PDA

View Full Version : MR2 3SGTE to FWD Celica conversion.

turbo4ag
07-07-2007, 08:03 AM
This has been discussed a couple times on this board, but from the scattered information I couldn't get the answer I needed. So if anyone would be so helpful as to give a list of what combinations will work with what to get this into a Celica, it would be great.

What I need to know is these 3 things in particular:

What axles can be sourced from what car
-V6 E153 possible? Stock MR2 axles? E51/E58?

What linkage can be sourced from what car
-Is the alltrac linkage the only one? If so, where can we get this? Anyone try 5spd Camry/Solara E153 linkage?

What all is needed else for the transmission
-Clutch lines, etc...

Luni
07-10-2007, 11:45 PM
1: Q) What axles can be sourced from what car
-V6 E153 possible? Stock MR2 axles? E51/E58?

A) MR2 Inner stubs mated to Alltrac/GT4 outers.

2: Q)What linkage can be sourced from what car
-Is the alltrac linkage the only one? If so, where can we get this? Anyone try 5spd Camry/Solara E153 linkage?

A) Camry/Solara or Alltrac linkage works. Original MR2 linkage works, but you have to remove it, turn it around, and drill a new point on the tranny for it to bolt to.

3: Q) What all is needed else for the transmission
-Clutch lines, etc...

A) You might need the speed sensor from the host tranny. You might want to source Alltrac/GT4 shift cables if youre doing this in a celica, but the NA shift cables should work (I dont know about on a ST celica though, I dont think their shifter cables will work. They might)

Hope this helps. Add on or change it people if im wrong or missing anything.

NDMstang65
07-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Cables out of a GTS will work fine.

You also need the slave cylinder to bolt on the front of the transmission out of a GTS or a GT car, otherwise you will have nothing to engage your clutch in with.

The link in my sig has a pretty much step by step writeup on the swap if you have any questions.

Luni
07-11-2007, 12:04 AM
And just for elaboration, GTS cables are same as GT cables.

And I dont know what slave the S53 tranny uses, but youd need the slave for an E153 wouldnt you? Slave mount bracket is part of the front motor mount bracket. Does that piece swap over from S53 to E153?

NDMstang65
07-11-2007, 12:15 AM
S53 works fine, i used it on my swap...bolts up and everything!

Luni
07-11-2007, 12:18 AM
I think perhaps the E153 stuff would mate up as well.

But Im not sure on that.

Well, I should elaborate. I know obviously the mount bracket mates up, but I dont know if it would connect to the mount and line up correctly.

Id like to think it would though.

NDMstang65
07-11-2007, 01:06 AM
The slave cylinder should line up...i believe they are all the same on the front wheel drive cars...

But weirder things have happened, Toyota is pretty good about using common parts though :)