PDA

View Full Version : So my 4th gen now has an engine

Ajilon
07-04-2007, 01:52 AM
I spent the entire day pulling the 3sfe out and dropping a 5sfe in. We dont have much left to do. Just connect the radiator, fuel lines, cruise, air conditioning and fish the harness back through the firewall. We got alot done today. I'm pretty surprised.

I need an ECU yet. If I can get ahold of one of those, my 4th gen will be back on the road by the end of the week! I'm excited!

Borinal
07-04-2007, 03:03 AM
MeOw?! ^_^

I'm happy Baby! I wish that I was there to help. =/ But very glad Sebatian will be running soon, none-the-less!

andy
07-04-2007, 03:07 AM
I have your ecu Gina! It will on its way to you thursday!

Ajilon
07-04-2007, 03:23 AM
awesome! that's the only thing I need yet. It'll be ready for that by Friday. Just gotta fish the wires back through the firewall.
you have my address?
Let me know what I owe you!

1990CelicaGT-S
07-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Congrats Ajilon. I'm glad to see you went with fixing the Celica. I still have parts from three 5S-FE engines so let me know because I would be glad to help. CELICATECH rocks!

andy
07-04-2007, 04:30 AM
no i dont have your address and you dont owe me anything, money wise anyway, :hehe:

jk jk. or am I?

Ajilon
07-04-2007, 04:33 AM
ok I sent you a PM with my address.

My feelings are going to be real hurt if you don't stalk me.

andy
07-04-2007, 04:38 AM
I have a almost new 5sfe fuel pump you can have also. If you need it.

Ajilon
07-04-2007, 04:42 AM
ok so here's my progress so far. Excuse teh crappy pix. Cell phones suck

A better picture of the original damage after we pulled everything off the motor. I WILL retrieve the piston that messed up my day, perhaps tomorrow, but definitely by the end of the week.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/ajilon_photos/07-03-07_1037.jpg

My method of dropping an engine. Kinda nice having friends that manage the local Big10 where I can use their lift whenever I need to!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/ajilon_photos/07-03-07_1157.jpg

This is where we quit today. Got too hot and too tired but the 5sfe is in and the bottom end is bolted up. I did discover I need to replace the rear mount and the passenger side mount. Ugh. more stuff to do!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/ajilon_photos/07-03-07_1527.jpg

All in all, not a bad days work. We manged to pull one and drop the other in about 6 hours. I'm pretty amazed at how easy it was.

andy
07-04-2007, 04:43 AM
Im more of a silent stalker, but if provoked are capable of your craziest fantasies. :hehe: yeah im a freak.

PhillyDRFT
07-04-2007, 05:18 AM
Very cool! so I'm assuming that if all goes well, she'll see the dragon again soon?

andy
07-04-2007, 05:43 AM
i always hate pushing a freshly dropped in engine but of course thats up to her, Im lookin foward to kickin it with you and your lady there philly. Ill see yall in a week or so.
Later! oh and what car should i bring? Im thinking swap. :)

Ajilon
07-04-2007, 06:01 AM
meh. I don't know. we'll have to see. The last time I took that car on the dragon my motor lasted 5K miles before the gerbils ate their way out.

85gtsblackman
07-04-2007, 06:07 AM
"u can think JOE LEWIS for this idea"

:cough: :hehe:

Borinal
07-04-2007, 06:48 AM
no i dont have your address and you dont owe me anything, money wise anyway, :hehe:

jk jk. or am I?
You better be. I'm coming to AL soon biatch, you would just be another loose end to tie up before driving to UT. =P

andy
07-04-2007, 06:59 AM
hahaha, we cant share?
but i believe it is her choice what i get, be it hug or otherwise :)

burnyd
07-04-2007, 07:07 AM
well if andy does not take the secks can I have it?

MCcelica
07-04-2007, 07:41 AM
When yall headed to UT? Stop in Fort Collins and gimme a yell.

Congrats on the engine. You made more progress on your car than I have on mine...

