PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my 5th gen! (pictures)

Scynthe
07-01-2007, 12:58 AM
I finally got her home. After a mix up with the calipers i ordered the right ones finally came in on friday and I got them installed, got my safety written up and then rushed home to get it insured and made it to the MTO office with 5 minutes to spare before they closed and got it registered and a trip permit so I can drive it to get it ready for my emissions test next week. I'm just glad i got it done in time because its a long weekend and had I missed my window I would have had to wait until Tuesday at the earliest to be able to drive it. Anyways, on to the pics!

Ok here's a couple pics of the exterior. Minor body work is needed in some areas (Mainly paint chips and a crack in the paint in the hood)
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa260/Scynthetic/1992%20Celica%20GTS/Exterior1.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa260/Scynthetic/1992%20Celica%20GTS/Exterior.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa260/Scynthetic/1992%20Celica%20GTS/Exterior3.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa260/Scynthetic/1992%20Celica%20GTS/Exterior2.jpg

A couple pictures of the interior. I haven't gotten a chance to clean the inside yet but its not that dirty)
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa260/Scynthetic/1992%20Celica%20GTS/Interior.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa260/Scynthetic/1992%20Celica%20GTS/Interior1.jpg

And a few pics of the engine. Pretty standard.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa260/Scynthetic/1992%20Celica%20GTS/Engine1.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa260/Scynthetic/1992%20Celica%20GTS/Engine.jpg

:)

PhillyDRFT
07-01-2007, 01:14 AM
lol @ the air horns. What is that thing that looks like it's hooked upto the vac system? Next to the battery.

Why does your GT-S have crank windows?? I thought they all came power standard. and most with System 10?

celicatrd93
07-01-2007, 01:44 AM
nice celica gts, its clean just not feeling the hood or the painted interior other then that its a nice clean celica, looks good, welcome aboard. will enjoy the site, i sure do.

Scynthe
07-01-2007, 02:52 AM
Thanks. Yeah the previous owner had the funky horns on it. The thing next to the battery is for the horns. Personally I don't like the horns on it. I'll change it when I get the chance. I thought power windows were standard on GTS too. Maybe the doors have been changed?

5S-FE
07-01-2007, 04:03 AM
I've got the same style GTS, 5S-FE engine? Your car looks good, but I'm not a fan of the paint work throughout interior/exterior.

Paint that stuff back to original colors and you've got a sweet car. :D

I'm surprised, a GTS without leather and power options? Makes no sense, isn't GTS the top of the line out of the non-AT Celica's?... :squint:

Mr Celica
07-01-2007, 04:21 AM
looks like you've got some bigger sidewall tires on that thing, too. nice car, though, with some work it'll come out nice! good luck!

PhillyDRFT
07-01-2007, 04:42 AM
well it is a GT-S.. look at the quarter panels Not all of them had leather, most alltracs came with leather TMK. I never heard of a manual window GT-S though. Thats pretty wierd lol! . I didn't realise you bought it all that way. Good luck. It looks like a weekend or so cleanup and you'll have a nice looking ride. I'm not one for the hood ither but I guess it could work.

Cavanagh
07-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Makes me want a hatch more and more.

Trance4c
07-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Ya.. definitely get that junk off your hood. Other than that.. looks like a nice clean ride! I would work on getting some stock replacement pieces for the painted up stuff in the interior. Radiator also looks like it needs to be replaced, but all in all.. looks like its in great shape, good paint and clean interior! Should be a nice car. Enjoy

Scynthe
07-01-2007, 10:51 PM
At first I didn't like the hood either, but I am slowly gettin accustomed to having it there. I think it would look much better painted all one color though. It'll get painted next year probably. As for the interior I like the red accents and am going to continue it throughout the interior, but the white on the inside is definately going. The previous owner also painted the rims white which I cant stand. It looks like a shitty spray can job. I tried a test spot with some gel paint stripper and the rim itself underneath the paint looks like it may be in ok condition. So I'm going to remove the paint and baring any major blemishes just polish them up. If the wheels end up being in bad condition under the paint I'm going to repaint them silver/chrome and make them look nicer. Atleast until I can afford new shiny wheels :)

MCcelica
07-01-2007, 11:03 PM
See, I dig the white on the interior, just not red AND white. If you're going to paint pieces of the interior do 'em all the same color. Either white, or red. GL with the wheels too. Looks good man.

Scynthe
07-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Yeah i dont like the mix of colors. I could see white accents if they wanted them like litte tiny spots of white, but having full sections white and some red looks horrible. I'm going to paint them all red. I wonder if he ran out of time and just primed them with white primer and was hoping to paint them red later?

TEAMFaint
07-02-2007, 01:35 AM
Paint it all black. Or you'll kick yourself in the ass later, everything else just looks to ricer. Black is the original color, keep it that way.

I dont really digg the hood either, but to eachs own..truthfully with having that hood it gives you a good opportunity to make get..ohhh..a CF OEM hood?

Also with the manual locks/windows, you could get them on the GTS, you just had to get the car custom ordered. So consider yourself special when you are manually rolling up your windows haha.

I see the Ontario salt has got to some places, such as the radiator for example. Give her a good solid wash/wax. And in the winter, wash her at least once a week.

Welcome to the site and enjoy the car :)

Scynthe
07-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Lol who would custom order manual windows? Just seems wrong :( No power door locks either, but I have them controlled by keyless entry via my alarm so I guess they were installed afterwards. No inside controls for them though. I've given her a good wash and the wax is to follow soon after I wash it again. I need to get some decent wax, any suggestions?

Not too sure on the CF hood. I've never been a fan of CF. I'm not a big purist with cars either. I understand where you are coming from with painting it all black but I really like having interiors with some of the color from the exterior flowing through it. I wont go nuts and paint the whole dash or anything, just the parts he already painted will be painted to match the body color. I'll grab a decent shifter knob (the one on it sucks) and maybe a matching ebrake handle and then i'm done with the inside (aside from cleaning/armor-all. As for the exterior I definately want to get a new paint job and some new wheels, but it will take a while for these since I'm low on funds atm. I'm probably going to paint the car the same shade (or similar) of red but just add some metal flake to the finish. Not sure about the scoop tho. I'm leaning towards getting rid of the white but it is growing on me.

Ghosty
07-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Lol who would custom order manual windows?

I, for one, would do it.

I've seen many a Toyota that had to replace a motor for the automatic windows. If I'm not mistaken, it might be a $300 job.

What could have happened: The motor burned out, the guy didn't want to pay that and have more problems, swapped the stuff to make it manual. Problem solved.

Plumbous
07-04-2007, 08:41 AM
No power windows(and other missing options?), "do it at home" painting? I would check all your documents and your VIN. Could be that the PO bought a GT-S badge off of eBay.
Nice car though, I like red 5th gens.

squall leonhart
07-04-2007, 03:22 PM
No power windows(and other missing options?), "do it at home" painting? I would check all your documents and your VIN. Could be that the PO bought a GT-S badge off of eBay.
Nice car though, I like red 5th gens.

did he also buy a hammer to widen the fenders off ebay? that part's not so easy to do...;)

manual windows and locks ftw!

good luck with the car. although i'd personally be yanking the hood and going one color...it's your car. just be good to it. enjoy :)