fc tuned and his lands lift to lift. so a mustang with 300 torque and a celica with 133 torque are almost the same just becuase one shifts at 8400 and one shifts at 6400 from 5mph to 100 mph?

celicatrd93
07-09-2007, 08:13 PM
also here is a site that tells all the 0-60 and quarter mile times of all cars. the bullitt does 14.1 quarter mile time and 0-60 about 5.6. and the celica gts runs about 15's. and 0-60 times are 7 secs even with a great driver lets say 6 secs. still there is no way you were dead even, i could understand if it was a bad driver bad you said it wasn't. not trying to be an ass its just hard to believe with both cars specs are out there.

http://www.exoticcarsite.com/0-60-quarter-mile-times.htm

CollapsedNut
07-09-2007, 08:15 PM
isnt the only differance in the bullitt the rear end? Ive seen one up close and watched it lift the front end up, not off the ground but damn.

celicatrd93
07-09-2007, 08:24 PM
the difference from the gt and bullitt is ford added a cast aluminum svt cobra intake manifold and twin-bore 57mm throttle bodies with port matched heads to the existing 4.6 sohc v8 and also high flow exhaust system with special tailpipes, it ups the bullitt to 5 more horsepower and 3 more torque then the gt.

Cavanagh
07-09-2007, 08:41 PM
14.7 ftw!
:laugh: :bigthumbu

T-spoon
07-09-2007, 08:55 PM
the difference from the gt and bullitt is ford added a cast aluminum svt cobra intake manifold and twin-bore 57mm throttle bodies with port matched heads to the existing 4.6 sohc v8 and also high flow exhaust system with special tailpipes, it ups the bullitt to 5 more horsepower and 3 more torque then the gt.

Holy crap. All of that adds 5 HP and 3 torque? Like hell I'd pay for a package that gave me what a cold air intake gives plus a badge.

burnyd
07-09-2007, 09:11 PM
those cars go 14s stock... like its not too crazy... I can really see you guys being close especially from a roll its not crazy like special. I freightrained one when I had my red mr2.. that was stock and went 13.60s... and when I say freightrained I put car lengths on him.

celicatrd93
07-09-2007, 09:18 PM
well the bullitt does 14.1 and vip09 celica does 14.7, so they are close? basically the mustang had a bad driver. thats it. cause no way with a good driver they could of been the same.

T-spoon
07-09-2007, 10:25 PM
well the bullitt does 14.1 and vip09 celica does 14.7, so they are close? basically the mustang had a bad driver. thats it. cause no way with a good driver they could of been the same.

No offense to you meant at all, but have you been to a 1/4 mile track before? The difference in distance between cars running 14.1 and 14.7 isn't all that massive.

Also keep in mind that one of the big advantages that torquey mustang will have in the 1/4 mile is the launch. Lots of torque+RWD > FWD and hardly any torque. Vipa said they started around 30MPH which immediately takes away the advantage of a launch. The 2zz is meant to be strongest in high RPM once already moving, which is the situation they had. If they had started from a dig, it's likely the mustang would have opened created some separation, but after that it wouldn't have likely changed much up to 100MPH because the 2zz would be all up in its powerband and the Mustang would have already played its torque card.

This is not bench racing here, this is explaining why what happened could easily happen without the Mustang driver having been a slouch. 1/4 mile numbers don't tell the whole story.

This is the same kind of stuff that happens when a 7th gen takes on a WRX or some such from a roll instead of from a dig. Different cars are fast at different points, just the way it is. Remember, a 1/4 mile time isn't measuring the peak "fastness" of a car, but the time it took from point a to point b from a dead stop.

celicatrd93
07-10-2007, 12:00 AM
i was not trying to be a ass, but it just seemed hard to believe, with both specs of the cars online and they were dead even, its fine i am not doubting him, they both were dead even its just hard to believe.i drove both cars before so i seen how they preform.

Mr Celica
07-10-2007, 12:08 AM
tourque matters off the line, but also plays a big role when you stomp on the gas when you're allready going, its like take-off with no wheel spin, depending on where you are in the powerband

easy solution: find out the best tourque range for both cars, and see which car is closer to that range in 1st gear going 30mph. the mustangs should be lower, so the high end doesn't put out nearly as much tourque. especially in a SOHC V8, he was probably closer to redline than the celica was starting off, therefore he had to shift earlier and lost time. whereas the celicas powerband is higher and redlines a lot higher, since it is a DOHC engine. that could be the solution..

and it all depends on the driver, too. i'm suprised that the celica kept up! gotta love these quick little economy cars :)

celicatrd93
07-10-2007, 12:16 AM
depends on the driver, too. i'm suprised that the celica kept up! gotta love these quick little economy cars :)
+2 good run vip09

vip09
07-10-2007, 05:48 AM
I ran a 14.7 @ 95mph when my car was stock with full interior, 17" wheels, blah blah..

