PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Choices!!!!!

1992CelicaGT
06-30-2007, 11:01 PM
I have a Black 1992 Toyota Celica GT that I've had for about a year now and I'm going to start modifying it and I need help and experience from you guys.

I am going to let you guys help me choose...

Paint: now its black and its starting to fade and it has very many dings...
I need help on choosing what color

Body Kit: my bumpers are cracked and faded...
I need help choosing what type I should get

Interior: I was going to accent it with a color but have to choose paint...
also choose seats etc.

Wheels: I want you guys to recommend some wheels and where I can get them decent price

Thanks

Cavanagh
07-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Paint: respray black
Body Kit: :slap:
Interior: What color is yours currently?
Wheels: www.edgeracing.com is a nice site. 5x100s is what your looking for.

geebes
07-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Paint: x2 respray black, or do a dark maroon color (aka sexxor ;))
Body Kit: x2 NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Interior: x2 What color is yours? If blue, no accent. If grey, no accent. Momo seats! Black and grey :) for either color.

Wheels: I love teh enkei wheels, check out discounttire.com

then buy these wheels! :) Would look awesome with the black car!

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/wheelProduct.go?rcz=99223&rc=WAEINT&tc=ENKRPM

1992CelicaGT
07-01-2007, 02:29 AM
what color wheels should I get

KoreanJoey
07-01-2007, 03:11 AM
bronze seems to work well with black in my opinion.

Ajilon
07-01-2007, 04:46 AM
Paint: I'm with black. Fix the dings and imperfections and respray it black with a quality 3 stage paint. My 4th gen is black and it's the secksay!

NO on the body kit. Celica's don't need em to be nice.

Hmm interior: what color is it now? If it's grey, I'd leave it alone. It's a nice, neutral color that goes well with just about everything.

Wheels: Depends on what you like. I run Fittipaldi 5 spokes on my 4th gen GT vert, but I have 7th gen wheels on my 5th gen GTS. I actually kinda like the 7th gen wheels. Cheap alternative.

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
07-01-2007, 04:51 AM
korean, what would you think about my red car with bronze/gold rims?...would it look right?...i would have to say black is one of the best if not the best color to get bronze rims with...

geebes
07-01-2007, 08:52 AM
You can't really go wrong with a wheel color on a black car, grey,silver, bronze, gold, black...they would all look excellent, its really a personal preference. Bronze or gold would look awesome, but then again black on black is always a good choice.?

Cavanagh
07-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Bronze for sure, i always thought that putting black rims on a black car was always a little too much.

KoreanJoey
07-01-2007, 07:40 PM
korean, what would you think about my red car with bronze/gold rims?...would it look right?...i would have to say black is one of the best if not the best color to get bronze rims with...

Honestly I like the polished aluminum look on red cars... *shrug*

celicaracing71
07-01-2007, 09:01 PM
what size rims would/could you put on a 5th gen ST

celicatrd93
07-01-2007, 09:23 PM
don't have to say much everybody here gave good advice, but i did not know we had so much bodykits haters. i like certain bodykits and lip kits on celica's as long as you can put the car togehter well it will not look ricey. i think my kit looks nice molded on the coupe. do whatever you like man, its your car and your money we can only give you advice.

Fuelish
07-01-2007, 10:25 PM
My vote goes to "keep it black" as well .... if you go another color, then you'll either need to do a lot more work (paint underhood/engine bay, inside door jambs, inside trunk, etc) or, imho, it will look like a half arsed paint job, no matter how nice. My vote goes to "no body kit" on a 5th gen, also.
As far as wheels, style/size is up for grabs, but I love gunmetal grey wheels on black (actually on any color) cars...... just pitching in my $0.02-less :cool:

vms4evr
07-01-2007, 10:39 PM
If you're going to keep it black. Get every possible ding popped out and prep it carefully. Black is the most awesome color on a car and also the absolute worst for showing imperfections and dirt.

Mr Celica
07-01-2007, 10:59 PM
^x2, don't half-ass it, you'll be glad you took time to fix all the imperfections after you see it all done correctly.

1990CelicaGT-S
07-03-2007, 04:21 AM
I vote for the black paint as well. Nothing looks better than a nicely painted black car. But take the time to do it right, it will really pay off.

If your interested in making your car look different and have heeded the bodykit warnings we've given you than you should look into the CS conversions. They are much better looking than any bodykit on the market for our cars.

As for rims, I think its personal choice. I personally like the look of the 7th gen rims on the 5th gen.

Good luck on whatever you do choose though. You'll have to keep us updated.