PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Gt

James123
07-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Hello all I have just got some rims from a 1989 alltrack and was wondering if they will fit on my 1991 gt. Also I got a rad and was wondering if that would fit also without any mayjor work.

thanks
james

Azzazzyn
07-05-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm not a toyota expert by far but most if not all toyota's should share the same lug pattern. Also the rad, should fit with minor modifications if its setup in the same manor, may have to purchase new hoses as its from a completely different engine.

Slider
07-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Rims should fit, don't know about the radiator though.

andy
07-05-2007, 06:50 PM
rad should be good also, well at least my 91 gt4 rad fit my 91 gt.

Cavanagh
07-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Hello all I have just got some rims from a 1989 alltrack and was wondering if they will fit on my 1991 gt. Also I got a rad and was wondering if that would fit also without any mayjor work.

thanks
james
"alltrac"

Sorry, thats more of a pet peeve to me than burnyd and saying forgies.

andy
07-05-2007, 08:27 PM
dood i love forgies in my alltrack

James123
07-06-2007, 06:35 AM
The rims fit perfectly and give it a much better look than just black steel rims... The rad had the same brackets but the hose connection on the top is on the oposite side. I guess I could get a new hose but I am scared of it getting mealted on the heat sheild for the dp. I could snap some pictures but I may just need to get the proper rad. Got it for free tho lol

this is where it should be ====="==

this is where its on the 89' rad ="======

if u can uderstand that

MCcelica
07-06-2007, 09:28 AM
^I'm assuming that is looking at it from standing in front of the engine bay. If that is the case you can probably pick up a decent radiator for relatively cheap off of the 2.2l 4 cyl camry from a junk yard. That has the same engine as the GT and should be a little easier to come by because there were so many of them. Better way to go would be a new one but if you're on a budget that's where I'd go.

andy
07-06-2007, 06:40 PM
yep, get a junker

PhillyDRFT
07-07-2007, 12:19 AM
I've seen people cut up the stock rad hose making a 90* bend from the inlet and then adding equal diameter metal pipe to close the length across the top of the rad. Adding an extra bracket to hold the added weight. then run the rest of the hose from the other end to the block. you might want to add a bit more fluid to make up for the new room you've created.

I personally would never do this. but it's an option i've seen done before. You run the risk of the system not flowing the way it's intended to. Also it just doesn't look attractive.