KotahGTS
07-04-2007, 07:57 AM
i always hate pushing a freshly dropped in engine but of course thats up to her, Im lookin foward to kickin it with you and your lady there philly. Ill see yall in a week or so.
Later! oh and what car should i bring? Im thinking swap. :)

{Philly**

Yeah I'm just teasing her. I wouldn't push a fresh swap either. especially with Gina's luck.

As for what car to bring is up to you. Both are probly a blast. I would go with whichever one handles better. I personally would pick the Corolla better gearing for twisteys.

Borinal
07-04-2007, 08:02 AM
hahaha, we cant share?
but i believe it is her choice what i get, be it hug or otherwise :)
Oh, you think that you're cute huh? She'd never choose to give you anymore than that, if that. But even if she did, that wouldn't stop me from hunting you down and killing you.

Borinal
07-04-2007, 08:04 AM
well if andy does not take the secks can I have it?
You too.

MCcelica
07-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Jeez dood. Chill out. hahaha

Shadowlife25
07-04-2007, 01:49 PM
if she did, that wouldn't stop me from hunting you down and killing you.

You too.

....It's so ANGRY.......... :laugh:

85gtsblackman
07-04-2007, 01:52 PM
all of u need to chill, some of u, u know who u are, need to quit being so hostile

Ajilon
07-04-2007, 01:56 PM
When yall headed to UT? Stop in Fort Collins and gimme a yell.

Congrats on the engine. You made more progress on your car than I have on mine...

it looks like the 27th of this month. LONG DRIVE. Will take 2 days.

I only made the progress that I did because I had a high level of motivation to get it done. I don't want to trailer a dead car across the country. My friend that's helping me is awesome too. We don't fool around. I still can't believe we pulled one engine and dropped another in less than 6 hours. that's pretty amazing when it's just two people.

I think Borinal is trying to mark his territory. If he lifts his leg, I'm gonna get nervous!

Ajilon
07-04-2007, 01:56 PM
all of u need to chill, some of u, u know who u are, need to quit being so hostile

Meh, he's just playing Joe. No one is hostile here.

85gtsblackman
07-04-2007, 02:24 PM
u didnt thank me yet, im gonna take both of your cars and give u a celica supra

oh and u suck cause u dont call me anymore to chat for a bit, i feel so unloved :brick:

Colossus20v
07-04-2007, 03:07 PM
glad you got an engine Gina.

Cavanagh
07-04-2007, 04:58 PM
glad you got an engine Gina.
Word

Murgatroy
07-04-2007, 06:36 PM
(mw)

Your engine exploded dude! Holy fricking crap!

And yes, this is mw outside of OT cause murg was telling me to look here to see the pic, cause if he kept pushing our car this is what would happen.

Borinal
07-04-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm not joking around. My first post was joking, but the second one was immensely heartfelt. I'm a pretty reasonable guy and I'm easy to get a long with. But there are certain buttons you don't push and levels of disrespect that I'll never stand for. Of course it's her choice, I don't own her. Granted, if she willingly did it, that would be one thing because it would say anything and everything that I needed to know about our relationship. But I have no respect for people that willingly cheat with somone or provoke it. I WOULD fucking kill you. (Or whatever resulted in the attempt for the sake of the unkown until such a mission were to be completed. But let's face it, it's not a very difficult task to acheive unless you seen it coming and put me down before I got a chance.) When somone means everything to you and they at least seemingly feel the same way back and somone else tries to defile such a beloved bond in such a manner as that you quickly fall off of the chart of respect, as far as I am concerned anyone that would do that kind of shit doesn't deserve to live. You shouldn't even persue that kind of thing or attempt to court somone. Of course there is some level of room in there if she just ISN'T happy with who she is with. But actively attempting to win somone from somone else when there is nothing seriously wrong with thier situation? You're just asking for it. I can be a bit of an extremist in that regard, because there are alot of dregs of society, and we could do without most of them. But the law is setup to protect everyone equally even those who really don't deserve to live. It's all relative to your perspective. Anyways, it's one thing if she were to come to me and say that she didn't love me anymore and she's moving on etc, etc, whatever and then decide to do whatever, that is fine. ...AND it WOULD crush me beyond belief but I would respect that. If the betrayal took place; then, it's just a matter of principal, and I wouldn't think twice about it.

