PDA

View Full Version : I'm a complete idiot.... Need a hand guys.

PhillyDRFT
07-08-2007, 03:34 AM
So I was fixing the weather stripping on kotah's GT-S and I got in a bit of a hurry. When I was pounding down the strip I must have hit the glass the wrong way and gave it a pretty big crack. :stupid: :slap:

I feel awful. You have no idea. Tomorrow night (Sunday) we leave for Florida then to meet everyone at the dragon. I've been calling and looking up every glass place in the area but no one is open on sunday.

I looked up a few DIY's of how to install a windshield (I'm planning to take mine off of the GT since it's such short notice.) I'm worried about getting it done in an afternoon. Or if anyone knows of a glass repair kit I can use?

If it comes down to it. Anyone know a glass place that is pretty quick in the St pete area of Florida. I might just pay on the spot to have it done.

I feel like shit. I already regret the decision and I don't need a lecture about taking my time and not being an ass..... Any constructive advice would be amazing.

Thanks guys

extremeskillz
07-08-2007, 03:38 AM
Interesting situation. For windsheild adhesive, have you check your local auto parts store?

PhillyDRFT
07-08-2007, 03:41 AM
Interesting situation. For windsheild adhesive, have you check your local auto parts store?

I know it's called Dum-Dum or something close to that. I have NEVER done a glass install. and I have Zero time. I'm wondering if I can find a place in St pete who will come do it in the parking lot of the hotel wile were down there.

Shadowlife25
07-08-2007, 03:44 AM
You could try to Crazy Glue the cracked areas to tide you over 'till you guys get back...

PhillyDRFT
07-08-2007, 03:54 AM
You could try to Crazy Glue the cracked areas to tide you over 'till you guys get back...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I read that on another forum about fixing it. I might do it for the drive down.

I called the hotel and they said it would be ok to have an installer come do it in the parking lot. So I'm figuring I'm going to just pay a glass company to come out and do it at the hotel. Do it on the morning of the day we goto sea world or one of the full day activitys. then I'll pay for a cab to and from.

I hope she'll go for it. I left her 2 messages. I'm frantic. :lolhittin I can't stop thinking. What a douchebag why did I do that? I even started looking for my time machine I lost a wile ago.

TEAMFaint
07-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Truthfully, its never a good idea to get a windshield installed and then go driving with it while its fresh.

They put a urathane around the windshield when its put in place and it is recommended to sit for at least 24 hours before the car is driven.

When you have a fresh windshield and go driving right away, you can hear the glass flex if you hit any imperfections in the road, and cracking can occur.

extremeskillz
07-08-2007, 04:00 AM
It was an accident. Shit happens, just move on. Good luck and oh don't forget after they install the new glass to let it set for a half hour or so before using the vehicle.

PhillyDRFT
07-08-2007, 04:01 AM
Yeah I'm thinking I'll let it sit for the day wile were at one of the theme parks. I'll pay for a cab to drive us to and from the place so it can sit for the day and night.

extremeskillz
07-08-2007, 04:08 AM
Your in good shape then. Have fun.

PhillyDRFT
07-08-2007, 04:22 AM
thanks for dealing with my half hour panic attack guys

MCcelica
07-08-2007, 04:58 AM
Or if anyone knows of a glass repair kit I can use?

Thanks guys

If they made it I'd say clear duct tape...

PhillyDRFT
07-08-2007, 06:00 AM
If they made it I'd say clear duct tape...

They actually make an acrylic that you eye drop in then you lay a sheet of plastic ontop. let it dry and it fills in the divot. I've seen them used for deep chips but not cracks. I just don't know any brand names or where I would find one. aside from scouring auto-zone and pepboys.

I got down to the best solution IMHO. I put more money into kotah's car than my own. The only problem is because it's shit I break. :brick:

It's a worth wile investment though. She loves her celi.