PDA

View Full Version : Problem with P-Windows

Blue91CelicaGT
07-03-2007, 07:28 PM
I just baught my celica about a month ago, when I baught it the driver side window was not working and I assumed the motor had gone. But about a week ago I was playing with the broken window locks and I got it to go down for a brief period... The problem is I got it to go down but it only went down about half way and then stopped :( , and what even stranger is the fact that now my passenger side window will not go back up. I'm pretty sure now that its the window locks that had cuased my problem in the first place, my questiong is does anyone know of a way to force up my passenger side window without totally destroying it until I can find a replace ment for my driver side door/window console?

Berg
07-03-2007, 10:08 PM
You could remove the plug from the motor and use a couple of wires from the battery to the motor itself to bypass all the switches and such. That will get your windo up. I had a similar problem on one of my electrical gremlin filled Celicas. In the bottom forward part of the drivers door is the window control unit. On mine it was a little blue box. Replacing that with one from the junkyard fixed the window problems. I would also take the oppertunity to check the wires. The ones in the door are easy to get to once the door panel is off. I would also check the wires between the car and door. There is a rubber boot covering the wires between the door and the car body. Gently pry this out of the door and body and slide it one way then the other to look at the wires. It is common that the wires between the door and car break where they are bent and straightened many times (door opening and closing). Hope this is useful!

Cheers,
Berg