PDA

View Full Version : damn wife.

Ricksta
07-09-2007, 03:51 AM
the wife has a seat belt issue, she doesnt wear it. she promised that she would wear it for now on but i dont trust her on it. is there anyway to wire something to the seatbelt so that if its not on the car wont turn on or if she takes it off the car shuts off?

extremeskillz
07-09-2007, 03:54 AM
What kind of car is it? You know the dummy light that reminds you to put your belt on? Make that a signal wire and attach it a wire on the ignition switch. The only way it will start is if the belt is in place. You may need to create a harness for this with a relay but it is possible. I have never done it before but i know it is possible. you will need to play are with the wires in the ignition switch to figure out which one turns the engine.

Think of it as like not holding the clutch down before starting a manual. THe car wont start right. Similar thing but now the safty belt is the switch to allow starting.

1990CelicaGT-S
07-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Or just smack her. Seat belts save lives, and money.

extremeskillz
07-09-2007, 01:31 PM
^or that. lol.

nuclearhappines
07-09-2007, 01:49 PM
volvos are annoying if you don't put the belt in, it causes people to stretch the seat blet around the BACK of the seat and plug it... noise goes away, person is still not wearing a seat belt.

One average a person gets into 5 accidents in his life, of all car accidents at least 60% are fatal...

which means that accidents are fatal 3 out of 5 times... so almost every other time you get in an accident without a seatbelt you SHOULD be dead.

seatbelts reduce the fatality of accidents by over 80%

basically this translates to a fatality once in every 12-13 accidents you get into (rather than once every other accident)...

So now if you have 12 accidents, statistically you will die one of those times... however going back to the original statistic you are probably only going to have 5 accidents in your life (as an average... if you only have 1 that means someone else had 9... depends on driving habits)...

but since you only have 5 on average in your life, and it takes 1 in 12 to kill you that means a seat belt has almost FOR Sure saved your life by making it much less likely for you to die ...

it's difficult to explain...

Here,

your wife gets in a car and charges towards a concrete barrier
you get in an identical car and charge towards the same barrier at the same speed

she is not wearing a seatbelt
you are...

we do this 12 times

she dies on the 2nd try
you die on the 12th...

she dies 6 times before you die once

it is significant... she needs to grow up and use one ... if the belt is too thin and it splits her breasts apart or s/thing get her a shoulder pad or s/thing ?

2kSnakEater
07-09-2007, 03:37 PM
kill her, that will teach her to not wear a seat belt.

Rampage94
07-09-2007, 03:44 PM
take her out for a drive, and spin the car out. i did that, Works wonders.

vms4evr
07-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I agree with the other guys. This is not an electrical problem, it's a behavior problem. Tying it to the ignition switch means it'll take a short while for her to figure that out. Then she'll clip it behind the seat or under her and sit on it. Either way it's defeated.

Convince her to do the right thing. If need be put her on a guilt trip that if she goes and gets herself killed from being irresponsible, she's still dead, and you don't want to loose her. Get the point across that it is not just her who is affected by her decision.

Seat belts do work. In conjunction with an air bag even more so. If the car is equipped with an air bag and you aren't wearing your seat belt it will get ugly. Just in case she is using an air bag as a defense for not needing a belt.

As noted above you can get an upper harness pad if it is a height issue and the belt chafes her neck.

Ricksta
07-09-2007, 04:05 PM
kill her, that will teach her to not wear a seat belt.

doesnt that defeat the purpose? lol

Ricksta
07-09-2007, 04:12 PM
take her out for a drive, and spin the car out. i did that, Works wonders.
a couple of nights ago when we went to wal mart, she was sitting on her feet, had no seatbelt and im like wtf you said you had it on. so when it came time to park i slammed on the breaks and she flew into the dash lol. she started crying saying i hurt her foot but ever since then when im in the car the seatbelt goes on instantaniously. same goes for her daughter, i brake checked her ass too lol.

from what you all have said it seems like too much of a hassle to wire something to the ignition. i'll do some kinda guilt trip on her. i wear my seat belt religously. when this 17 year old kid ran a redlight and smashed into my gts the car went spinning, my coworker did not have his seatbelt on. funny thing is ive been telling him to wear it for weeks and he refused. he smashed his nose into the dash, spewed blood all over me, bounced up and hit the roof twice and adventually landed in the back seat or what was left of it lol. all the while i sat perfectly still and did not move one inch and walked out of the car unharmed. you must be a retard not to wear it...

liplip
07-09-2007, 04:17 PM
The real question is, what is she doing out of the kitchen?

vip09
07-09-2007, 05:30 PM
My brother used to not wear his seat belt. I took him for a ride in my GT-S. After a few corners and a 60-0 stop he had it on real quick.