Right now my car has a cold air intake and stock unbolted exhaust. I've seen people with this same setup pull 14.3-14.4 with full interior and as low as 13.9 with the seats taken out.

It's not rocket science that I was side by side with a car that runs low 14's stock when we were racing from a roll and I was in Lift the whole time. My car never went below 6,500rpms the whole time. The Bullitt also had a passenger. I was riding solo.

burnyd
07-10-2007, 05:52 AM

well Im not being a douche canoe or anything but when was the last time you have been to the track? A car that goes 14.1 and a car that goes 14.7 anything can really happen on the street.

Now as far as a dead even dig race even with vip09 driving and some who drives their car at "the track" Ryan would of lost. The mustang is setup to go from a stand still and not a roll racing car like the celica is built for all that top end.

burnyd
07-10-2007, 05:55 AM
I ran a 14.7 @ 95mph when my car was stock with full interior, 17" wheels, blah blah..

Right now my car has a cold air intake and stock unbolted exhaust. I've seen people with this same setup pull 14.3-14.4 with full interior and as low as 13.9 with the seats taken out.

It's not rocket science that I was side by side with a car that runs low 14's stock when we were racing from a roll and I was in Lift the whole time. My car never went below 6,500rpms the whole time. The Bullitt also had a passenger. I was riding solo.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh:
:laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

vip09
07-10-2007, 06:02 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I knew you would love that :ohyeah:

celicatrd93
07-10-2007, 03:03 PM
well Im not being a douche canoe or anything but when was the last time you have been to the track? A car that goes 14.1 and a car that goes 14.7 anything can really happen on the street.

Now as far as a dead even dig race even with vip09 driving and some who drives their car at "the track" Ryan would of lost. The mustang is setup to go from a stand still and not a roll racing car like the celica is built for all that top end.
i go to the track every other week for the last 6-7years so i know my cars and quarter mile times and i go to one of the best tracks there is. whats the big deal, i said it was hard to believe for me, cause i drove both cars before and know there preformances, i still say it was a bad mustang driver and thats it.also my roomate has a 02 celica w/alot more upgrades then vip09 so i know how the new celica's run, we share our cars for the last year so don't tell me about new celica's. also one of my best friends bought a bullit and it runs pretty quick. all i said was its hard to believe and you guys insisted that i do not know what i am talking about. so don't think i do not know anything about cars. i just did not look up online specs, i drove both cars before and i know how they run on the streets.

burnyd
07-10-2007, 03:19 PM
i go to the track every other week for the last 6-7years so i know my cars and quarter mile times and i go to one of the best tracks there is. whats the big deal, i said it was hard to believe for me, cause i drove both cars before and know there preformances, i still say it was a bad mustang driver and thats it.also my roomate has a 02 celica w/alot more upgrades then vip09 so i know how the new celica's run, we share our cars for the last year so don't tell me about new celica's. also one of my best friends bought a bullit and it runs pretty quick. all i said was its hard to believe and you guys insisted that i do not know what i am talking about. so don't think i do not know anything about cars. i just did not look up online specs, i drove both cars before and i know how they run on the streets.

look vip is the ultimate celica driver... I have never seen a stock gts go 14.7 and an alltrac with a bolt on turbo kit go 13.30s. He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

celicatrd93
07-10-2007, 03:42 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: vip09 is god or maybe :thumbsdow and lets not forget his alltrac has forged pistons, rods, 18g turbo etc.... no point of arguing or ruining his thread, thats fine he believe's he think he ran with a bullitt with a bad driver go ahead and believe it, i still don't.

vip09
07-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Sure, your friend may have more modifications than me.. but that doesn't mean he should be faster. With the 7th gen, it's more about which specific mods you do rather than the quantity of mods.

My Alltrac went 13.3 on just a bolt on Greddy 20G kit. Sure I had forged internals, but I was still on the stock ecu so I couldn't tune anything.. and I was on the stock fuel system so I was only pushing 13psi. My clutch was also slipping pretty bad because it was a stock disc. If the clutch was good, my launch would have been much better and it wouldn't have slipped throughout first gear and a little after I shifted to 2nd which MAYBE would have gotten me a 12.9 at 13psi.

celicatrd93
07-10-2007, 05:53 PM
its cool man, not looking to argue or ruin your thread. thats fine, never said anything bad about your cars. drivers are the main key to the car. i am not doubting your driving, i seen your video's and you can push that baby to go.

Mr Celica
07-10-2007, 10:42 PM
:kissass:

hahaha
sorry i thought it fit :D

Joeye27
07-10-2007, 10:52 PM
:bigthumbu :bigthumbu :bigthumbu

Awesome Vip 09!!!

andy
07-16-2007, 06:45 PM
fogies??

vip09
07-16-2007, 07:20 PM
fogies??

i only have 1 fogie now.. :(

burnyd
07-16-2007, 08:18 PM
fogies??

aaahhhhhH!!!

Cavanagh
07-18-2007, 09:43 PM
look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!
Nuff said. /thread.