I love all of you guys, don't get me wrong. But I won't stand for that shit, I don't find it funny, and I don't respect that kind of behavior. A joke is a joke but you just keep pressing buttons that you probably shouldn't. That whole attitude doesn't do shit for me. I'm not with somone unless I love them with all of my heart and would lay down my life for them without a second thought. Gina isn't just some random girlfriend to me or somone that is dating around. If any of you can't relate to loving someone that much then I feel sorry for you. It's easy to joke around, but if someone like your parents or your wife/gf doesn't make you feel the same way then you're probably one of those people that society could do without. Because it's a pretty basic and inherant instinct/feeling. Because even before her I could understand why somone might feel that way.

andy
07-04-2007, 09:28 PM
dood you need to calm down a lil bit.

Borinal
07-04-2007, 09:47 PM
dood you need to calm down a lil bit.
Oh I'm calm, but that's how it is.

I understand that some of you might not know, but Gina and I are together, and THAT is EXACTLY how I feel regarding everything.

andy
07-04-2007, 10:05 PM
my bad bro, im not meaning to start anything, nor is anybody else. I didnt know you were with anybody, let alone gina. sooooooooooooo congrats on a cool lady friend. I could settle for a ctech hat. :hehe:

Borinal
07-04-2007, 10:13 PM
my bad bro, im not meaning to start anything, nor is anybody else. I didnt know you were with anybody, let alone gina. sooooooooooooo congrats on a cool lady friend. I could settle for a ctech hat. :hehe:
It's all good, no hard feelings. It was just the second half of the comment that set me off. The first one is fine, I can joke around. In response, there isn't enough of her to share, there is barely enough for me! But the second part is too reminiscent of a mentality that I have no respect for unless it were somone sponging off of the other person situation with no real love and it's known, maybe just being circumstancial and I know how things can be dragged out and how people that don't get the picture can be. I ignore a lot of shit, and I know most all of it has no real meaning or intent behind it. But just to be very clear that's how I feel about things. I think that could be worked out. I'm definitely up for showing my appreciation for anyone that helps me, my Gina, my friends, family, etc, even out of my own pocket! ^_^ No member is complete without the obligitory hat anyways.

3sgte@daspeedof
07-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Ok, i'm gonna say....... Yea.....OK

All I can say is leg humpers will be leg humpers(no condoning there behavior), as long as you and your significant other are respectful of each other, and have good relationship with great communication, this stuff shouldn't get you going, but its just my .02, and I do understand what your saying. I just feel differently looking from the outside in, you know.

andy
07-04-2007, 11:18 PM
score. im always up for a hat. ill have the ecu out tommorw.

85gtsblackman
07-05-2007, 02:56 AM
i can see where this is gonna go...........:rolleyes: :thumbsdow

so gina, since u dont talk to me no more hows the motor comming

Ajilon
07-05-2007, 03:01 AM
you don't call me anymore!

I've been busy as hell listing my life on ebay and craigslist so I don't have to move it. Ugh. you wouldn't believe the amount of crap I've accumulated in the 4 years I've been here.

Anyway. the motor is coming along well. It'll be done as soon as Andy sends me that ECU. I'm predicting by monday at the latest.

85gtsblackman
07-05-2007, 03:06 AM
ah, ima need your info again, u know ima have to come take u for a ride in the u know what before u move :hehe:

andy
07-05-2007, 05:17 AM
packed up! ready for its new life in your whip gina! yea its an old shoebox. and itll be in the mail tommorw mornin. Take good care of it!

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/3/5/4/3/DSC01383_249914.JPG

Ajilon
07-05-2007, 06:39 PM
thank you Andy! I owe you one!

Luni
07-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Dave, message for you in a more appropriate forum.

Go read it.

donteatbugs
07-05-2007, 06:40 PM
you sent her the rolla too? thats mighty sweet of you.

andy
07-06-2007, 06:39 PM
hahah right.

85gtsblackman
07-08-2007, 08:41 AM
he should have

update???