Ricksta
07-09-2007, 06:55 PM
yea right, her cook? good luck on that lol.

2kSnakEater
07-09-2007, 07:12 PM
a couple of nights ago when we went to wal mart, she was sitting on her feet, had no seatbelt and im like wtf you said you had it on. so when it came time to park i slammed on the breaks and she flew into the dash lol. she started crying saying i hurt her foot but ever since then when im in the car the seatbelt goes on instantaniously. same goes for her daughter, i brake checked her ass too lol. ...

buahahahaha!! I was trying to each lunch but I just spit it all out when I read that

2kSnakEater
07-09-2007, 07:16 PM

flawless victory!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hobbie2k
07-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Seems a cruel way to teach a lesson, but I suppose worthwhile if the lesson sticks.

My wife wears her seatbelt, but she likes to curl her legs under her and slip the belt under her arm. I told her that sitting on her feet could damage the seatwarmers she loves so much (this in the Jetta), and that using the seat belt under her arm will distribute all the force (not of just an accident, but hard braking, too) straight to her pregnant belly. She does a much better job now.

1990CelicaGT-S
07-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Yeah, it's a bad enough result if theres a hard enough impact and the belts under the arm if a womens not pregnant. Good call.

I like the way you tought that lesson too Ricksta.

celicatrd93
07-11-2007, 04:35 AM
just bring some seats belts in the house and do some seatbelt fetish like tie her up, maybe spank her and give her some good loven with the seat belts in place and maybe she will then like the seatbelts. :hehe:

Blackcloud
07-11-2007, 04:50 AM
i used to not wear mine.

But i got tired of hearing about kids i went to school with dying in car crashes because they were not wearing them.

and also my dad watched a wreck on teh freeway, and watched as the kids dad held him in his arms when he died.... Kid was ejected like 50 feet because of no belt.

slap the fuck out of that bitch rick

MCcelica
07-11-2007, 06:13 AM
a couple of nights ago when we went to wal mart, she was sitting on her feet, had no seatbelt and im like wtf you said you had it on. so when it came time to park i slammed on the breaks and she flew into the dash lol. she started crying saying i hurt her foot but ever since then when im in the car the seatbelt goes on instantaniously. same goes for her daughter, i brake checked her ass too lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's fawkin Hawsome.

celica91gts
07-11-2007, 06:43 AM
lol, damn u guys are freaking hardasses..... id never trust my self spining out my car to make someone put a seat belt on. but honestly i feel naked without one. ive been in a couple serious accidents and i can honestly say i would have died if i didnt have it on. but also. if u did somehow wire it so the car wont start... what makes u think ur wife wont just grab the buckle from the passengerside and clip it in?

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
07-11-2007, 06:44 AM
The famous "BRAKE CHECK!!!! *SCRRRREEEEEEEECHHH* "...that thing works wonders...lol

Ricksta
07-11-2007, 05:44 PM
lol, damn u guys are freaking hardasses..... id never trust my self spining out my car to make someone put a seat belt on. but honestly i feel naked without one. ive been in a couple serious accidents and i can honestly say i would have died if i didnt have it on. but also. if u did somehow wire it so the car wont start... what makes u think ur wife wont just grab the buckle from the passengerside and clip it in?

my wife is a true blonde. shes as ditzy as they come. she wouldnt figure that out nor would she sit on the belt. one thing that i was concerned about is with a lot of belts they are non adjustable and can go over your neck. flawless fatality is not what i had in mind...

she may not care about her own life but i put it to her this way, what if the cops showed up at the door one day saying i died in a car accident and could be alive right now only if i had worn my seatbelt how would you feel? after making her feel like shit she now vows to wear it all the time. when i met the wife and her daughter they never wore it. now that i brake check thier asses they wear it religously lol.

Ricksta
07-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Seems a cruel way to teach a lesson, but I suppose worthwhile if the lesson sticks.

My wife wears her seatbelt, but she likes to curl her legs under her and slip the belt under her arm. I told her that sitting on her feet could damage the seatwarmers she loves so much (this in the Jetta), and that using the seat belt under her arm will distribute all the force (not of just an accident, but hard braking, too) straight to her pregnant belly. She does a much better job now.

even if she were not pregnant can you imagin the damage that belt would cause a person if they were in a wreck wearing the belt like that?!?

Ricksta
07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
last but not least ever hear of those stories "if i were wearing my seatbelt i woulda died!" and then from then on they say im never gonna wear my seatbelt its safer not to wear one! fuckin foos. heard of some decapitation stories as well. i can see decapitation being a possibility but holy shit its just kinda hard to beleive, it would take a lot to actually behead yourself with a non shop object.